HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
StevieT.
United States, NC, Cary
Joined Apr 2011
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Why would I be touchy? I have a perfectly good working product that an online forum member is posting about issues with his radio but yet doesn't want to do anything about it. Doesn't want to ship it out and be without his radio for 2 weeks.

Just has you like to post comments about it not being as accurate as your junk RTF tx and Cheapo TX, I wanted to share with you that mine were very accurate.
If your radio reads 8.4 after a full charge, it's not accurate. As soon as you apply even a small load to a 2S LiPo, the voltage should read about 8.2.
Randino is offline Find More Posts by Randino
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
A 200mah load on a fully charge lipo won't drop the voltage down to 8.2v.

We're not talking about a flight pack. 8.4 on the display when the DVM shows 8.4 is accurate enough for me.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:45 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,992 Posts
Quote:
A 200mah load on a fully charge lipo won't drop the voltage down to 8.2v.

We're not talking about a flight pack. 8.4 on the display when the DVM shows 8.4 is accurate enough for me.
Exactly.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:04 AM
Hong Kong, Discovery Bay
Joined Apr 2011
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
CURRENTLY my "dealer" has no 100A sensors. Also, the project of Jürgen is private. If I build them and sell them, that would be unfair. But it is really no rocket science, have a look at the schematics. A microcontroller, current sensor, voltage reglator, 2 capacitors, some resistors and a LED. Maybe he releases a layout, too.
Witty use of language!!

I suspect that your ability to read the rest of the description probably helps too
744drv is offline Find More Posts by 744drv
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Hey does anyone know if saved models from a Dx8 can be uploaded and used in a Dx18?
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
Hey does anyone know if saved models from a Dx8 can be uploaded and used in a Dx18?
I asked that same question earlier and, according to Andy, it cannot be done. Shame as that would have been a great upgrade path feature.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
It's very lame that you can't, duh Spectrum....Maybe someone will develop a PC conversion application that does it? Should we start a petiton to Spectrum for it?
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
It's very lame that you can't, duh Spectrum....Maybe someone will develop a PC conversion application that does it? Should we start a petiton to Spectrum for it?
If you do they will just reply to you that you have the wrong company. If you want to start one make sure you have there name right. SPEKTRUM

Maybe in future updates this might be a possiblity now that all Airware radios share similar coding.

It's already been asked once, asking more then once, starting polls or petitions won't get any faster results.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Delete please.
Last edited by itsme2; Oct 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
It's already been asked once, asking more then once, starting polls or petitions won't get any faster results.
Maybe, maybe not.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Maybe, maybe not.
Yep but based on past threads/posts/polls it's more towards NOT.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Nah sorry boys, I use Tapatalk on my ipad and iphone to hang here in Rcgroups with you guys but it has a crappy search function and it is limited in function when compared to using a pc. If it was posted earlier I apologize for asking about it again. I didn't want to read through all the threads to find the answer and sometimes discussing things again can bring about new conversation.
I use a Dx8 and have 20 different models saved. If I could import my data into a Dx18 I might have considered buying one but I really have no need for that much radio other than I am a bit of a tech whore and like having the latest and greatest.
Thanks for answering the question, and again sorry...
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,191 Posts
Looking for a uncensored DX8 thread

is this thread censored or can I say what I want?
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:10 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,020 Posts
Everything on RCG is "censored" to some degree. Just step outside the Forum Rules and you'll see On private threads the owner can delete posts if they want, based on if they are contributing to the subject at hand or not.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Everything on RCG is "censored" to some degree. Just step outside the Forum Rules and you'll see On private threads the owner can delete posts if they want, based on if they are contributing to the subject at hand or not.

Andy
yes it is censored in the sense of not to be rude, etc but this is approaching bully'g. When I am on a DX8 thread taking about a DX8 issue and then sent a private email saying that "I am off topic" and if I continue my messages on that theme they will be deleted..that is too much for me and I am out of there..they can play god with someone else...
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1