to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2015, 01:43 AM
Find More Posts by ripacheco
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Futaba 18SZ: a vague pic of it leaked on internet. It shows a 14SG like transmitter with a large screen (color touch screen according to some info). Catalogue price would be above 1100$. Far to be a revolution ! It is interresting to see the difficulties of the main brands to renew their products over the past years (Graupner, Hitec, JR, Futaba, MPX), be creative, propose something better. This is clearly an open door for inovative companies like Jeti, Weatronic, FrSky !
This post was copy-pasted from this Facebook Page
ripacheco is offline Find More Posts by ripacheco
Last edited by ripacheco; May 07, 2015 at 01:59 AM.
Old May 07, 2015, 01:57 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
Some friends at another board think it may be real

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...d.php?t=181883
Old May 07, 2015, 02:16 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
More about this mysterious Radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee View Post
Hi,

According to this source http://www.futaba-forum.net/showthre...taba-T16/page5
the new Futaba radio will be named T18SZ.
It was written in above forum Feb 5, the day before Robbe declared bancruptcy so keep that in mind and as far as I know the percentage of radios Futaba make for Robbe is rather high so maybe Robbe bancruptcy will have some sort of effect on Futaba radio production.

"Ja es gibt einen neunen Sender T18SZ heißt er jetzt entgültig.
Hab den Prototypen schon in der Hand gehabt.
Schönes farbiges Touchdisplay größer als beim IPone5.
Ich finde das warten hat sich gelohnt jetzt ist das Display noch größer und Farbenprächtiger geworden als zuerst geplant.
Weitere Details darf ich zurzeit noch nicht berichten muß Futaba erst freigeben.
Futaba wollte Ihn in Nürnberg noch nicht herzeigen wird erst auf den FUTABA-Messen im Mai soweit sein.
So wie viele andere Neuheiten, werde aber bald die wichtigsten Teile zusammenschreiben.
Im robbe-Hauptkatalog (Auf der robbe HP schon) sind die Neuheiten leider nicht enthalten wobei etliche kurz vor der Auslieferung stehen.
LG
RUDI"

Translated by me:
Yes, there is a new transmitter T18SZ finally.
I had the prototype in my hand.
Beautiful color touch screen larger than in IPone5.
I think the wait was worth it now that the screen is bigger and have more colors then initially planned.
Additional details I may not currently report only Futaba can release that.
Futaba did not want to show it at Nuremberg [Toy fair 2015 January 2015] and it will be shown at Futaba show in May. [where?]
Like other news it should soon be more detalis about the most important features.
In Robbe main catalog (on the robbe homepage already) the innovations are not included with things just to be released.
LG
RUDI

"Softwareniveau FX32 also obere Klasse.
Joop Preis um die 1000,00 EUR
Ist leichter als die T18MZ, Größe T14SG.
Ich denke mit dem beschreiben der richtigen Fakten warten wir noch ein paar Tage (Freigabe von robbe bzw. FUFABA) dann mache ich einen neuen Beitrag mit der richtigen Senderbezeichnung auf.
LG
RUDI"

Translated by me:
Software level like FX32 so it will be upper class.
Pricelevel about 1000 Euro [=US $1140]
It is lighter than the T18MZ, size like T14SG.
I think the right facts should be described in a few days (released by Robbe or Futaba) then I make a new post with the correct sender name on.

Anyone now what show/fair and where it is in May that maybe Futaba will show the new radio?

/Bo
Old May 07, 2015, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by reverse
Joined Jan 2015
457 Posts
this forum has a searching tool...
reverse is offline Find More Posts by reverse
Old May 07, 2015, 02:53 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
this forum has a searching tool...
yes and very little is said of that radio except random rumors... that picture from Facebook is the first i've seen directly mentioning the radio... came from japan so its possible was meant to be released in their upcoming show. hence "real".
one will hope.
Old May 07, 2015, 08:39 AM
Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,225 Posts
I think it is a good idea to have this thread separate from others. This way info on this radio is not buried in another thread.

The Shinozuka Hobby show is next week and Futaba said on their Japanese language page that they will be there. So fingers crossed!!!
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old May 07, 2015, 08:42 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
I think it is a good idea to have this thread separate from others. This way info on this radio is not buried in another thread.

The Shinozuka Hobby show is next week and Futaba said on their Japanese language page that they will be there. So fingers crossed!!!
I be someone not happy that flyer was leaked... gosh this Futaba guys are worse than Apple with their secrecy!

A spanish bulletin board mentioned that the Radio will be available next week. Most likely they mean that it will be announced. Someone further added that should be available for the Christmas...
Old May 07, 2015, 09:07 AM
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
I be someone not happy that flyer was leaked... gosh this Futaba guys are worse than Apple with their secrecy!

A spanish bulletin board mentioned that the Radio will be available next week. Most likely they mean that it will be announced. Someone further added that should be available for the Christmas...
Futaba plays it close to the vest. Some of their distributors, like Hobbico, honor their agreements with Futaba and only release information when authorized to by Futaba. Others seem to not listen to what Futaba tells them.

Either way, the show next week would be a reasonable place to see the radio announced. This is where the 18MZ, 14SG and others made their debut.
Old May 07, 2015, 09:15 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R View Post
Futaba plays it close to the vest. Some of their distributors, like Hobbico, honor their agreements with Futaba and only release information when authorized to by Futaba. Others seem to not listen to what Futaba tells them.

Either way, the show next week would be a reasonable place to see the radio announced. This is where the 18MZ, 14SG and others made their debut.
Once we get the spec sheet we can make a good judgment of what their road-map is... and hence help on purchase decisions... I'm very happy with the 14SG but I can always look at something else
Old May 07, 2015, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2015
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
that picture from Facebook is the first i've seen directly mentioning the radio...
before starting new threads with no additional info do a search.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390489
Old May 07, 2015, 09:50 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
True to its word Futaba simple declines to comment:

Facebook Post

Quote:
Futaba We don't have any information at all about what transmitters may be coming out in the future. Futaba has released no information at all.
Old May 07, 2015, 10:04 AM
rip
Joined Jan 2013
2,795 Posts
May 16 -- The Shizuoka Hobby Show 2015
https://www.facebook.com/events/1403132233321821/
Old May 07, 2015, 10:06 AM
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post
before starting new threads with no additional info do a search.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2390489
Why would he post info about a Futaba radio in a FrSky thread?? This thread is a good one. Why is it you seem to troll the radio forums with nothing more than unrelated comments that serve no purpose or add anything to the thread itself??
Old May 07, 2015, 12:43 PM
Joined Jan 2015
457 Posts
close your mouth since you have no clue of what I have wrote above. simply limit yourself to help other futaba users.

the only thing I can add to this thread is that the 18SZ will support all protocols S-FHSS + T-FHSS + FASST + FASSTest