HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,581 Posts
Discussion
Vector unit height

Ok...so, how high is "just right" for a vector unit above the sail?

If it is to high, then the vertical CG would be to high, and cause all sorts of issues. If it is to low, then it won't have "clean air," right?
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Oct 2011
29 Posts
Vector unit height

I'm also trying to experiment raising the height of the motor in order to raise the propeller above the sail on my new box kite.

I understand from other threads that it can be done.
But how far it can go will have a limit, I guessed.

Any RC kite experts would like to shine some light on this and enlighten us?

Thousand thank you.

Lanternfly
lanternfly is offline Find More Posts by lanternfly
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:29 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,581 Posts
Lantern,

I found the answer for myself with a little experimenting, and observation of the pictures here in the forum.

I have a delta box kite I am using, and for me, it seems that the diameter of the prop the surface of the kite is the trick. I am using an 8x4.3 prop on mine, and having the bottom of the prop 8 inches off the kite worked quite well.

I can tell you that 12 inches above the kite resulted in an uncontrollable beast, with it wanting to nose down regardless of where the CG was, and how much up elevator I pulled.

I am tempted to see what it does at 10 inches, but right now, I wanna fly it a bit and get used to the feel, so I can have a good baseline to judge against.

Tim
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS