HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,841 Posts
You've made your point and I don't agree with it. Sorry. Not arguing just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Not derailing the thread at all. Just trying to make my point that touch screens rule. You can argue that there is a significant portion of the population that still prefer a keypad over a touch screen........but you'd be wrong...
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
You've made your point and I don't agree with it. Sorry. Not arguing just my opinion.
No,no, no, Evan, its easy to use and popular..Everything has one now.In fact I just drove to work in my car using a touchscreen.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
I guess you car doesn't have a touch screen nav, or you don't use some ATM's or the self check in at airports or the touch pads for credit cards(which are in almost any retail store)or many apple products, redbox, etc, etc, ad naseum!
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,984 Posts
My own favorite cars don't even have airbags and I pay cash
and my I pod is really a Sony- no apples
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,841 Posts
Touchscreens on my car (don't have one there or my truck or my two motorcycles or even my wifes car) or the airport (now we're really stretching) are not the point.

The point is I don't like the one on the A9... Or the way it programs anything beyond a basic set up.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Registered User
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
I own a A9 and overall I am very happy with the system.
People have complained that Hitec takes too long to get products to the point of selling them.
The DX8 appears to me to be a product that was rushed out too soon.
Which I suspect is one reason the DX8 is having so many problems.
Spectrum has been doing this for a long time and must of known the consequences of rushing a product to the public.
I really don't understand why people insist on using JR or Spektrum products.
I don't understand why people buy Apple products either.
Most of us don't like doing Quality Control with our models.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,841 Posts
Perfect, where's the thumbs up smilie?


Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
No,no, no, Evan, its easy to use and popular..Everything has one now.In fact I just drove to work in my car using a touchscreen.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:32 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
My own favorite cars don't even have airbags and I pay cash
and my I pod is really a Sony- no apples
An ATM is the modern way of getting cash Dick.

And I guess you settled for second best with the Sony!
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:38 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D View Post
Touchscreens on my car (don't have one there or my truck or my two motorcycles or even my wifes car) or the airport (now we're really stretching) are not the point.

The point is I don't like the one on the A9... Or the way it programs anything beyond a basic set up.
Thats ok, thats your opinion, but the A9 screen is still a major selling point of this radio.

And I guess you probably wouldn't like the touch screens on Futabas 14MZ and 18MZ either.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Jeez... 4 pages talking about iPods, cars, ATM's, airports... what would really be useful to me is an example... just one example of something that can be programmed into a DX8 that can't be done on the A9. I just got a brand new DX8 for $269 shipped and I'd like to feel good about it! Four pages, and it is mentioned, but no example...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Harry H's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
Which I suspect is one reason the DX8 is having so many problems.


I really don't understand why people insist on using JR or Spektrum products.


I don't understand why people buy Apple products either.
The DX8 had some problems (past tense) All is good now.

You are missing out (Spektrum)

You are REALLY missing out (Apple)

Why can't some people just tell about what they own . Why bash something they don't have or ever intend on using

Harry
Harry H is online now Find More Posts by Harry H
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:45 AM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
An ATM is the modern way of getting cash Dick.

And I guess you settled for second best with the Sony!
Really?
Pay for your own money?
The Sony was chosen over the Apple because I don't like the additional files required for Apple (I pod).
I have had five touch screen radios in the past - Futaba 9z and JR10s - familiar with the setup -
THe JR was prone to loose display if moisture got under edges .
If you like em, use em.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Really?
Pay for your own money?
The Sony was chosen over the Apple because I don't like the additional files required for Apple (I pod).
I have had five touch screen radios in the past - Futaba 9z and JR10s - familiar with the setup -
THe JR was prone to loose display if moisture got under edges .
If you like em, use em.
That is a good point about temporarily losing display because of everonmental conditions. I have had some devices blank out in excessive heat(especially when left in a car which is bad I know), but I guess that can happen with any display.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:57 AM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Jeez... 4 pages talking about iPods, cars, ATM's, airports... what would really be useful to me is an example... just one example of something that can be programmed into a DX8 that can't be done on the A9. I just got a brand new DX8 for $269 shipped and I'd like to feel good about it! Four pages, and it is mentioned, but no example...
You SHOULD feel good about it! Thats a great price.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
Air, Ground & Water
freechip's Avatar
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
having paid full price which ended up being close to 500$ canadian from LHS, of course you should feel good.

Price I paid to be first I guess..
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Spektrum DX8 or Hitec Aurora 9??? Irish Viper Radios 6 Oct 04, 2011 01:12 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX-8 or Hitec Aurora 9 new2heli Radios 15 Jun 12, 2011 01:07 PM
Found Have DX8, want Futaba 8FG, Hitec Aurora 9 or better Roswalt Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 14 May 02, 2011 01:01 PM
Discussion Aurora 9 or Spektrum DX8 ? TeeJayBee Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 11 Apr 06, 2011 09:47 PM
Discussion Spektrum DX8 vs. Hitec A9 Mikarro Radios 279 Nov 26, 2010 03:06 AM