HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by hammer22, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:57 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,278 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Yes i use my A9 with the nano
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=26

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=57

As you can see i have throttle, gyro, and pitch all on J3. Rudder and elevator are reversed.
Everything else is setup following the nano CPX manual. I followed the settings for the DX8.

You may want to ask in the Nano thread because i'm sure i've heard of the swash plate going forward and to the left with Spektrum radios too. There is something you should be able to change to get it working. Make sure the channels are set up correctly. Also i used a flight condition for my throttle hold
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Last edited by hone1er; Feb 01, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:15 PM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Ok, thank you. I'll have a look there
ezzy100 is offline Find More Posts by ezzy100
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:04 PM
Missouri
Joined May 2010
82 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzy100 View Post
Hi, can somebody be so kind and post his settings for a Nano CPX with a A9?
Here is my setup:

Hammer22 sent a module with updated firmware

I checked out Karl Kethler's setup document mentioned on the Crash Cast.
Here is Karl's setup link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4kSFM6irU/edit

Karl's document covers servo and channel assignment and order which is a change from A9 default.

I did depart from Karl's and Hammer22's advice by increasing all end points to 140.

Channel assignments are as follows:
Ch1 Ail J1
Ch2 Elev J2
Ch3 Thro J3
Ch4 Rudd J4
Ch5 Pitch J3
Ch6 Gyro null

I am a new heli pilot so I used lower rates than recommended in the nano manual.
Dual Rates and Expo
Low rates:
Ail and Elev 60% with expo -20%, both low and high rates are mapped to switch A
Rudd 80% with -10% expo, both low and high rates are mapped to switch D
High rates
Ail and Elev 80% with expo -10%
Rudd 100% with -10% expo

The A9 throttle curve has 7 points vs spektrum's 5 point. I used the programming recommendations for the DX7s on p 6 of the nano manual. I mapped the throttle and pitch curve to the 3 position switch E
I set Point 2 on the throttle curve to 40% and placed a straight edge from point 2 to position 7 which is 100%. I then "drew" a straight line with the curve to point 7 at 100%.
The curve values are as follows:
Normal
point 1 0
point 2 40%
point 3 53%
point 4 67%
point 5 79%
point 6 90%
point 7 100%

ST 1 all positions 1 through 7 are at 100%
Hold all positions 1 through are 0%

The pitch curve is as follows. It is also mapped to switch E. I used the same method to determine the curve. I set position 1 at 30% and position 7 at 100% and drew a straight line between the 2 points.

The values are as follows:
Normal
point 1 30%
point 2 41%
point 3 54%
point 4 64%
point 5 76%
point 6 87%
point 7 100%

St-1 and Hold are as follows:
point 1 0%
point 2 25%
point 3 40%
point 4 55%
point 5 70%
point 6 85%
point 7 100%

Gadget
Gadget99 is offline Find More Posts by Gadget99
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:25 PM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
That couldn't be!

Created a new model in my A9, set all settings correctly (think so). And the damn left aileron goes down and elevator a little up while throttling up. Not possible to control the heli, because no response of the aileron/elevator stick while throttling
If I don't throttle up, aileron and elevator works fine.

What the hell .....
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:58 PM
Missouri
Joined May 2010
82 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Did you choose 1 servo 90 degrees as you were setting up the new model in the A9? That had me confused until Hammer22 and Karl clarified for me.
Gadget99 is offline Find More Posts by Gadget99
Last edited by Gadget99; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: clarify
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:24 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Yes, one servo. So there is no other possibility to adjust another servo. But there couldn't be a failure on the mainboard, because it works well with the DX5.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:31 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
OK, got a solution for my problem (swashplate goes forward left while throttle up).
Currently not on my Laptop, I'll post my settings in a few hours.

@hammer22: Great work
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:15 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2013
0 Posts
DSM2-DSMX module

hammer22:

PM sent
cyclicdyslexic is offline Find More Posts by cyclicdyslexic
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:13 AM
Germany/Dortmund
Joined Aug 2009
11 Posts
Quote:
Currently not on my Laptop, I'll post my settings in a few hours.
Yes, please!!!
Juky is offline Find More Posts by Juky
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:53 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Ok,

in the short version:

I have put a subtrim of -62 to the aileron and +62 to the elevator (or the other way around, but I think -62 = aileron & +62 = elevator).
Swashplate = 1 Servo (90)

The solution with the subtrim is confirmed with "Hammer22". Maybe its not the value of "62" in the subtrim on your heli, but these values works for me.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Feb 2013
0 Posts
Futaba/Hitec Compatibility

I have another question -- is this module compatible with all futaba 2.4ghz systems? FASST and FHSS?

If I get a module for an Aurora 9, will it be out of the box compatible with, for example, an 8FG Super or an 8J? Or will there be mods required?

I've read that the pinouts are the same for futaba and hitec -- but I just want to make sure.

And yes this may be a noob question. Thank you -- I really haven't been able to find a clear answer. I'm 85% sure they are compatible lol.
Crmsne is offline Find More Posts by Crmsne
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:51 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Pins are different, but even if that wasn't the case, this module talks the spektrum protocol and nothing else. It will talk to nothing other than the spektrum 2.4 receivers.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:52 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Old hitec radios had the same pins, but an a9 does not.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:41 PM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Aug 2004
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Still available?

Are any of these still available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer22 View Post
Edit 1/4/2013: I have A9/Eclipse/Optic/Futaba modules available again. Finally got my parts order. I have had to raise the price to $95.00 due to the parts costing more but that still includes free shipping to the US and Canada. But for overseas shipping, just add $5.00 more. Thanks to those who have purchased one and I look forward to many more happy customers.

I am selling custom made 100% DSM2/DSMX compatible transmitter modules for use with Hitec Aurora 9, Optic 6, Prism 7 or other module based Hitec radios. These modules are 100% completely DSM2 and DSMX compatible and are able to transmit in either the original DSM2 protocol or in the frequency hopping DSMX protocol. Switching between modes is quick and easy using the transmitter throttle stick and the bind button on the module. I am asking $95 shipped to US and Canada (USPS first class w/delivery confirmation). I will ship internationally for an additional $5 via USPS first class mail.

Disclaimer: This is not a Spektrum brand module and does not contain any Horizon Hobby or Spektrum parts. This module is custom designed with custom firmware and built using a 2.4GHz RF module based on the proven Cypress CYRF6936 2.4GHz DSSS radio chip, the same RF chip used in all Spektrum radio equipment. This same RF module is used by another popular RC radio equipment manufacturer in their FCC certified transmitters.

The module firmware has been updated to be able to send 9 channels in DSMX mode. There are actually 3 transmit modes in the module:

DSM2 - Sends up to 9 channels and is compatible with any DSM2/DSMX receiver.
DSMX-7 - Sends only 7 channels and works with any DSMX receiver.
DSMX-9 - Sends 9 channels but works only with DSMX receivers of 8 channels or more like the AR8000 or AR9020.

This module is 100% functionally equivalent to the Spektrum DM8/9 module in DSM2 mode and converts your transmitter to DSM2. But it also adds DSMX.

This is a full range module with an average RF output power level of +20dBm.

This module is designed to accept up to 9 PPM channels. It is configured for the Hitec/Futaba channel order (A.E.T.R.). It will re-arrange the channels to match the JR/Spektrum channel order (T.A.E.R) thereby making your Hitec transmitter able to control the popular Bind-N-Fly micro aircraft.

The firmware in this module has been extensively tested with a wide variety of DSM2/DSMX Spektrum receivers including the AR6400 micro brick RX used in the popular Eflite and Parkzone micro aircraft, AR400, AR600, AR7000, AR6110, AR8000, AR9000, AR6210 and HK Orange 6 channel receiver.

Key Features:
- Protocol - DSM2 or DSMX mode.

- Easy to switch between modes using throttle stick and bind button.

- Compatible with any DSM2 or DSMX receiver, including DSM2/DSMX Bind-N-Fly micro aircraft and helicopters and the Hobby King line of Orange DSM2 compatible receivers.

- Resolution - DSM2 - 10 bit. DSMX - 11 bit.

- Maximum number of channels transmitted:
DSM2 mode - 9 channels.
DSMX-7 mode - 7 channels.
DSMX-9 mode - 9 channels.

- RF output power: +20dBm.

- Power input voltage range: 5 - 15 volts.

- PPM signal voltage: 5V to 12V

- Exact fit Hitec transmitter case for correct fit in Hitec module based transmitters.

- Informative status LED that does more than just tell you if power is on.

- 14 day money back return policy if not satisfied.

Some buyer comments from my JR module:

Bob Y., TX:
Flew my new Beast BNF today with your module. Binds fast and works great. Can't attest to range as I'm flying a micro size plane and keep it close in. The range check was great, went out past 40 paces on low power with no problems.

Roy L., NJ
I flew your module in a JR 8103 tx today in dsmx mode. It was an E-Flite Taylorcfaft, Park 480 motor, Spektrum 7010 rx. Ground checking @ 30 pacesin low output & walking all around the plane was solid. I had five perfect flites. No issues at all. flew the plane as far out as I could see. Please note that there was another fellow flying spektrum dsm2 @ the same time.

Mathew F., CA:
I have tested your transmitter module and it works flawlessly with the micros I fly. Haven't really tested it long range with these little planes, but it's perfect for what I needed.

Please PM me if you are interested.

I also still have some JR type modules for sale for the same price with the same capabilities. Please see the following thread for more info: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1669239

The fine print:

Added 8/16: The Aurora 9 needs to be in PPM-N or PPM-P mode.

The antenna is not able to pivot side to side but it does move up and down on the 90 degree elbow. Please do not attempt to force the antenna to move side to side.
bhouin is offline Find More Posts by bhouin
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:45 PM
wan man
Joined Feb 2013
0 Posts
Module for aurora 9

hallo hammer22,
I'm very interested to buy your module 2.4 spektrum compatible for my aurora 9.
Questions? it is full compatible with all spektrum recivers or same are not?
If I buy a heli: blade nano cpx BNF, can i bind it and fly or not?
If I add two satelit to my Align 3gx, can I use the align 3gx like reciver?
Why it cost so much, spektrum sell the original module, more a reciver for 110 US$.
Thanks for answers.
wan man
w.mantovan@yahoo.com
wan man is offline Find More Posts by wan man