SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:48 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy my wife and I wish you and your wife a safe trip. BTW you should see all the walnuts I picked up today. Now I just need to deliver them.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Well,
I've decided to try and rebuild my PT 19 wing. It was busted up pretty bad last march. I've been looking for a kit or a wing. It's a Dynafilte Kit. I've had no luck. I have been able to get plans, but no templates for cutting parts. I spent all evening with a heat gun and hobby knife salvaging what spars I could, and more importantly, the blocks that were cut for the base dihedral. I need to rebuild five on the center spars. The main center spar I was able to save, as well as the wing tips. I have a brain, plans, the manual and all the other spars, so I'm thinking that I can do this. Will be fun trying anyway . Worse comes to worse, I'll bite the bullet and just buy this http://www.jackdevinemodels.com/pt-19_fairchild.htm
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
After all the work tonight Looky what I found in the RC group classifides
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22958313
Just hope the price is right.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:06 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Good luck Bill.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG.........you're going to "STOP" flying?
Oh... STOP it...I cant take it... HAHAHAHAH.... <falls on floor rolling>

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Just start at 25% of the mean aerodynamic chord.
I love it when you talk aerodynamics to me.... If only I could get my wife to read Wayne's accoustics book and whisper that too me, I would be set......

Bill... breathe man... good luck!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:16 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O Bill I hope you get a good price on that plane. If not I'm sure you can build a new wing for yours. Just alot of work.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Anyone heard of Harbinger Active Speakers?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:00 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,588 Posts
Looks good snowman

But recommend Ezstar 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
David22....(or anyone else that wants to chime in)......what do you think of this aircraft as a platform for my future FPV equipment? Thanks. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...og/FPV-EPP.jpg
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:26 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Billd you can build, just make a copy of the plans then cut out the templates to trace onto the wood if you need too, or an old fashion EZ tracer is also a great option if you can find one

Snowman I have Boscam TS 321 for an fpv rx ill get the rest of the equipment tomorrow for you. Have fun with the wife on your trip
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
[QUOTE=Waldopepperaxe;22959735]Billd you can build, just make a copy of the plans then cut out the templates to trace onto the wood if you need too, or an old fashion EZ tracer is also a great option if you can find one

The plans do not have any side views of the parts, only have the top view for laying out and putting together. I made an offer on the one in jersey, guy of course said it was too low. I countered, so we'll see.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Arrived safe and sound. This place is where all the geese and ducks are!!!! Thousands upon thousands.....should have brought my gun and waders!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:14 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Isn't that the way it always is snowy.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Use a cast net!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,073 Posts
Just took my 2 yr old out flying with me for an hour That kid is going to be a good stick someday. Just watch We had fun and I am still loving the 48 edge. Flew 4 packs at the turf farm.

The skills I practiced were hovering (always needs work), Elevator to inverted harrier, weeble-wobble from KE spin and back to KE spin. <--That is one fun way to use a downline Ends in an inverted flat spin that I like to try to get into an inverted harrier from. Sometimes going from a flat spin to harrier is difficult and I end up rolling out and flying away right side up.

Anyway, it is just a blast and the October conditions couldn't be better. Clear skies and a light breeze. Lots of sunshine and temps in the mid-80's. The only things missing were my sunglasses.

The job hunt is crazy... the economy still really stinks for finding a job. All of the firms that normally recruit are way down on the number of people they are hiring compared to normal. There are still jobs but they are hotly contested and so far I do not have any solid prospects after several interviews. I have an interview on Wednesday for a firm I would rather not work for but right now I can't be too picky. I am hoping for an interview with another firm that has an office in the community I live in right now. Boy it would be great to not have to move! We'll see what happens. I could use your prayers right now.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

The job hunt is crazy... the economy still really stinks for finding a job. All of the firms that normally recruit are way down on the number of people they are hiring compared to normal. There are still jobs but they are hotly contested and so far I do not have any solid prospects after several interviews. I have an interview on Wednesday for a firm I would rather not work for but right now I can't be too picky. I am hoping for an interview with another firm that has an office in the community I live in right now. Boy it would be great to not have to move! We'll see what happens. I could use your prayers right now.
Seems normally during election time hiring is up. I am guessing not everyone is "feeling it" for this election. Good luck man.