Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:41 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Grimm View Post
Just put up a FPV Flying video from todays flight with my UAV
It is very relaxing to flyFPV with APM autopilot in "cruise mode" so you only control altitude and direction and autopilot does all the flying and sped control!!
I REALLY LOVE THE UAV-3000!!
It really flies well and has no bad habits at all...
I fly it every day now so you will probably be fed with some more videos soon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwD0E0gpX0
Keep 'em coming! Cruise mode was my idea such an awesome FPV assistant! Although I've found with my last flight some drifting... Not sure if it's a GPS issue. Anyway, well done, looking forward to some really long range high altitude endeavours from you! Wish I had a nice runway nearby..
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:54 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Grimm View Post
Just put up a FPV Flying video from todays flight with my UAV
It is very relaxing to flyFPV with APM autopilot in "cruise mode" so you only control altitude and direction and autopilot does all the flying and sped control!!
I REALLY LOVE THE UAV-3000!!
It really flies well and has no bad habits at all...
I fly it every day now so you will probably be fed with some more videos soon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrwD0E0gpX0
great video ! loved it with the music. Catching the birds flying south was great ! I am so jealous of your runway !!! the ideal plane for you and your setting
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinduplessis View Post
Keep 'em coming! Cruise mode was my idea such an awesome FPV assistant! Although I've found with my last flight some drifting... Not sure if it's a GPS issue. Anyway, well done, looking forward to some really long range high altitude endeavours from you! Wish I had a nice runway nearby..
Thank´s for that idea!! Cruise mode works great but sometimes a little drift for me to.. Could be compass sitting in the plane with a lot of batteries and stuff next to it...
Will try some really long range soon...
But a friend and I will follow the flight track by car....just in case...
//Ronny
R.Grimm is online now Find More Posts by R.Grimm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
great video ! loved it with the music. Catching the birds flying south was great ! I am so jealous of your runway !!! the ideal plane for you and your setting
Thanks! I actually heard the birds passing over my head and just turned the camera down...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
14 Posts
hey guys, this is what i found couple of minutes ago, uav 3000 with FY-41AP System.
Its not mine, again ITS NOT MINE!!!, its Lars's maybe he is already here, please let me know if this is a repost

UAV-3000 "K-9 Air Sniffer Drone" FY-41AP System (8 min 49 sec)

credit goes to the original owner( Lars) of the video and UAV ofcourse, its great to see more people are having success with uav 3000 airframe, i think it turn out to be a great airframe for uav and fpv purposes, i also have the mq9 reaper air frame, its a headache to fly that thing. uav 3000 has much much larger payload capacity,, if anyone needs i know a place where you can buy a kit version of mq9 reaper (not the projet one), actually a plan with blasa, no electronics.
cessna1525 is online now Find More Posts by cessna1525
Last edited by cessna1525; Sep 11, 2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Disaster!!!
Today I finally got my minim OSD working andthen tried some FPV flying with the osd. NICE!!
Then with that sorted out i was going to try my last non tested modes on my APM 2.5
Auto takeoff and autoland.
I set up a simple course around the field with takeoff as first way-point (climb to 70 m )
Switched to auto on the runway and throttled up, the UAV accelerated down the runway by its own and lifted off (a bit off the runway heading but still ok), then at 30m alt the AP suddenly reduced all motor power and she dived at a steep angle to the ground... I Immediately switched to manual mode and full throttle nothing happened... not able to pitch up either.....CRACH!!! :-(
Fuselage wrecked, camera gimbal wrecked. pitot tube u/s, found the camera after seaching half an hour in the grass 10 meters away from crash sight ....
:-/
So now i need a new fuselage... Have asked HK if they would sell me a fuselage as spare??
Awaiting Hobbyking answer.
If not i have to order a whole new set...then i will have some spare wings :-)
I would really like to get the UAV flying again...soon..
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:15 AM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,771 Posts
Now that Sucks. Hope you can get the bits required.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
UAV Operator
Brazil, SP, Caraguatatuba
Joined Jun 2012
181 Posts
Sorry for your crash, so sad.

When you planning auto takeoff, do you inform angle for reach this 70m? Do you created others WP to follow?
ECODRONES is offline Find More Posts by ECODRONES
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Yes i had 10 degree pitch and 70 m programmed for t/o then i had next wp at 100 m...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:41 PM
Waypoint Collector
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Feb 2012
506 Posts
Man I hate to hear this. I crashed my SW recently when my APM lost GPS fix. To be honest, I haven't fully identified the root cause. I suspect the GPS because it had been sporadic for several flights. I could also see in the tlog that it lost fix just before it started to descend at about a 45deg angle. I can't say I understand why this would cause a dive into the ground because I thought altitude was handled by the barometric pressure sensor.

It is strange that your plane was unresponsive when you switched to manual mode. It makes me wonder if you lost power to the APM. Were you logging through telemetry? Have you tried posting the tlog for some analysis on DIYDrones? There are guys that will dig through your tlog and help diagnose the cause of failure. I'm sure you would generate some interest there with such a gorgeous drone. I wouldn't want to see this happen to you again.
TNug is online now Find More Posts by TNug
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,126 Posts
Aaaw.... what a shame... commiserations
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
That's why I am so weary of going to any sort of autopilot set up... Not to mention the complexity.
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
That's why I am so weary of going to any sort of autopilot set up... Not to mention the complexity.
If flying FPV the autopilot saves the plane if (or when) you loose video link... The autopilot works just fine but i won't use auto takeoff or autoland anymore... Works fine on multirotors though.!!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:59 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,070 Posts
Well... When and if I do go with Ardupilot would you mind of I shoot you a PM for some help?

Also would ardupilot be your suggested system?
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Well... When and if I do go with Ardupilot would you mind of I shoot you a PM for some help?

Also would ardupilot be your suggested system?
Yes I still think the ardupilot is a great system and I will continue to use it after repair and I also use arducopter in my multirotors with great success.
The 10 times more expensive systems also has some bugs..
All the help you need is on arduplane homepage. But if you need some specific help yo are welcome to ask.