HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Question
Help with Shuang MA 9100

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so i'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, I just had a question about a RC helicopter.

Here is my story; I few months back a RC helicopter fell out of the sky into my back garden I tried to locate the owner but saw noone around so I ended up with a Shuang MA 9100 with no controller or charger. It has a sticker on it listing the frequency as 49.860mhz. When I turn it on the motor moves a little and all the lights turn on suggesting it still holds some charge. I considered buying replacement charger and controller but with shipping it was going to cost more than its worth.

Anyway I just got a new Skyline Protocol G-series RC helicopter for Christmas and it also works on the same 49.860mhz so I was hoping the 3.5 Channel controller would work with it. The Shuang MA does appear to pair with the controller in the way that the flashing red light becomes constant suggesting it pared, however the helicopter doesn't respond to any controls.

I'm not sure if this is because it's broken, too low on power or if each manufacturer requires a unique controller regardless of RC frequency? The other problem is that my Protocol charges by un-cliping the black and red cable from the helicopter and attaching it to the wall charger. The Shuang MA also has a red and black cable that will unclip and fit into the wall charger but it doesn't seem to be charging it, there is also a second red blue and black cable on the Shuang MA that wasn't connected to anything I suspect it may be used to charge?

So I guess my question is, should my Prorocol controller work with the Shuang MA and how can I charge it? If the answer is no then could anyone suggest a cheap solution; i.e less than the cost of buying the helicopter new ($80)

Cheers
Thank you in advance
evesy is offline Find More Posts by evesy
to remove ads between posts