SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:21 PM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Built the 18" F22 and flown last Saturday. And what a blast!!!!

This my first profile plane and first profile jet and had sooooo much fun!!! Thanks for the plans.

AUW is about 180g made with 5mm depron based on the 20x30 FB design, what AUW do you guys get on your planes?

specs are as follows:

Turnigy 1811-3800
GWS 4025 prop
10A generic ESC
Turnigy 800mAh 2S Lipo
Turnigy 4.7g servo
HK TR6A RX

I'm not sure if I can use a larger prop or larger pitched one without frying the motor, although with the current setup the motor is just warm to touch and screams like there is no tomorrow. Let me know what you think guys.

We'll post pics later....
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:02 PM
Pusher jets rule!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Anywhere between 140 and 170 grams is perfect! Can't wait to see some of your pics. I think you're the first one in the Philippines to do one of these.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:12 AM
Jee
Registered User
Jee's Avatar
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martys View Post
Anything yet Jee? Marty
Patience... must have patience... sadly HK takes a long time to deliver to germany. Tracking says it's left hongkong 15 days ago.. and no news yet.

Anyway, will post footage as soon as the stuff gets here
Jee is offline Find More Posts by Jee
Last edited by Jee; Sep 02, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:31 AM
Check your six
martys's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Patience... must have patience... sadly HK takes a long time to deliver to germany. Tracking says it's left hongkong 15 days ago.. and no news yet.

Anyway, will post footage as soon as the stuff gets here
I have news for you Jee, they take a long time delivering to the US also! Looking forward to your posts. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 12:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Jee,

Next time, it's faster getting your stuff from me.

I've not had an international order yet, but the site can figure out postage for Germany (looks to be around $32 for a full power package). Not sure what it cost you to ship from China.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Jee,

Next time, it's faster getting your stuff from me.

I've not had an international order yet, but the site can figure out postage for Germany (looks to be around $32 for a full power package). Not sure what it cost you to ship from China.

Pat
Yep, I also live in Germany and it looks like U are quite a bit cheaper. I have shy-ed away from American companies in the past due to the unknown delivery time. On your site it states 6-10 days which would be a great improvement over 'the oriental' dealers.
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:38 PM
Registered User
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,147 Posts
My mighty midget isn't so mighty :-((

I finally got a couple of hour of dry weather, minimal wind and my 'main hobby' (wife) let me go flying today
I got 4 packs in and I have to say that my mighty (12", 30 Cm) midget isn't really the hit
She flies fine, the launch has to be with 1/3 throttle and the gently push the stick for wards and away she goes. She looks great, speed seems pretty quick for the size BUT, I cannot get more than a 30° climb, she won't loop, even if I take her right up and dive her, pulling back too much and she flicks, pulling back gently just gives a climb followed by a half roll out.
I think that the weight (85 Gram's) and drag are just a bit too much for a 'flat plate' model, so I am going to reduce both for the 'mark 2'.
First things first, I am going to start on a 'full sized' version tomorrow and I am kind of hot for something with canards (and trust vectoring???) so the mighty midget may have to wait a while.
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:11 PM
Pusher jets rule!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Yep, I also live in Germany and it looks like U are quite a bit cheaper. I have shy-ed away from American companies in the past due to the unknown delivery time. On your site it states 6-10 days which would be a great improvement over 'the oriental' dealers.
Yep, the only option on my site for international is USPS Priority. It's a bit expensive, but so is Air Mail from China.

Sorry to hear about your woes with the 12". You definitely need to get hold of some 3mm depron for Mark II.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Seminole, FL
Joined Jun 2009
20 Posts
I just ordered some 3mm Depron from Grayson's. It will be interesting to see how much of a performance difference there will be.

Also sent the updated plans (post 941) out for printing. Templates should be cut by the time the foam gets here. Gonna put a 2900KV C20 with a 4.5x3 prop on it instead of the 2500KV 1806n withthe same prop (this is a great combo, though).
pnp77777 is offline Find More Posts by pnp77777
Last edited by pnp77777; Sep 03, 2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Correct wording and intent.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:31 AM
Check your six
martys's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
I finally got a couple of hour of dry weather, minimal wind and my 'main hobby' (wife) let me go flying today
I got 4 packs in and I have to say that my mighty (12", 30 Cm) midget isn't really the hit
She flies fine, the launch has to be with 1/3 throttle and the gently push the stick for wards and away she goes. She looks great, speed seems pretty quick for the size BUT, I cannot get more than a 30° climb, she won't loop, even if I take her right up and dive her, pulling back too much and she flicks, pulling back gently just gives a climb followed by a half roll out.
I think that the weight (85 Gram's) and drag are just a bit too much for a 'flat plate' model, so I am going to reduce both for the 'mark 2'.
First things first, I am going to start on a 'full sized' version tomorrow and I am kind of hot for something with canards (and trust vectoring???) so the mighty midget may have to wait a while.
Check those push rods. It sounds like they are flexing under load. I've seen this before. Also as you said, it might be too heavy. Pat, your thoughts? Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:41 AM
Pusher jets rule!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Marty,

My thoughts were posted two posts above yours.

And yes, check for pushrod flex too. The build guide linked on my site has instructions for installing pushrod guides.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 11:21 AM
Registered User
SCAZE's Avatar
Sweden
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
Hi all.
Just built my one with 2200kv, 10A, 2x9g and 850mAh 3S Desire power LiPo.
Made from 6mm Depron with 18" wing span. Auw is about 5,5 oz.
Waiting for some 1mm plywood to make rudderhorns from, and then it is premier if the wind isīnt halt my plans.

An easy and quick build. Took me just just under tre days to print, cut and assemble in my spare time. Im an taxi driver. (Looooong working hours)

/Anders
SCAZE is offline Find More Posts by SCAZE
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:19 PM
Check your six
martys's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Marty,

My thoughts were posted two posts above yours.

And yes, check for pushrod flex too. The build guide linked on my site has instructions for installing pushrod guides.

Pat
My Bad! It was a brain cough!
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:47 PM
Pusher jets rule!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Anders,

Welcome to the craze! I'm surprised you were able to manage 5.5oz using 9g servos, all 6mm foam and a 3S 850. That's the same weight as my F-22 using 3mm, 5g servos and a 3S 450 pack.

I would like to see some pics of your build.

And don't worry too much about the wind. It will fly in up to 20kph winds. I had mine out again this morning and was hovering in the wind. Lots of fun!



Marty,

I'll just chalk it up to old age.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:49 PM
Check your six
martys's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Anders,

Welcome to the craze! I'm surprised you were able to manage 5.5oz using 9g servos, all 6mm foam and a 3S 850. That's the same weight as my F-22 using 3mm, 5g servos and a 3S 450 pack.

I would like to see some pics of your build.

And don't worry too much about the wind. It will fly in up to 20kph winds. I had mine out again this morning and was hovering in the wind. Lots of fun!



Marty,

I'll just chalk it up to old age.

Pat
Yeah Pat, 59 and counting backwards!
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 3mm White Depron 18 sheets TreeFlyer Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Sep 06, 2007 09:57 PM
Built up 3mm depron aerobatic/3D??? bcripe1 Foamies (Kits) 4 Sep 03, 2003 08:00 PM
3mm depron CAP MGoddard Foamies (Kits) 3 Sep 01, 2003 07:36 PM
Slice BlueCore into 3mm Depron localbuyer Foamies (Kits) 1 Jul 08, 2003 10:28 PM
For Sale Fs 3mm Depron Sheets CMT1961 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jan 28, 2003 12:01 PM