HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2013, 03:50 PM
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
Question
build up thin rudder, covering problem

Hello oracover light experts,

I have build a replacement rudder for my aspire like a supra with carbon strips and carbon le with 0,5 mm thickness.

For your inspiration like this: http://www.hyperflight.co.uk/product...ompetition-fin

I have tried several times to cover it with oracover light. Getting frustrated
I want to cover it in one part, so wrap it around the le, like the Vladimir originals.

The problem I have is that between the rips, near the te both sides of the covering stick together. The rudder is very thin at that point, about 2mm. But it can be done, but how?

I hope I made my problem clear. Thank you in advance.
dutchsoarer is offline Find More Posts by dutchsoarer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2004
221 Posts
Yeh.

What he said.

How do you do that?
Riserflier is offline Find More Posts by Riserflier
Old Oct 07, 2013, 01:18 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,141 Posts
Stick the covering to one side and then put some talcum powder on the portion that is stuck down. Then when you wrap the rest of the covering around the surface it will not stick to the covering on the other side.

Larry
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Oct 07, 2013, 02:06 PM
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel View Post
Stick the covering to one side and then put some talcum powder on the portion that is stuck down. Then when you wrap the rest of the covering around the surface it will not stick to the covering on the other side.

Larry

thank you, will give it a try and report. First build a new rudder

In the dutch forum I got the advise to put it in a 150 C hot oven. Will give it a try too.

Jan
dutchsoarer is offline Find More Posts by dutchsoarer