HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:58 PM
Gliders 3D Gaui X5 and 450Pro
USA, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Apr 2010
323 Posts
Discussion
How to set up a 7-channel glider on a DX7?

I am looking for thoughts on how to setup a 7-channel glider on a Spektrum DX7. In the manual you can turn on flapperons and have a decent 4 channel setup. It also looks like I could map flaps to one of the aux switches.

What I was hoping is this:
Use the 3 way switch on the upper left to have 3 modes that control flaps.
0: just a touch of reflex (fast)
1: normal thermalling
2: Landing (full flaps down).

A 4th mode would be really nice, a launch mode with the trailing edge dropped a little but I'm not seeing a way to do that currently.

If I get the flaps controlled by switches perhaps I could use the throttle in the regular mode 1 position for the engine?

Has anyone been able to do this?
Thanks.
SoarWest is offline Find More Posts by SoarWest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2010, 03:01 PM
Poole, England
Joined Jun 2008
56 Posts
A friend of mine has struggled with the same thing, and has found this thread of great use

http://rcudev.rcuniverse.com/forum/m.../tm.htm#870401
frogbmth is offline Find More Posts by frogbmth
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:35 PM
USA, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Apr 2010
323 Posts
Wow, great find, that appears to be exactly what I was looking for.

Update: after testing this out, it works perfectly for my case and resolves all issues... NICE.
Thank-you very much for the great link!!
Last edited by SoarWest; Jul 03, 2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:37 PM
USA, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Apr 2010
323 Posts
Update: I have all of these instructions working now but still need to have a throttle hold on the upper right switch as I'm used to with Helis. I need a "panic" button that shuts down the throttle so to speak. Any ideas for how to implement this?

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:41 PM
Screamin' fast!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
142 Posts
Can you make those instructions available again? The link is bad. I have been spent weeks trying to program my 7 channel glider and all anyone else has to offer defeats my variable throttle on the throttle stick.

Thanks -Joel
CrazyJB is offline Find More Posts by CrazyJB