HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:07 AM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
355 Posts
You have two holes in the wheel hubs that the steering rod can be attached. Using the innermost holes makes a big difference in wheel angles and steering
ScorpioFIN is offline Find More Posts by ScorpioFIN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:24 PM
Joined May 2014
18 Posts
ScorpioFIN,

Thank you for your attention!
I want to introduce everyone in the group, my l959.
I replaced the shocks and made the adjustment of the front wheels.
ScorpioFIN, please see if you're right!
Dfronzani is offline Find More Posts by Dfronzani
Old Jun 14, 2014, 03:00 PM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfronzani View Post
ScorpioFIN,

Thank you for your attention!
I want to introduce everyone in the group, my l959.
I replaced the shocks and made the adjustment of the front wheels.
ScorpioFIN, please see if you're right!
Looking good!

Should oversteer much less now, have you tried it yet?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 04:17 PM
Joined May 2014
18 Posts
ScorpioFIN,

Sorry, but I did not ...
I did not tested it yet, but you mean to tell me the way it is going to be better to drive?
Or you want to know if I thought that with these changes improved the performance of l959?
Dfronzani is offline Find More Posts by Dfronzani
Old Jun 14, 2014, 07:16 PM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfronzani View Post
ScorpioFIN,

Sorry, but I did not ...
I did not tested it yet, but you mean to tell me the way it is going to be better to drive?
Or you want to know if I thought that with these changes improved the performance of l959?
Both, actually.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:49 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
875 Posts
Great New for US people! BG have A979, FT009, L959 in USA warehouse now. Cheaper price and Faster delivery.
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A979-...-p-916960.html BLUE ONLY.
http://www.banggood.com/Feilun-FT009...-p-906673.html ORANGE ONLY
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...r-p-64851.html Green and White Only
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:48 AM
Finland, Nilsiä
Joined Jan 2014
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriRuFIN View Post
Yeah mine shock oil is silicone. Not motor oil . And yes I have tuned and tested some suspension setups. Next I try stiffer springs to rear.
Stiffer spring worked. Car runs great, but now I broken car again. This time gears. But I have brand new set in my bag. There was lots of sand in gear cover...
AriRuFIN is offline Find More Posts by AriRuFIN
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:20 AM
Finland, Nilsiä
Joined Jan 2014
52 Posts
Carden driving.. I mount the phone to remote and record same time video. Bother that video stops sudently.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw3hge9cubasxuy/VIDEO0008.mp4
AriRuFIN is offline Find More Posts by AriRuFIN
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:52 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
No Reverse on a brand new L959 (Brushed)...

Hi guys!

Today I received my first L959 (Brushed). I'm beginner in car models and I'm very impressed with the model.
The problem is, the manual shows reverse motion, but the model do not show any sign of reverse movement, just a tiny sound (I guess from the receiver). I'm getting the same sound when the model goes forward but times higher.
Please guys, give advice!
Thanks!
TheRed is offline Find More Posts by TheRed
Old Jun 23, 2014, 04:11 PM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
Hi guys!

Today I received my first L959 (Brushed). I'm beginner in car models and I'm very impressed with the model.
The problem is, the manual shows reverse motion, but the model do not show any sign of reverse movement, just a tiny sound (I guess from the receiver). I'm getting the same sound when the model goes forward but times higher.
Please guys, give advice!
Thanks!
The car has a built-in feature that you must become a complete stop before it switches to reverse. When you brake to stop it, you have to return the throttle trigger to neutral before attempting to reverse. Maybe you haven't tried that?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 04:52 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioFIN View Post
The car has a built-in feature that you must become a complete stop before it switches to reverse. When you brake to stop it, you have to return the throttle trigger to neutral before attempting to reverse. Maybe you haven't tried that?
Thanks man.

The car is in complete stop, even it is upside down and I'm trying to get reverse from complete stop (without going forward at all). Still, it gives some indications of receiving signal when putting the throttle forward by a very weak sound from the receiver I guess...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:17 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
875 Posts
Could it be a low battery problem? Since it's brand new car, I think you'd better contact the retailer about the problem. Don't miss the best time to get customer service.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:14 AM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Could it be a low battery problem? Since it's brand new car, I think you'd better contact the retailer about the problem. Don't miss the best time to get customer service.
I totally agree, seems like this one is faulty. If the battery was flat, the car would not move at all, the low voltage cut-off feature cuts the power off completely and suddenly, so it just stops and doesn't move in either direction. If it does run forward but not backwards at all, it's a problem with either the Tx or the Rx.

Don't wait too long before contacting the vendor, or you might run into problems. They will likely ask a video of the car behaving badly, so if you have a possibility to shoot a short clip, things will usually go very smooth.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:53 AM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioFIN View Post
I totally agree, seems like this one is faulty. If the battery was flat, the car would not move at all, the low voltage cut-off feature cuts the power off completely and suddenly, so it just stops and doesn't move in either direction. If it does run forward but not backwards at all, it's a problem with either the Tx or the Rx.

Don't wait too long before contacting the vendor, or you might run into problems. They will likely ask a video of the car behaving badly, so if you have a possibility to shoot a short clip, things will usually go very smooth.
I fully loaded the battery first with the balance charger and the voltmeter shows the two cells are OK (and loaded). And yes - I'll make a short video of the behavior and will send it to BG.

Thanks guys!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
I fully loaded the battery first with the balance charger and the voltmeter shows the two cells are OK (and loaded). And yes - I'll make a short video of the behavior and will send it to BG.

Thanks guys!
Here it is the short move with the problem. Please, comment if you have some advice... Thanks!

L959 No Reverse (1 min 12 sec)