HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:10 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,194 Posts
One guy got a 25A stock ESC CF kit here in Spain .i think it was the so called Clouds Fly 2.0 and it burned out ..

I still think its better to go safe and go for a 30A or similar trusty ESC
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:13 PM
United States, TX
Joined May 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Ah, got it. The Bixler/Sky Surfer is HERE if anyone is interested. It is popular and moves fast.
AJ
Guess I need to reduce the price on this thing again.
04rdking is offline Find More Posts by 04rdking
Old Jul 11, 2011, 05:10 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
One guy got a 25A stock ESC CF kit here in Spain .i think it was the so called Clouds Fly 2.0 and it burned out ..

I still think its better to go safe and go for a 30A or similar trusty ESC
+1. I have a 30A ESC in both of mine. Although it took a year, my first CF finally burned out the ESC. The second ARF did not come with one.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
hi the new esc is called aoxan and it basicly is the exact copy of this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html but they re branded and painted it

it is infact so much alike they can be programed with the turnigy programing card

as i plan to use mine for fpv the first thing i did was swap that esc with 30A plush and used the stock 1 for somthing i wouldnt cry about if it droped from the sky

ps this is my second AXN now and the reason for this is bought 1 to learn with and now i can fly the first 1 is to damiged and is being held up by glue lol i thing my AXN is 60% uhu 10% tape and 30% EPO

but i love the fact so much can be done with it i removed 15 cm of each wing on the old 1 and sniped 2 cm of the aelivetor and what im left with is an insane bird.

little tip if u plan to use fpv and would like a bigger battry than 2.2 MAH

buy a nano teck 3000 MAH lipo then under the wing but a hole the length of ur battry and the hight ( clean cut) then slide ur battry in ther and close the gap with same peace u removed and tape in place. then add all fpv gear at the front or towards the front as much as possable.

i found out about the space when i stuck a snake cam in ther to have a look and was shocked about the space in ther

hope this helps
monit111 is offline Find More Posts by monit111
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:15 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
AJ,

This plane is a candidate for a Microdan, HXT900s and Hobbywing ESC.

Bill
I use/have used 200+ of the HXT900's in the past years and I consider myself knowledgeable about them. I know you still have a bunch of them in your stock. However, I have lately (as you know), been using THESE. I am new to MG servos in park flyers and so far, so good. I put them in 9 different planes now and I love them. I am hoping to twist a few arms in here to have folks try them and give me some feedback on their experience even if it is bad. Since we all know that the servos that come in the CF are pretty much junk (although, cliff seems to have extraordinarily good luck), I am hoping that a few folks will just order 4 of them (if they ever come in) and try them out. Again, my research and experience is minimum and certainly too little to recommend them to anyone (yet). I hope to gather in enough feedback to one day soon recommend them on the SkyS/Bix thread. That is where all of you guys come in. Let me know what you think. TIA to everyone.
AJ
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:24 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monit111 View Post
ps this is my second AXN now and the reason for this is bought 1 to learn with and now i can fly the first 1 is to damiged and is being held up by glue lol i thing my AXN is 60% uhu 10% tape and 30% EPO

little tip if u plan to use fpv and would like a bigger battry than 2.2 MAH

buy a nano teck 3000 MAH lipo then under the wing but a hole the length of ur battry and the hight ( clean cut) then slide ur battry in ther and close the gap with same peace u removed and tape in place. then add all fpv gear at the front or towards the front as much as possable.

hope this helps
You might even want to try a different plane that is "like" the CF. Several of us in this thread own one. It is really intended for FPV. I hope it is OK to post in here. Ah heck, I will anyhow. 2500GENE will never find out. The Bixler is a great FPV plane because that is what it was intended for. It has about twice the area of the CF in the fuselage. Take a look at it HERE AND HERE - cool pictures and video. Oh. HERE is the thread if I have your interest. Those guys over there will help you out with ANYTHING you might want to know. Enjoy...
AJ
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,235 Posts
Quote:
I use/have used 200+ of the HXT900's in the past years and I consider myself knowledgeable about them. I know you still have a bunch of them in your stock. However, I have lately (as you know), been using THESE.
I have had over 200 flights with the original servos, and just recently replaced the elevator servo. I used HXT900, seems ok. The original servo started to have a slight stutter at full deflection.

No experience with MG servos in the CF, but looking forward to your review. I have used this one in helis and one other plane. Comes highly recommended from heli threads, and good user feedback on HK forum. Has one ball bearing and top three gears are metal. It is in stock too.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:30 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Esc for axn

Hi anyone have a suggestion for ESC replacement in the AXN

Thanks ..............te
Tom Eutsler is online now Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:06 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post

Thanks ..............te
There are a lot of "right" answers to your question, IMO. Here is mine.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2164
AJ
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:13 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Esc for axn

Quote:
There are a lot of "right" answers to your question, IMO. Here is mine.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2164
AJ
Thanks I had looked at that one but did not see "brushless" , being a bit dumb on electronics
'ppreciate the advice...................te
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:17 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Esc

Now I see the mention of brushless in the description- I had been looking at some others, that did not have that caption , such as HK SS series

Much obliged AJ
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:22 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Now I see the mention of brushless in the description- I had been looking at some others, that did not have that caption , such as HK SS series

Much obliged AJ
Good for you for finding it. In the future, something that might help to identify an ESC quicker is - 3 wires = brushless, 2 wires = brushed. Obviously, I am referring the the side opposite the battery leads that are almost always red/black. I hope that helps.
AJ
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:16 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
helps

Quote:
Good for you for finding it. In the future, something that might help to identify an ESC quicker is - 3 wires = brushless, 2 wires = brushed. Obviously, I am referring the the side opposite the battery leads that are almost always red/black. I hope that helps.
AJ
sure does thanks I have some brushed esc from long ago, that I used on some Astro geared motors - did not bother to look at em ............te
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
870 Posts
Quote:

Thanks ..............te
I use the Power Up 32A ESC from HeadsUpRC.com. The additional heatsink is nice and you have some headroom for different motor/prop combinations. A 40A would also be a good choice if you plan on buying a higher KV motor or running 4S batteries in the future.
TwoHeadsBrewing is online now Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyhunter FPV Build
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:31 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
I use the Power Up 32A ESC from HeadsUpRC.com. The additional heatsink is nice and you have some headroom for different motor/prop combinations. A 40A would also be a good choice if you plan on buying a higher KV motor or running 4S batteries in the future.
Glad you mentioned 40A, that's what I'm using. It has mixed reviews for helis but works great for this plane. It has a switching BEC which assures plenty of servo power. I would get the programming card too, it is often on backorder. Only 5g heavier than the 30A Plush, which is also great, but on backorder
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot