Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:11 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
922 Posts
Hi

I had some credit at HK burning a hole in my virtual pocket, so I just ordered one of these. I see they recommend 3S 1300mAh batteries. I have some 3S 1600mAh nano-techs that i use in a couple of other aircraft. Do you guys think those will work, or do I need to order batteries for this?

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Aug 04, 2014, 06:08 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Thanks for posting this info joseico90. My first 2 attempts at flying before reading this ended in quick crashes. I did your mod and drilled out the head for 3mm bolts and used toothpicks. I double checked my rotor and I wasn't getting full movement on right. I was able to correct it on the radio. The wind was pretty calm today and I started the pre-rotater and got the main blades moving. The auto g2 tracked straight ahead. I waited a bit longer than on my first attempts to get more speed up. It took off and this time I actually felt like I had control. I did some turns and noticed that orientation was hard to maintain with the white craft and blades - especially today with the white overcast sky. I used the ailerons and rudders together to make the turns. I flew a few circuits and then performed a landing. The key was keeping the throttle up. Next flights I'll work on trimming it out. Time to take a closer look now at your other mods!

thanks,
Brendin
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:21 AM
Lets break some props :D
United Kingdom, Liverpool
Joined Jun 2008
4,682 Posts
I'm not monitoring this thread at the moment so please inbox me if you need to.

Here is how I made this thing fly like a dream, by making my own blades..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1307
joseico90 is offline Find More Posts by joseico90
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:25 AM
Lets break some props :D
United Kingdom, Liverpool
Joined Jun 2008
4,682 Posts
proof

Durafly Auto G with home made 2" balsa blades !!SUPERB!! (9 min 32 sec)
joseico90 is offline Find More Posts by joseico90
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:30 PM
Joined Sep 2014
39 Posts
Does smashing into the ground and breaking the fuse in half and bending the prop shaft constitute a mod ?
Greywuuf is offline Find More Posts by Greywuuf
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:54 PM
south germany
Joined May 2009
126 Posts
O yeah - this is the "final mod " - very well known to the friends of HKs Autogyro.
rainerm is offline Find More Posts by rainerm
Old Oct 01, 2014, 12:03 AM
Joined Sep 2014
39 Posts
"meh" the fuse and boom are all ready repaired....going to go with a "standard" prop shaft and prop adaptor ( since I smashed the original prop into a fruit dish in the house while trying to center the servo's on original build... I all ready have large hole props ) pretty much my own fault... I was just kinda seeing if it would track straight and spin up ....never should have taken off in the road had no place to go ..panicked and packed it in.... next time I hook up a battery I will be at a flying field ;-)
Greywuuf is offline Find More Posts by Greywuuf