HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
Discussion
European Championship Bike 1/5

Hi all,

Attached find the very first information about the european championship bike 1/5.

When: estern 2014
Where: Lostallo
Organisation: OEC
Racing Categories: Super Bike, Super Nitro, Super Stock
Rules: OEC

Details: TBA
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Jul 11, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 02:14 AM
Joined Apr 2007
463 Posts
Lostallo!!!!!.... I'm there!!!
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:42 PM
Sweden
Joined May 2006
578 Posts
Great, so now you proposing for both ec and wc at the same year... You just don't like Sweden? Do you Clark?
Ain't it better to have ec and wc every second year??? This is just stupidity!!!
Sincerely
Marcus
marell01 is offline Find More Posts by marell01
Old Jul 13, 2013, 02:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
Hello marcus,

There is and will be a world championship every year. I have no influence on that at all.

The OEC is completly seperated from the world championship organisation and is doing the european championship only.

This european championship is not to disturb the worlds at all. It is an attempt to support our sport and offer a additional big race.

Furthermore the date of the race is very much in the beginning of the year and does not cause the smallest conflict.

I will race both the euros and the worlds and i am keen to race on your track.
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Jul 13, 2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:56 AM
Sweden
Joined May 2006
578 Posts
Hi Clark
That explains a lot and will, if done right really be good for all participants. My concern was about having two big events every year and that one of them will be prioritised due to location etc... Like had happened in other classes.
Sincerely
Marcus
marell01 is offline Find More Posts by marell01
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hello marcus,

fine that i was able to fanish your concerns.

in the past three years we have organised the bigscaler open event in lostallo which took place also during the ester weekends allways.

for two times now we also invited bikers for this event and in 2012 quite alot showed up while the car drivers somehow lost a bit interest.

with the event held in the beginning of the season at one of the most attractive tracks in europe we hope to promote bike 1/5 scale and with rising interest also help to creat better entry numbers for the world championship.

other races like onroad alpencup in rosenheim or the international german championship bike in leipzig are also promoting our class of racing and do not disturb the world championship.

just a conflict with the date of the race must not happen. this then really would force drivers to make a choice and i feel that we absolutly not cause any problem with our shedule.

by the way, plesase send me information about possibilties to be a sponsor for the worlds in sweden.

lightscale/jabber/roadies would like to offer a fair amount to help you organising a perfect event.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,248 Posts
what/who is OEC?!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
@steliosh,

OEC is a group of bike enthusiast with long term experience, promoters, and financiers.

Those came togeter, shared ideas, evaluated possibilities and descided to do IT.

As said in te opening post, i will bring ip details later.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 03:45 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,248 Posts
Thanks, Clark! I will wait with great anticipation! It all sounds very interesting!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Aug 02, 2013, 03:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Hello Clark

If you want to make a european championship on the field in Lostallo in 2014, do you think that there will be some from south europe (besides you) to Sweden?
Today we call it the world championship. but it is "only" a european championship. (I know there have been some from the U.S. and Australia))
So why do we have two of the same race in a year?
If you want a european championship so keep that in 2015 and let's forget the world championship in 2015

If you want to destroy for Sweden, continue with your idea.

kim
kim DK is online now Find More Posts by kim DK
Old Aug 02, 2013, 04:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hello kim,

as said before, the european championship is a single event such as there are many others in different countries. its attempt is to promote our sport and give anyone who is interessted a chance to compete early in the year.

there is no conflict with the world championship in sweden at all, so i do not understand your concerns.

sonn i will publish the oec rules for the european championship.
Old Aug 02, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Jul 2013
5 Posts
Hi everyone, where i can get information about class and regulation for that race?
Thank's
sunny ts is offline Find More Posts by sunny ts
Old Aug 02, 2013, 05:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Hello Clark

We have to admit that most of the talented drivers coming from the south of Europe, where they have the opportunity to run against hianden by a run of Lostallo pitch. I do not think the later in the year gone to Sweden. With it's your race and I hope you're right, but do not believe it.

kim
kim DK is online now Find More Posts by kim DK
Old Aug 02, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hello kim,

i have received information from italian drivers that they are not going to attend the european championship in lostallo as the date is not fine for them. they will then go to sweden shure.

really your concerns are without reason. what about the international german championship in leipzig ? does that harm the worlds as well ? it is pretty close to the date of the sweden event.

@sunny ts,

i will publish the rules later today.
Old Aug 02, 2013, 08:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
329 Posts
hi all,

attached find the pdf with the oex rules for next years european championship held in lostallo.

we are running 3 categories, super bike, super nitro and super stock.

as the track does not allowe engine noise on the ester sunday the finals of the super nitro class will be done on saturday.
this gives drivers a perfect oportunity to do a double start in nitro and electric bike without beeing stressed too much.

the qualification mode is easy and should work fine especially for pure hobby drivers as they are not forced to to a perfect run over 10 minutes.

the rules are not fixed in stone yet. we are oprn to tweak them here and there if constructive critics help us to make it better.

i hope you like the idea.

i would like to thanks aaron for the effort he put inot the creation of this rules. it was a job of many many hours and it is well apreciated.