HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2014, 04:03 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
And that is precisely why I don't buy used RC gear on eBay.

I've had nothing but excellent results from HH customer service. They replaced one of my UMX Beasts without question, after an aileron servo went to the rail on the maiden during a fast pass down on the deck, thereby causing the plane to do the drill-bit maneuver right into the asphalt @ WOT. They sent me a replacement aileron servo for my first CC without question - even though they were fully-aware that I had logged over 100 flights on the plane before the failure. They also sent me a new brick & replacement tail-feathers for one of my Beasts, after the elevator servo locked-up during an inverted flat-spin, causing me to execute my very first (and hopefully my last) inverted flat-spin "landing". Again, they were fully-aware that I had put over 50 flights on the plane. They also sent me a new brick/FBL controller for my 130X without question when mine developed a slight lateral drifting problem after I had logged over 10 hours on the bird. They walked me through a few steps to check the controller, then offered to send me a new brick. They didn't even ask me to send-in the original. I got the new brick just two days later.

Aside from the time when the aileron servo failed during the maiden, they were not obligated to send me anything for free. But they did.

I've found that one's demeanor plays a large role in determining how far 'above & beyond the call of duty' Horizon's cs department is willing to go for a customer. Be professional, convey your true skill-level & years of experience with the airframe type in a courteous manner, calmly state the facts, admit anything you may have done that could be even remotely connected to the problem, and you will most likely receive 'above & beyond' service. But even then, no rational person would expect them to replace a product at no cost that was purchased from a private seller on eBay. They may decide to do so, hoping that their generosity may net them a faithful return customer - but that would be going far above & beyond what anyone should expect from any vendor.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2014
19 Posts
Guess what I got today!!!!!

Now to wait for good weather to give her a maiden along with my Habu!
Endersmens is online now Find More Posts by Endersmens