HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
There's more than one reason TowerHobbies is much more expensive than HK. In my experience with TH, if you call them saying you received something damaged, they usually just take your word for it and immediately send you a new one and don't even ask you to send the damaged one back. That level of customer service costs money. Anyone in the U.S. dealing with HK has to decide if the money they save is worth it, realizing it's possible you'll have little or no recourse if things go wrong. For me, if 2 out of 3 orders are delivered successfully, I'm so far ahead with HK, that I don't spend a lot of time worrying about the third one (and I think the success ratio is actually much higher than that).
I have to disagree. HK sets their own prices. They offer a warranty and I see no disclaimer stating that their products are sold As Is and may not be delivered. The customer should receive what they paid for as described in working order in a reasonable amount of time. Offering low prices does not exempt them from delivering the product as described. If HK can't afford to back up what they sell then they should either shut down or let the customers know Up Front that everything they sell is Sold As Is No Warranty. Then nobody could complain about their CS.
HK also accepts Paypal so they are agreeing to Paypals term and conditions. If you use Paypal and a CC you Do have recourse if things go wrong. The decision is not whether the money we save is worth it, you have to decide if you want to receive what you paid for or do you not mind losing your money. Apparently some people don't mind losing money on a purchase but I expect to receive what I paid for and I believe most others would agree. There have been problems with orders I've placed to HK and their solution would have cost me additional money but once I opened a Paypal dispute it was resolved quickly and I have never lost a penny. I thank Paypal for providing buyer protection and CS.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Nov 08, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:26 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti 256 View Post
I have to disagree. HK sets their own prices. They offer a warranty and I see no disclaimer stating that their products are sold As Is and may not be delivered. The customer should receive what they paid for as described in working order in a reasonable amount of time. Offering low prices does not exempt them from delivering the product as described. If HK can't afford to back up what they sell then they should either shut down or let the customers know Up Front that everything they sell is Sold As Is No Warranty. Then nobody could complain about their CS.
HK also accepts Paypal so they are agreeing to Paypal's term and conditions. If you use Paypal and a CC you Do have recourse if things go wrong. The decision is not weather the money we save is worth it, you have to decide if you want to receive what you paid for or do you not mind losing your money. Apparently some people don't mind losing money on a purchase but I expect to receive what I paid for and I believe most others would agree. There have been problems with orders I've placed to HK and their solution would have cost me additional money but once I opened a Paypal dispute it was resolved quickly and I have never lost a penny. I thank Paypal for providing buyer protection and CS.
I got a notice from HK regarding shipping times they told me it could take as long as 39 days to ship. I wonder if they do this to avoid claims with Pay Pal hoping you will forget
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I got a notice from HK regarding shipping times they told me it could take as long as 39 days to ship. I wonder if they do this to avoid claims with Pay Pal hoping you will forget
Avoiding claims could be their reason, who knows. At least they let you know there could be a delay. Paypal gives you 45 days to open a dispute so just keep track and if you have not recieved your order before the deadline open a dispute to protect your money. It can easily be closed if and when the order arrives.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
From a HongKong vendor on Ebay: By the way, lmost all of them have the same language. (Note, that's in the 39 day delivery range.)
Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. Nov. 27 and Thu. Dec. 13 Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 11 business days.

The important thing is if it really takes that long. Let us know.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:27 PM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella65 View Post
113 orders and never had problems...knock on wood.
42 orders delivered, one in transit

one servo didn't come with a kit, took months to get a replacement, but eventually it came (bought many other servos in the meantime, and fixed it myself)

a few dead items - all replaced within days (as store credit) after mailing video demonstrating the item as unserviceable

i think the main problems for americans apart from distance and the cost of shipping (both less problematic here in australia), is that they already have access to good variety of supply for a relatively cheap price

i'm really quite at ease with shopping at hobbyking and take my chances; americans are way too used to excellence of service and get in a lather when things are "different" to their stateside expectations - i have witnessed the same dissatisfaction from tourists here when table service in restaurants is as nonchalant as it generally is

they need to understand that we of the west pacific really can't see the point of gnashing our teeth at minor details and are pleased for an opportunity to score bargains

for your education, this article might explain some of the differences, noting indonesia isn't china, but the post often goes through singapore which is only a boat ride away
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1