HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 10, 2005, 07:48 AM
Cancelled Account
Joined Oct 2004
738 Posts
Hey Den,

Mainly on the boards weekends now... (to say that work has been crazy is an understatement). I still get the emails of the posts, but, the staff at the office is working triple time these past few weeks as 40 percent of the staff is new...However, I keep the lipos and charger under my desk...more than once I get asked "Hey, Chuck, something under your desk is beeping...what is it?"

Reiki,

I see you're 'up' now...did you ever post pics? I applogize if you did, but, I seriously tried to catch up last night...with little luck. Niagra Falls, Eh? I used to live up near Watertown....you've probably got GOBS of places to fly.

--C
ChuckD is offline Find More Posts by ChuckD
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:05 AM
Unicorn Pilot
Niagara Falls Int, New York, United States
Joined Aug 2003
581 Posts
Watertown... by Fort Drum? ... hehehe.. other end of Lake Ontario from me and you guys probably got more snow than Buffalo there.
Yeah since I got out of glo and went all electric I have lots more places to fly. I could only fly glo at a sanctioned field. People let you fly electrics darn near anywhere.
ReikiMaster is offline Find More Posts by ReikiMaster
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:03 PM
Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States
Joined Nov 2003
500 Posts
This has been a great thread, I've learned a lot about the Stryker and what I want on it. Here it is ready for battle.

Mega 16/25/4
CC 35
TP 2100 3s1p, will move up to 4s1p and graupner 7x7 soon.
Modified sonic combat module
Maidens today. wish me luck!!!!!!

Paint is polyurethane coat with acrylic colors, then a final coat of poly

Kin

http://www.embeddedtronics.com/
kfong is offline Find More Posts by kfong
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:10 PM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfong
This has been a great thread, I've learned a lot about the Stryker and what I want on it. Here it is ready for battle.

Mega 16/25/4
CC 35
TP 2100 3s1p, will move up to 4s1p and graupner 7x7 soon.
Modified sonic combat module
Maidens today. wish me luck!!!!!!

Paint is polyurethane coat with acrylic colors, then a final coat of poly

Kin

Drill some holes in the rear hatch with say a 10 mm drill bit (2 will do) and also drill some holes in the fake air intake pods and a v shaped hole in the front in front of the first hatch. This will help a lot to keep your bats etc cool.

Other than this lovely Stryker hope the maiden goes ok

Just looked again at the pictures and I think your combat module is on the rong way round. Also a little tape on the fuse each side under the motor mount will help as well

www.densplanes.co.uk
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:25 PM
Joined Nov 2003
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs
Drill some holes in the rear hatch with say a 10 mm drill bit (2 will do) and also drill some holes in the fake air intake pods and a v shaped hole in the front in front of the first hatch. This will help a lot to keep your bats etc cool.

Other than this lovely Stryker hope the maiden goes ok

Just looked again at the pictures and I think your combat module is on the rong way round. Also a little tape on the fuse each side under the motor mount will help as well

www.densplanes.co.uk

Thanks Bigplumbs, I didn't catch that. Just flipped it around. Odd that they have the holes for the wiring on the wrong side. I plan to leave the hatch off when I fly it until I CNC horizontal vent holes for cooling with my CNC milling machine. Going to also mill a new motor mount if this one starts to flex too much.

Kin

Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:23 PM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
Hi guys let my show you the firs test of the "Turbin" of my stryker
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:41 PM
PRO BRO #157
Sterling hts, Michigan
Joined Jun 2003
2,084 Posts
Holly shmolly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is that ?!?!?!?!?!!?!

DK
daking is offline Find More Posts by daking
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:01 PM
San Juan Marin Intl, Puerto Rico
Joined Jul 2002
765 Posts
The set up of my Stryke EDF DS-30-dia-ph, Hacker C40-10L (modi.to fit)PH-80 with Sbec and 5s-3p Irate 2200. 42 0z trust and 1025 watt

Gustavo
windface is offline Find More Posts by windface
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
500 Posts
Just got back from my maiden, luck was with me after all. Daking happened to show up. I was just about done flying my smaller wings and was about to try the Stryker. I'm glad Daking was there, he took it out and had everything dialed. First thing Dennis noticed was it being tail heavy. I would of had a difficult time with the way it was set up. Sure looks big in the sky. I'm so use to flying much smaller planes. Doinked the nose on landing and it broke it, surprised that the tape was stronger than the nose. Being fixed as I type, polyurethane is working ok. Not sure if any paint could hold up to the compression. Sanding and touching up with the airbrush should bring it back to what it was. Very happy with the maiden, needs 4 cells and a better reciever(glitches), but for now it's plenty enough till I get better at flying.

Thanks again Dennis, I think it would of been a disaster if I had tried it on my own.

Kin

Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:33 PM
Unicorn Pilot
Niagara Falls Int, New York, United States
Joined Aug 2003
581 Posts
I'm surprised the nose broke as well. When I doinked mine in hard, the nose actually was sticking in the ground and the fuse broke away and bounced off one wing tip and sat on it's belly. I can see the compression lines in the nose and the front.. maybe 2 inches... of fuse. But yours broke? I already replaced teh 2-sided tape that came with it. I have some carpet tape that's NOT thick and it seems stickier.
ReikiMaster is offline Find More Posts by ReikiMaster
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:39 PM
d9
A basement in NC
Joined Jul 2000
218 Posts
Where is the CG on a Stryker please?
d9 is offline Find More Posts by d9
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:40 PM
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfong
Just got back from my maiden, luck was with me after all. Daking happened to show up. I was just about done flying my smaller wings and was about to try the Stryker. I'm glad Daking was there, he took it out and had everything dialed. First thing Dennis noticed was it being tail heavy. I would of had a difficult time with the way it was set up. Sure looks big in the sky. I'm so use to flying much smaller planes. Doinked the nose on landing and it broke it, surprised that the tape was stronger than the nose. Being fixed as I type, polyurethane is working ok. Not sure if any paint could hold up to the compression. Sanding and touching up with the airbrush should bring it back to what it was. Very happy with the maiden, needs 4 cells and a better reciever(glitches), but for now it's plenty enough till I get better at flying.

Thanks again Dennis, I think it would of been a disaster if I had tried it on my own.

Kin

To reduce/stop glitches:

1) Get some ferrite rings and wrap each servo, and the ESC wire around a ring at least 5 times.
2) Twist the rest of each wire as many times as possible
3) Keep the receiver and ESC as far away from each other as possible.

I have done each of these things on my stryker and I get hardly any glitches at all. I have also done this on the rest of my 20 + fleet.

www.densplanes.co.uk
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:41 PM
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9
Where is the CG on a Stryker please?
It is about 10mm back from the front of the hand holds. Or a little in front of the hole where the servo wires go throught the fuse.

www.densplanes.co.uk
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:49 PM
d9
A basement in NC
Joined Jul 2000
218 Posts
Thank You Bigplumbs.

d9
d9 is offline Find More Posts by d9
Old Apr 10, 2005, 05:14 PM
PRO BRO #157
Sterling hts, Michigan
Joined Jun 2003
2,084 Posts
No problem kfong. Glad i could hlep.

You denfinitly need more power though. I am thinking that 4 cell's would be too fast. You might want to concider a difftent motor. The 1615/4 is a awsome motor that is fast/strong but not too much soo. Plus you already have the batt's.

DK
daking is offline Find More Posts by daking
Closed Thread