Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
JJL
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo Oeste
Joined Jun 2013
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi JJL

Looks like we might be getting to a solution.
Pinched some dimensions from my favourite Align website, and came up with this.
Pro mainshaft overall length 118mm
Sport mainshaft 116mm.
It seems the v2 and the Pro share the same shaft, but bearing in mind your model is HK, it's probably cloned from the earlier, Sport , model.
Fixed links
Pro Long 24mm, Short 19mm
Sport Long 23mm, Short 18.5mm.
I assume these dimensions are ball centre to ball centre so may be a little difficult to check, but seems to me that a combination of 116mm shaft and longer links will produce the problem you have.
Need to get the calipers out to check.
Given it's a HK model, parts supplied could be anything. I am wrestling with a 550GT flybarred which came with FBL rods, go figure.
I think I have most of these bits in my spares box, so if you need anything measured directly, let me know.
Assuming this is the problem, when sorted you will have to adjust the servo - swash links quite a way. Make sure you have enough thread in the ends for a secure fit.

Hope this helps

BL
Thank you for the information Border Lord,

The main shaft that came with the heli has the Sport sized shaft, 116mm, but they also included the longer fixed links that come with the pro...thus the links that came for the lower arms mixing arm (the long ones) are 24 mm ..same as the the Trex Sport v1....also the shorter arms are 19mm in length.

To sum it all up, the heli came with mixed parts from the sport and from the pro; it's using the sport main shaft and the pro fixed links.

Right now I'm going to start working on the heli again, I will try using the Pro Main shaft and leave the fixed links as they are and see if that solves the problem, If not then I will use the main shaft that came with the heli and replace all the fixed links with the sport fixed links..lol..man something has to work..lol.

Will let you know how it works out.

Regards,

JJL-
JJL is offline Find More Posts by JJL
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM
JJL
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo Oeste
Joined Jun 2013
28 Posts
Border Lord, pmackenzie and Mike..thank you for taking the time to help...Finally got the heli set up and it came out really good.

When I installed the Trex Pro main shaft I was able to solve the problem with the mixing arms, now everything is by the book. I have 0 pitch at mid stick (actually it's 00.3) on both blades, really close pitch range for both positive and negative travel end points (off by 00.2) and the best part is that both blades are giving me almost identical values.

The main problem was that the heli came with a 116 mm main shaft but the fixed links that came with the kit where for the Pro kit thus they would not let the lower mixing arms align correctly. I replaced the main shaft with a Trex Pro shaft and everything aligned as it should, the rest of the setup was easy after that.

Regards,

JJL-
JJL is offline Find More Posts by JJL
Old Today, 01:10 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,992 Posts
Hey guys. I just wanted to remind you to check your main gear bolt and washers. I was just changing the head on my heli and found that the screw was stripped. I put in a new screw and it felt like it was also stripped. I new this was not right since I use better screws and sure enough, the washer was also stripped. I just changed that and the screw snugs down now. I just added a bit of thread lock again. I was trying to fly like this yesterday since nothing was lose but my belt got lose since I forgot to add thread lock there too. I just found it by accident since I decided to change the head. I just wanted to remind you to check those a bit more closely if you had a crash or two. I had crashed a few times before and it just never dawn on me to change that as it always felt snug. There's nothing like a right fit.
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printers