HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Central Minnesota
Joined Jul 2008
100 Posts
Do you have any video of your Agri-Duck in action since your power plant changes? I have finished the fuse, wings and lg. I have painted all of the parts for assembly. I will need to do more painting before I assemble it though. I am using a 26cc Homlite gas engine for power. I am currently waiting for the flywheel and carb parts to arrive. If we are lucky enough to have a mild winter I may be able to fly this thing before spring.
lebus1 is offline Find More Posts by lebus1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
I do, I'll post it later today.
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:24 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,168 Posts
Anyone know where I can get ANY Duck plans? I might just have to wing it!
Hostage-46 is online now Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2006
812 Posts
That's a good question. I'm really disappointed with new owners of Mud Duck Aviation. You would think the easiest of all things to do would be to sell plans. At least they could be doing that until the rest of the operation is up and running, plus they would actually start making some money with it. I sure wish Greg wouldn't have sold the company, he was a great guy to deal with. Maybe the new crew will get their duck's in a row.
dpowellmeii is offline Find More Posts by dpowellmeii
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:40 PM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,168 Posts
Yep, going to knock out a few projects in the front of the line, but sooner later, I'll just build one based on what I've been able to glean.

Really just need some plans and that book, gotta have me a duck!!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
Newest video

Sorry for the delay but here is the latest Agri-Duck video. I finally got all the kinks worked out and she flies great!! I do need to fill up the hopper with more powder, i put one mason jar full in there and i only got half a pass worth. The hopper looks like it can take about 4 or 5 jars worth Enjoy...

Agri Duck WOLF (6 min 23 sec)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:44 AM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,467 Posts
Love the prop sound. Glad to see it flying so well now with the new power system. Been waiting for the video for days. It was worth the wait.
Ken Myers is offline Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,168 Posts
Bet that thing would be a great Aerotow tug....
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
Ken,
Thanks, its in no short part thanks to you:-)
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:18 PM
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Central Minnesota
Joined Jul 2008
100 Posts
Great flight and. Video. That gives me a lot to look forward to.
lebus1 is offline Find More Posts by lebus1
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Hey Gromitvt10 - really nice job!

I've just managed to get hold of a plan for the Mud Duck 110". I'm really excited about building this plane.

I am impressed with your power setup and love the sound. Thanks for posting the details, makes it so much easier to source stuff.

A couple of questions, though,

1) What is your maximum endurance so far? You mention 4 1/2 mins, and you could have done twice that, but have you improved on it at all?

2) In the penultimate video, you mention you still need full up elevator trim, then in the last one, you say all kinks ironed out - did you get rid of the nose-dive tendency at last? Ws it by moving the cg back further, or just permanently leaving the trim in?

3) Did you build her out of foamboard as per the plan, or fanfold foam? Any advice on the construction method?

Thanks for posting so much useful info!

Happy flying.

Roger.
fatcharlieuk is offline Find More Posts by fatcharlieuk
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcharlieuk View Post
Hey Gromitvt10 - really nice job!

I've just managed to get hold of a plan for the Mud Duck 110". I'm really excited about building this plane.

I am impressed with your power setup and love the sound. Thanks for posting the details, makes it so much easier to source stuff.

A couple of questions, though,

1) What is your maximum endurance so far? You mention 4 1/2 mins, and you could have done twice that, but have you improved on it at all?

2) In the penultimate video, you mention you still need full up elevator trim, then in the last one, you say all kinks ironed out - did you get rid of the nose-dive tendency at last? Ws it by moving the cg back further, or just permanently leaving the trim in?

3) Did you build her out of foamboard as per the plan, or fanfold foam? Any advice on the construction method?

Thanks for posting so much useful info!

Happy flying.

Roger.
Thanks.
1) Max flight so far is just over 9 min, still had plenty left. I fly at about 1/2 throttle the entire time.

2) I moved the CG back a few inches, also repositioned the elevator for more of a pitch up.

3) Foam board.

My advice is to beef up the landing gear mounts. Mine broke twice. Also, she needs a ton of right rudder on takeoff and anytime you increase power. I mixed my rudder and ailerons. Also mixed in some up elevator with alierons and right rudder with throttle. She will turn on a dime but is super slow, even at full throttle. For the build i used mostly hot melt glue and gorilla glue for the areas i felt would take a lot of stress.
making the hortiztal stabilizer removable is a huge help when transporting and storing. I guess i didn't actually realize how big it is until it was done, then i was like where the heck am i going to keep this thing The pilot was made from foam and acrylic paint i got from Michaels.
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Kyle
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:41 AM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info.

CG back a few _inches_? Wow - that's kinda radical - is there any chance you could measure how far?

I'm a full size pilot so I'm used to using rudder to counteract tourque. Mixing's not an option for me, using Spektrum 5Channel gear. Vey basic...

What, btw, is gorilla glue? I've heard it mentioned a few times before but have no idea what it is...

Lastly, how much did she come out at, flying weight?

many thanks,

Roger.
fatcharlieuk is offline Find More Posts by fatcharlieuk
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcharlieuk View Post
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info.

CG back a few _inches_? Wow - that's kinda radical - is there any chance you could measure how far?

I'm a full size pilot so I'm used to using rudder to counteract tourque. Mixing's not an option for me, using Spektrum 5Channel gear. Vey basic...

What, btw, is gorilla glue? I've heard it mentioned a few times before but have no idea what it is...

Lastly, how much did she come out at, flying weight?

many thanks,

Roger.
CG from the manual says 14.5 inches from the trailing edge. I moved mine to 13.5 inches, so 1 inch back.

Gorrila glue expands as it cures, and when fully cured is hard as a rock.. You dampen the area you are glueing with water the just spread it on lightly. Works great!!

AUW is just over 16 lbs.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:06 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,382 Posts
Kyle, belated honors to joining the "Clan of the Duck"
Nice job!!! They do draw attention.

I've got a pair of em. "Bad Muther Duck" and "D-40 War Duck"

The War Duck has a similar hopper system to yours. Mine though drops down into the chin intake and gets blown out the bottom. Gave the fuel guys a start when I first showed up with it. Fired up that Duckie and had exhaust blowing out from the cowling. Had em in stitches.

I even added retracts to it so I could clean it up in the air. Yeah right, it has about as much aerodynamics as a barn door, gear up or down.

Brad
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl