http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...610525184.html
ltc is offline Find More Posts by ltc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2014, 03:16 PM
Team Futaba
United States, MD, Nottingham
Joined Mar 2007
35 Posts
Yeah that Wind S Pro decal is extremely odd...not sure why anyone would put that decal on any other airframe other than a true SebArt Wind S Pro....
Neilbo4 is offline Find More Posts by Neilbo4
Old Jan 09, 2014, 05:10 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
1,982 Posts
Sent a message to MotionRC (USA FMS dealer).
They have no information on this plane.
It has FMS decals, but I suppose that doesn't mean it's actually FMS.

Looks like an interesting plane.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:31 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
1,982 Posts
It is called the Olympus
It will be sold by DiamondHobby (already on their FB page)
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2050044

Odd that MotionRC said they knew nothing about it, I thought they were a fairly large FMS dealer
Old Mar 31, 2014, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2007
6,014 Posts
We just finished assembling one of these FMA Olympus
looks good and yet a couple of things I really didn't like

The mfg really trapped the servo leads going aft, also used very long leads on servo - IF you attempt to replace servos be prepared for a-little work unless you are able to feed a piece of heavy string back thru to the servo mounting points - I didn't do that --- and had to do some innovative drilling with long piece of brass tubing
the servo ends are a lousy fit to std JR connectors - I swapped out all extensions
I alsoswapped out all servos and used Spektrum (Savox mfgd) HV servos
much more torque. they fit perfectly but you have to do your own servo arm connectors as the ones in the kit are CAed in and break if you try to undo the nut
other than the servos --the kit is very well thought out
I also mounted the rx aft the canopy and added a tray forward for the power battery
The batts we use are 2900 and 3200 ma 6 cell-. Also the new servos are fed by a A123 2 cell 1100ma pack.
NO BEC thank you ! I have given up on BEC setups for other than profile foamies .
The mfg did up the ESC/BEC to a 70 amp ESC/5 Amp BEC looks very nicely made but -----
We compared it to our Splendor -
It weighs 3 ounces less -
it is much longer in the aft fuselage and has a much large horizontal stab and smaller elevators
Tho the wingspan is slightly more, the chord is less, so wing area is less

This model will likely like to keep moving and that's fine - we are using these models for the intermediate FAI patterns - The Splendor will do any FAI maneuvers and I suspect this model will do em as well perhaps better tracking - we will see.
I am going to compare Watts on different props - against the Splendor setup -
I don't care for 5 cell setups as compared to 6 cell - too many amps needed for same wattage .
my choice .
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson