HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:06 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Discussion
Supreme Court takes up Obama health care case

It's about time! Ruling may come by July.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...e-case-today/1
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:14 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Thank God for the party of NO!! Our great grandchildren will thank us for not saddling them with the siffling debt and expense this boondoggle would have cost. How can this guy even consider running for a second term?? America has lost it's collective mind.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
It's about time! Ruling may come by July.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...e-case-today/1
My prediction is they will decide it is constitutional for the federal government to force people to buy something.

It makes no sense, and clearly is not constitutional, but they will find that way.

You heard it here first.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:27 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
My prediction is they will decide it is constitutional for the federal government to force people to buy something.

It makes no sense, and clearly is not constitutional, but they will find that way.

You heard it here first.
I agree. The court is stacked and if this happens we are doomed.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:29 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Thank God for the party of NO!! Our great grandchildren will thank us for not saddling them with the siffling debt and expense this boondoggle would have cost. How can this guy even consider running for a second term?? America has lost it's collective mind.
I don't think we can stop Mr. Obama, and if the court sides with him I suspect he will win a second term. For most in America getting free stuff from the half that works is the most important thing.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
Southern MA. USA
Joined Jan 2003
623 Posts
Quote:
While we agree on almost everything (I prefer AR's to AK's) I have to say that America hasn't lost it's collective mind, and the proof is in the fact that the USSC is hearing the case and that by the way US Dis. and Appl. courts have ruled, it will be deemed unconstitutional for the government to force it's citizens to purchase a product that they don't want, leaving the government in a really bad place with national health care, without everyone paying into the system, it would surely mean another medicare type entitlement type drain on the federal budget and ultimately on the tax payer, and the straw that breaks the national bank.
So, BO's flagship will go down with the swirling blue water where it belongs.

And Jimmy Carter will lose the title of America's worst president in history, and BO can place it on his mantle right along side of his Noble Prize for foolishness.
Moe M. is offline Find More Posts by Moe M.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Hmmm - so if Obama stays in 2012 you get healthcare

But if Obama goes - you get Romney - who's for healthcare.............

Hmmm....................................
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:24 AM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
America has lost it's collective mind.
I fervently hope that in the next election, America does lose it's "collective" mind...and regains the mindset that increased prosperity based on effort, inventiveness, and drive.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Hmmm - so if Obama stays in 2012 you get healthcare

But if Obama goes - you get Romney - who's for healthcare.............

Hmmm....................................
Not if the SC rules it's unconstitutional. But like I said, don't hold your breath on that one.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Romney was for healthcare, now he runs from the topic or deflects that it's a state issue, blah blah blan. He and Kerry could be the flip flop brothers from Mass. I wonder if the Mitt was in North Vietnam or can windsurf??
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:52 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
I expect Kagan will recuse herself for this decision. After all her former position of defending this specific legislation legally presents the very definition of conflict of interest.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2000
8,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I expect Kagan will recuse herself for this decision. After all her former position of defending this specific legislation legally presents the very definition of conflict of interest.
She will not. You can bet on that just as you can bet on them finding the mandate to be constitutional.
Arbo is offline Find More Posts by Arbo
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Then we shall merely need work to make it specifically and unambiguously unconstitutional.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
At any other time I would, with confidence, say this will be found unconstitutional. However, we live in upside down world and I doubt Kagan will do anything but side with Mr. Obama.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Then we shall merely need work to make it specifically and unambiguously unconstitutional.
How do you fight the king and his court?