HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2013, 12:28 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,169 Posts
Discussion
Replacement Rotors For Leopard Motors.

I've searched as best I can on the net but can't find any replacement rotors for Leopard Motors.
The two in particular that I'm after are ones for a LBP4082 1250kv & a LBP4082 1600kv.
Any assistance would be most welcome.

Cheers.
Paul.
785boats is online now Find More Posts by 785boats
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2013, 01:44 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
If you want the real deal here are the motors they attempted to copy--http://www.neumotors.com/Site/1500_series.html

Steve Neu
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old May 20, 2013, 02:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
I have not seen any motor maker offer any major parts for sale.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,169 Posts
I run your Neu motors as well Steve. Top stuff.

Now there are Leopard, TP Power, Tacon, KD, Xerun, Turnigy, TFL etc all with basically the same design of motor. So I wonder if the rotors of one will fit the other.
I do have a good Turnigy 4082 1600kv motor. Might pull it apart & see how it compares & if it fits.
I just hate to throw out perfectly good cases if the rotor can be replaced. Both motors had only done a few minutes in a 6s boat before they failed.
You will be pleased to know that there is a Neu 1527/1y in the boat now running cool & strong. And wins a few races now & then.
Cheers.
Paul.
Old May 20, 2013, 02:13 PM
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,169 Posts
Zeroback.
Not the answer I wanted to hear
I think Steve offers rebuild kits for the NEU motors. Is that right Steve?
Old May 20, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
Zeroback.
Not the answer I wanted to hear
I think Steve offers rebuild kits for the NEU motors. Is that right Steve?
We offer parts--no kits as such. For motors that get really trashed we offer a 40% discount on a replacement motor os similar specs.

Steve
Old May 20, 2013, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Well that is amazing!! that Nue offers parts for sale. I truly am impressed, that in itself is a good reason to buy the Nue brand. If I ever have the money to buy a new motor again it will be a Nue. I have one used Nue motor that I bought broken (burnt winding) and when I find an airframe for it I was planning on rewinding it. I read the post about magnet failure causing the burnt winding and it stated that Nue used N50SH magnets, has this been the case since the inception of these motors? My past experience with top shelf motors needing a part has only been the discounted new motor. It makes me sad to see a motor that needs a part get tossed.
Old May 20, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroback View Post
Well that is amazing!! that Nue offers parts for sale. I truly am impressed, that in itself is a good reason to buy the Nue brand. If I ever have the money to buy a new motor again it will be a Nue. I have one used Nue motor that I bought broken (burnt winding) and when I find an airframe for it I was planning on rewinding it. I read the post about magnet failure causing the burnt winding and it stated that Nue used N50SH magnets, has this been the case since the inception of these motors? My past experience with top shelf motors needing a part has only been the discounted new motor. It makes me sad to see a motor that needs a part get tossed.

Depending on which motor we use N38 to N42 UH material on most motors. Some motors use N48 but not for the stuff that needs to operate at high power. Truth be told there is no N50 SH material available in commercial production--regardless of what some might suggest....

SH is 150C and UH is 180C.

Steve Neu
Old May 20, 2013, 06:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
I'm sorry I have confused the Nue motor with a different brand motor that post on RCG as well.
Last edited by zeroback; May 20, 2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old May 20, 2013, 06:53 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,001 Posts
How about this place:

http://www.hobbywow.com/en-leopard-m...-pi1-c2548.htm

They don't say where they are at but I assume they are here in the U.S. They mention free shipping but don't say if that is worldwide or not. Might be worth asking.

If you need common parts like shafts or bearings you might just as well find them elsewhere, it is easy enough.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old May 21, 2013, 02:56 AM
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
3,169 Posts
Jackerbes.
I've tried them & Im sorry to say they don't sell spare parts.

zeroback.
I did manage to find two pages of spares at A Main Hobbies. None of them are Leopards & they tell me that they don't sell Leopard parts or motors.
But I wonder if any of them are the same rotor.
How is one to know?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...-Rotors/page/1
Old May 21, 2013, 04:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
I'm just not with it today, I was thinking out-runner motor rotor. Being that the Leopard is a counterfeit Nue maybe one from Nue motors would fit directly. Not that it makes Nue's wallet happy but, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Old May 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Dec 1999
7,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroback View Post
I'm just not with it today, I was thinking out-runner motor rotor. Being that the Leopard is a counterfeit Nue maybe one from Nue motors would fit directly. Not that it makes Nue's wallet happy but, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
To connect the dots--Leopard copied the Castle license built version of our 15XX motors.

And it is NEU--not Nue

Steve Neu
Old May 22, 2013, 07:22 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
<stupid comment removed>
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old May 22, 2013, 11:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
I've searched as best I can on the net but can't find any replacement rotors for Leopard Motors.
The two in particular that I'm after are ones for a LBP4082 1250kv & a LBP4082 1600kv.
Any assistance would be most welcome.

Cheers.
Paul.
Now you know were to look for a part!