HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2004, 02:51 PM
msm
Joined May 2004
133 Posts
Will the Mini Gee Bee Knife edge?

Hi everybody, i had always ask to myself if the gee bee will knife edge, will it do it?Also which one would you buy if you have to choose between shockflyer or the gee bee?

Marcelo
msm is offline Find More Posts by msm
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2004, 08:44 PM
Tn
Joined Aug 2003
230 Posts
The GBee will ke if you put a rudder on it. Personally I would go with the shockflyer just because thats what I like, But the Gee Bee is a great plane also.
Ben McCoy is online now Find More Posts by Ben McCoy
Old May 08, 2004, 09:09 PM
Joined Apr 2004
77 Posts
I have a Gee Bee and I have not gotton it to KE but I have not really tried. I would be interested if it can....going to have to try that tonight. The geebee is awsome though I had not had a hoerable plane before and I have learned so much and put it through so much abuse and it still flys great.
BillC is offline Find More Posts by BillC
Old May 08, 2004, 11:15 PM
msm
Joined May 2004
133 Posts
Hi, thanks a lot for the replies i also prefere the shocky, i dont have one , but i just order it today from www.ohiomodelplanes.com, i hope they have a goog service. The Gee Bee looks awsome also, that will be my second electric or a bipe. looking for reviews if you were able to ke the gee bee!!!

Marcelo
Old May 09, 2004, 12:21 PM
burr ridge illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
Are we speaking of Mike Glass' "pizzabox" Geebee?

If so, in my experience, these designs will not KE just with the addition of rudder control, because of violent and non-proportional roll coupling.

Wing-and-stab designs follow very predictable rules when "tuning" a design to not pitch or roll couple, but I wasn't able to find workable "rules" for pizza boxes. In fact, this was the main reason that for me, these designs were a phase that didn't stick. I loved the planes in every other way, so if y'all have figured out what principles we can apply to "tune" these designs to KE "pure", let us know!

Eric
echassin is offline Find More Posts by echassin
Old May 09, 2004, 01:46 PM
msm
Joined May 2004
133 Posts
good inf echassin, it will be cool to see a video of the mini gee bee KE if someon has done it let us know!!!
Old May 09, 2004, 10:38 PM
Joined Apr 2004
77 Posts
As promissed I tried a little KE this evening with very little success. I even have roll coupleing progamed out using my radio which allows me to do preety flat "control line" turns with about a six foot diameter. Also I can do perfect Hammer head stalls but once I try and roll over and KE it just snaps out. Does this have something to do with the wing needing an angle of attack to fly and enter the move. Well anyway it's still does so many other moves you hardly notice.
BillC is offline Find More Posts by BillC
Old May 09, 2004, 11:03 PM
msm
Joined May 2004
133 Posts
Hi, what about modyfing the wing, putting some wing tips or something, maibe. Will i be able to fly the mini gee bee with the setup i have in my shocky:
nippy 0808
prop 10.4.7
2s kokam 340 mah

Marcelo
Old May 10, 2004, 03:03 PM
burr ridge illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,450 Posts
Bill's experience is the same as mine.

BTW, I had a glow delta called the Outlaw, which had a rudder and had the same violent and unpredicable roll coupling in KE, so it's not just the pizzabox type planes that have trouble.

Logically, one could start with a plane that has the same fuse shape and wing shape, knowing that would almost HAVE to work, although tough to land with the huge "subfin". Slowly nibble at the fuse to make it look less like the wing, more like a fuse, see when it just starts to go bad, and try to correct it before nibbling more.

Thought of it, never bothered, just went Shocky...

The Shocky setup should work great on a MiniGeebee
echassin is offline Find More Posts by echassin
Old May 10, 2004, 05:46 PM
msm
Joined May 2004
133 Posts
Thanks a lot echassin!!!!!