United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
In a dive I had to keep stick for down the elevator at 2'' CG
It is better to move the CG at 1,5''?
Here some photos
Congratz on a nicely done paint job. Your question on the CG is that with the prop turning or off? When off does the prop fold? I am not a power flier but those would be two areas that would be most different from a pure glider version.

Have you checked the incidence of your elevator? As is, the kit has some built in up into it and this might be what's affecting the plane.

Lastly, all models are slightly different and there is no one CG that fits all. If it is indeed the CG which is causing it to pull up and not the prop or incidence then you need to actually shift the CG backwards and not forwards to get a strait dive. See attached.

Cheers!

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:32 AM
Manchester UK
Joined Jun 2004
412 Posts
Correct!!! If plane is pulling up under power the thrust angle of the motor needs adjusting, glide the plane motor off if the plane tends to want to climb noticebly budge the GG BACK SLIGHTLY until it glides straight and level.
Also as mentioned perform dive test this should tell you what you want to know.
catfish is offline Find More Posts by catfish
Old Jan 09, 2014, 02:04 PM
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Fuselage rod

I'm building a WR Fox (EPP) electric power. I want to add a CF stiffening rod the entire length of the fuselage. Trouble is, the battery compartment for the powered version interferes with the rod placement. I was thinking of using two smaller rods, cutting slits in the outsides of the fuselage, one on each side and gluing the rods in these. (Will require bending the rods slightly.) Any ideas on this or other ideas for strengthening the fuselage to make it crash resistant. Thanks siginden@msn.com
siginden is offline Find More Posts by siginden
Old Jan 10, 2014, 01:39 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
820 Posts
I would not use a tube , use a bar , like 2 mm x 5 mm( 1/8 x 1/4 or so) which will be easy to cut a slit for all the lengh of the fuselage. like these

http://www.rcfoam.com/carbon-fiber-s...-fiber-strips/
bushpilotx1 is online now Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Jan 10, 2014, 06:03 PM
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
CF for fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1 View Post
I would not use a tube , use a bar , like 2 mm x 5 mm( 1/8 x 1/4 or so) which will be easy to cut a slit for all the lengh of the fuselage. like these

http://www.rcfoam.com/carbon-fiber-s...-fiber-strips/
The link you gave was to RCFOAM.com. They showed CF rods, strips and tubes. The only bar they showed was an "H" shaped one with approx. 13MM X 7MM dimensions which of course is way too big. Could you give me a bit more guidance about the CF "BAR". Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2014, 09:16 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
820 Posts
HIthis is what I was referring to:http://www.rcfoam.com/carbon-fiber-s...89d36c42c19f1d
bushpilotx1 is online now Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:54 PM
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1 View Post
Thanks, will give it a try.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
I finish mine with some reinforcements for better speed
Motor Turnigy TR2217/16 1050Kv carbon folding prop 9x6 3s 2200MAm battery and 40Am turnigy push esc.
all surface controls are with balsa wood The new ruder is bigger and the aileron are 7cm longer than original.
I had laminate the wings with class cloth 80gr with 24hour epoxy and (axonic) carbon fiber tape(Width 5cm) in the LE
Total weight 1.103gr
In a dive I had to keep stick for down the elevator at 2'' CG
It is better to move the CG at 1,5''?
Here some photos
Gatos the trick is in the stick!
EFPLC is offline Find More Posts by EFPLC