SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
RC car crystals

Hi, Im new to the RC cars and trying to learn about crystals etc. What I have is a buggy that has a Jr 75mhz receiver and I have a futaba remote for it. They have 75.850 mhz AM channel 83 crystals and works good. I recently bought a spare Jr remote and cant get it to work with the buggy. It has a 75.790 mhz crystal in it. What do I need to do to get it working with my other receiver? Just change the crystals out to 75.790 AM? Do they have to be a certain brand crystal? Thanks in advance for your help!
Kevin D. is offline Find More Posts by Kevin D.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
To be honest, you're better off upgrading to 2.4ghz. A new set of crystals is about $10-$15, so you're not spending much more to get a better system.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g2-24ghz-radio.html

or

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

I've used both, and unless you want to use the same transmitter for multiple cars the cheaper one will work just great.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Thanks, I will check into that. I was hoping I could find a used set just for a spare but I will still look into it.
Kevin D. is offline Find More Posts by Kevin D.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
I went through hell trying to find used crystals for a friend, in the end it was cheaper and easier to just get one of those 2.4ghz systems, even though he had a working transmitter and receiver and just needed crystals.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:36 AM
Western Australia
Joined Nov 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
i went through hell trying to find used crystals for a friend, in the end it was cheaper and easier to just get one of those 2.4ghz systems, even though he had a working transmitter and receiver and just needed crystals.
+1 +1 +1 At Tx /Rx set is so cheap they are not worth minutes of your time. <$50 at worst.
OldNick is offline Find More Posts by OldNick
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:21 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
I might check out those 2.4ghz systems in Januray. Can you get waterproof receivers to use with those 2.4ghz systems?
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy