HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
TW747III Home made Cowl.

Hi All. I have a TW747III and really like it. All worked very well, but , as said, the instr Manual was of little help. So one day I was flying and landed it on it's nose... OOPS. Bent Mtr shaft, broke mtr mount and took out ESC and Receiver. Parts? Where to buy.. Finally found a mtr shaft, ESC and Receiver, but that leaves me without a Cowl..I made my own motor mount.. To this day I have not found any place to buy a Cowl. So I made one out of a one gallon milk jug. Cut the top off the jug the right length to fit over motor and mount on body. Cut the handle off of the jug and had a nice hole on the top to cool the motor. It's back in the air again.

Here is the question for all you TW747III owners.. Where are you getting your parts????
oleduffer is offline Find More Posts by oleduffer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:56 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rcflyn View Post
Flight reread your post got the plane to go forward switching the red connector, any body figured out how to get the light working on the cessna skylane 747 111, I looked at all connections which seam to be connected wright but still no lights
Just a guess but the LED controller may be defective. I've not had one apart but it figures it would be like a Christmas tree light string, you know thoughs little bulbs that make the lights blink.
All that the lights do is blink on and off. Mine work but it would only be useful for night flying, otherwise it's just a drain on the battery. But it does look kind of cool.
flightsimmer is offline Find More Posts by flightsimmer
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
I agree with your guess, seams to be no other reason just got to get another LED module, hopefully I can find one in the USA otherwise I will have to depend on Lanyu Hobby in China to send me one
new2rcflyn is offline Find More Posts by new2rcflyn
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, MI, Waterford
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
TW-747-III parts

Can anyone tell me where I can get parts for the TW-747-III ???
I've googled my brains out and can buy the plane everywhere but parts is another story...
blackden59 is offline Find More Posts by blackden59
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:24 AM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Just wondering: Has anyone bought the RTF version of this plane? If so, any particular thoughts,suggestions, or advice? I like the plane a lot, but I'm concerned about the quality.
Thanks. jim
Jim Hargett is offline Find More Posts by Jim Hargett
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hargett View Post
Just wondering: Has anyone bought the RTF version of this plane? If so, any particular thoughts,suggestions, or advice? I like the plane a lot, but I'm concerned about the quality.
Thanks. jim
Have you read the first post in this thread?
It pretty much explains everything about this RTF kit.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Flightsimmer: Could I ask, please, where you bought the floats? Are these the floats you would recommend, or would you now recommend another brand? jim
PS: Go I.U/Big Red., beat Purdue!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hargett View Post
Flightsimmer: Could I ask, please, where you bought the floats? Are these the floats you would recommend, or would you now recommend another brand? jim
PS: Go I.U/Big Red., beat Purdue!
Yes, I bought the floats here. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15148

Yes, I would recommend them for this plane. They worked fine for me but I did have to make a couple of mods to it as I described in the article.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
LED Connector

A really dumb question: the red and black connector cable that comes out of the bottom portion of the black LED "box" .... the end of this connector cable is encased in a white, plastic "box" that is open on one end (inside the box are four
holes, with two male plugs extending out from the two outside holes) ..... what/where do I connect this cable?? Help!! Thanks. jim
Old Mar 20, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Lanyu Cessna 182 Skylane

Please ignore that last (very dumb!) question!!! I got it. Geeez, Jim!!!
Old May 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Lanyu, Cessna 182 Skylane, TW-747-III Parts

Just curious: does anyone know where parts might be available for this plane? I've sent a few emails to the dealer in California who sold me the plane, but he has not replied. I need to replace the entire front landing gear assembly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 03, 2013, 06:24 PM
Joined Apr 2013
22 Posts
I bought this kit in the RTF version. It advertised as only having 4 servos but it came with 6. The other 2 were mounted for the flaps. The decal sheet got a little dinged up due to the way it was inserted in the box before shipment (but that will be fine). The radio and transmitter seem pretty straight forward, but I still have yet to build the kit yet. I'm boning up my skills with a Clouds Jet from HK first before I attempt to fly this beast. The funny thing about this order was, the PNP price was only 15 dollars less than the RTF version so I figured I'd go ahead and buy the RTF version.
irishbug is offline Find More Posts by irishbug
Old Jun 07, 2013, 02:27 PM
Joined Apr 2013
22 Posts
Hi pilots,

Does anyone know if I can use bigger wheels on this airplane? Our field is a grass field and Im not sure if the plane will be able to takeoff yet. I have not built the plane yet mind you, so I cant check that out for myself yet. Im just wondering if anyone else here has had issues taking off from grass and/or if they were able to change the wheels out for bigger ones.

Thanks
irishbug is offline Find More Posts by irishbug
Old Jun 18, 2013, 01:19 PM
FUENGIROLA (MALAGA) Spain
Joined Dec 2006
159 Posts
hello all!! I use this plane for FPV and it is great!! a beautiful scale plane!!
Big Cessna 182 FPV Lanyu (2 min 53 sec)
juerwotow is offline Find More Posts by juerwotow
Old Jul 05, 2013, 09:54 PM
United States, MI, Waterford
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Parts???

Anybody finding a place to order parts for this beast?
I've looked everywhere an still cant find anything other than the motor
blackden59 is offline Find More Posts by blackden59