SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:18 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian1 View Post
Thank you... So I should be able to push it out... tried again with all my weight, that damn thing sits really tight. There is nothing securing it apart from friction? Removing the blade holders was a piece of cake, that other pin just lays in there and is secured by the blade holders themselves...
Try to hit it on one side with something (the other pin) that fits in the place of where the pin is and wiggle it while you try to push or pull it out, should work keep on trying.
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
HA... got it out, finally with brute force of a hammer and a hardened small screwdriver. Thanks for the reassuring words, I've got to go out for a test flight now. I am going to reinforce the loops with some UV-hardening liquid plastic ("Bondic" here in Germany) afterwards.
Adrian1 is offline Find More Posts by Adrian1
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,630 Posts
Bthirsk I got the programming card finally over here... could you kindly tell me what are the best settings for the turnigy esc for my F45. For now I put brake off. cut off type on soft cut. cut off voltage on high. start mode very soft, timing mode on high and governor mode off. tell me if I need to change anything please. Thanks mate so maybe I start flying this guy again

OK with the above settings heli wouldn t lift from the floor with 90% throttle so I re attached programming card to ESC and set it to default settings. Rebinded heli to tx and worked like a charm it even remembered the new throttle range settings and started spinning at 8-9% Throttle the main BLmotor . Now I am still waiting for a nice video clip from someone who recently made the BL conversion on the tail motor and had success with it so far!! If I remember correctly there were 2 new members who were in the process of doing this conversion Hinnerk and maybe Rexless??
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Last edited by markkona; Oct 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:42 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Bthirsk I got the programming card finally over here... could you kindly tell me what are the best settings for the turnigy esc for my F45. For now I put brake off. cut off type on soft cut. cut off voltage on high. start mode very soft, timing mode on high and governor mode off. tell me if I need to change anything please. Thanks mate so maybe I start flying this guy again

OK with the above settings heli wouldn t lift from the floor with 90% throttle so I re attached programming card to ESC and set it to default settings. Rebinded heli to tx and worked like a charm it even remembered the new throttle range settings and started spinning at 8-9% Throttle the main BLmotor . Now I am still waiting for a nice video clip from someone who recently made the BL conversion on the tail motor and had success with it so far!! If I remember correctly there were 2 new members who were in the process of doing this conversion Hinnerk and maybe Rexless??
I would set the:
Cut off voltage: Low High often confuses 2s batteries and it goes into soft cutoff
Start mode: soft On a bigger heli, Very soft but this one does not need it.
Timing: low High is only used for very high end motors which we don't have
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !
Just one dumb question :
Did you check if one of the 2 loops on the rotor head is not broken ? (these are the loops where the links to the blades go through)
I broke mine several times and the symptoms where the same, heli difficult to control in one or two directions.

Roland
Nop... everything seems fine... i think it's pilot error... i'm going to give it a little more mechanical trim to the right and reverse... maybe it will help.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:49 PM
United States, TX, Crowley
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Sure would be nice to fly one of these! I ordered one almost three weeks ago from Firecabbage on AliEpress and the tracking number still shows no activity at all. The seller seems to ignore all of my messages and e-mails and has provided zero communication. Anybody have a more direct method of contacting them besides the AliExpress route?

Justin B.
justinbowser is offline Find More Posts by justinbowser
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbowser View Post
Sure would be nice to fly one of these! I ordered one almost three weeks ago from Firecabbage on AliEpress and the tracking number still shows no activity at all. The seller seems to ignore all of my messages and e-mails and has provided zero communication. Anybody have a more direct method of contacting them besides the AliExpress route?

Justin B.
China recently had a week long holiday, and this would have caused a complete stop to any work being done. EG Shipping etc. It is possible they posted your parcel just before the holiday, and it then sat at China post office during the holiday.

The holiday is now over so you should either hear something from Firecabbage soon, or your parcel should be on its way.

Just curious, what postage option did you choose? EMS? China Post?
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
I know about the holiday (I order a lot of watch parts from China) and it was shipped regular China Post Airmail. I can understand the shipping time to be greater than EMS but the tracking number basically looking like it is invalid and no response from seller makes me wonder. They updated the order saying it had shipped on 9/27 and provided a tracking number. I'd never ordered anything from AliExpress before...

I guess I'll have to put this DH9116 back together and crash it some more!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbowser View Post
I know about the holiday (I order a lot of watch parts from China) and it was shipped regular China Post Airmail. I can understand the shipping time to be greater than EMS but the tracking number basically looking like it is invalid and no response from seller makes me wonder. They updated the order saying it had shipped on 9/27 and provided a tracking number. I'd never ordered anything from AliExpress before...

I guess I'll have to put this DH9116 back together and crash it some more!
The tracking number for China Post usually is only valid until it leaves China. In other words its only a local tracking number. Once it's on the Plane the tracking wont tell you any more.

If it says it's been received by the post office, then it is on its way.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
The tracking number doesn't even indicate it has been received for shipping, it's like the number is invalid.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:23 PM
tishomingo,oklahoma
Joined Aug 2003
71 Posts
anybody got a mjx f45 for sale?

hello.....the mjx f45 sure has a huge following......i am looking for one in good shape.......thanks......pault
pault is offline Find More Posts by pault
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi all.

I've a strange sensation...

weeks ago, I gave my helicopter to my nephew and yesterday I've bought another F45 for me but during the first flight I had a different feeling. The new bird takes off with about half throttle and i guess to remember that my old one took off, with much less throttle.

Can be possible? my memory is wrong?

Thank in advance
serpicus is offline Find More Posts by serpicus
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
hello.....the mjx f45 sure has a huge following......i am looking for one in good shape.......thanks......pault
Just as a heads up, with this heli being as good as it is, chances of someone selling it are fairly slim

Even someone moving onto bigger and better things will probably keep it as a fun flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpicus View Post
Hi all.

I've a strange sensation...

weeks ago, I gave my helicopter to my nephew and yesterday I've bought another F45 for me but during the first flight I had a different feeling. The new bird takes off with about half throttle and i guess to remember that my old one took off, with much less throttle.

Can be possible? my memory is wrong?

Thank in advance
Half throttle sounds about right... Do your flight times feel any shorter/longer?

If they are considerably shorter, there is a chance the battery is damaged.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:18 AM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Half throttle ???
I have set my throttle stick to 40 % and it flies up before i reach midpoint !!!
I'll say i get lift of when i reach 30-40 % up. My bird LOVES to climb
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:22 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Interesting point raised by Serpicus.
The last (of four, one alas RIP now) F45 was definitely not performing as well as the first 3. Maybe something has been changed to make it easier for those stepping up from Coax? - but it's not a battery thing, or anything immediately obvious. I'll try to check into the difference as soon as I catch up on work..
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member