Jan 03, 2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
How do you trim the roll and pitch axis, if there is no trim for those controls, or, did you ever feel the need to trim roll and pitch, perhaps, the control linkages for cyclic is already perfectly setup at the factory so there is no need to adjust pitch and roll?
Hehehehhe...like I said, I very new to this. I think I need to learn what is roll and pitch axis terminology. On the one with 3 knobs, when I start to take off, some time it goes side way and sometime it goes forward/backward so I use the those 3 knobs to trim depend on how it goes. The one on the right, I believed it adjust the swing, just like the 3ch model. The two on the left, use to adjust forward/backward/sideways. Oh, they have a mislabel or something on the 2 knobs on the left. I think they are reversed so watch out for this.

On the one with 1 knob, it take off smoothly and swing a little like the 3ch version so I just use that 1 knob to adjust it. It flies great after that. So, this version, maybe we don't need to do any adjust for pitch and roll...yes?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
Go read post #215 ... he said he just got his order delivered, so apparently everything went smooth with that seller - Aliexperss. If it was a scammer, I doubt micuyen would have the heli in hand right now - unless he is the scammer ... LOL!

If there are copy cat sellers, then we need a sure way to decipher which one is the real one.
Sorry guys for misleading some how. I meant to say I got my order from Aliexpress but yes, it's from a different seller. Hehehehe...no, I'm not a scammer. You can check my ebay status.
Jan 03, 2011, 05:26 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by micuyen
Hehehehhe...like I said, I very new to this. I think I need to learn what is roll and pitch axis terminology. On the one with 3 knobs, when I start to take off, some time it goes side way and sometime it goes forward/backward so I use the those 3 knobs to trim depend on how it goes. The one on the right, I believed it adjust the swing, just like the 3ch model. The two on the left, use to adjust forward/backward/sideways. Oh, they have a mislabel or something on the 2 knobs on the left. I think they are reversed so watch out for this.

On the one with 1 knob, it take off smoothly and swing a little like the 3ch version so I just use that 1 knob to adjust it. It flies great after that. So, this version, maybe we don't need to do any adjust for pitch and roll...yes?

Got it, that's what I was thinking, that the version with only the yaw trim knob, the cyclic is already well adjusted with the mechanical linkages on the model itself, so it is already trimmed in roll/pitch, so no additional trimming is necessary at the TX. It's just nice to have the ability to trim all 4 axis on the TX, but may not be necessary with this model.

Doubletap.
Jan 03, 2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Sorry guys for misleading some how. I meant to say I got my order from Aliexpress but yes, it's from a different seller. Hehehehe...no, I'm not a scammer. You can check my ebay status.
We were each responding to different posts/links you had provided. The one to which you were refering as having received the item appears legit (seller with feedback). The ones posted previously were fairly blatant scams. THe confusion was entirely on my side and not from you .

When I realized Hayabusa were referring to a different seller than you had linked previously, I editted my post but Hayabusa had already responded to the original post I made in error.
Jan 03, 2011, 06:01 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
It sounded like you actually received the S107 in hand per post #215 ... is that right?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=215
Jan 03, 2011, 06:06 PM
Upstanding Member
It's not a coax, but I just picked up a 4-ch FP single rotor from Radio Shack of all places
Stopped in to see if they had any tiny plugs for PCs to use in my Wessex for the battery and LEDs and saw an AirHogs Reflex chopper on sale for $39.99. Willpower? I'm not familiar with that term...

Good bird! Feels weird to "steer" with the left stick, but got the hang of it quickly. Only 2 flights so far but it's a fun change of pace from my S107, 6010s, non-gyro 3-ers etc. Supposedly this guy is capable of impressive moves with practice.
150mAH LiPo (only can charge from the 4xAA'd TX but people are working on USB/AC mods) and weighs in at ~23g.
Well designed and built transmitter to boot!

main thread here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1356996

There is apparently a $10 RS coupon if you take an online survey and have purchased something from RS in the past 5 days. I haven't been in there in years.... and frankly don't know how they're still in business lol
Last edited by Kurt; Jan 03, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Jan 03, 2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli
It sounded like you actually received the S107 in hand per post #215 ... is that right?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=215
Yes, it's S107 from Aliexpress but different seller then the one with DH9808 or 9313 that I shared earlier.
Jan 03, 2011, 06:45 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Yes, it's S107 from Aliexpress but different seller then the one with DH9808 or 9313 that I shared earlier.
Yes ... just trying to determine and identify who's a good seller vs who is not on Aliexpress. Since you actual got the S107 in your hands, then that proves that particular seller is apparently legitimate.
Jan 03, 2011, 07:36 PM
That looks like the Helix to me. It is a nice heli, and you paid what I think it's worth ($39.95), not the usual $79.95 they ask for.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt
It's not a coax, but I just picked up a 4-ch FP single rotor from Radio Shack of all places
Stopped in to see if they had any tiny plugs for PCs to use in my Wessex for the battery and LEDs and saw an AirHogs Reflex chopper on sale for $39.99. Willpower? I'm not familiar with that term...

Good bird! Feels weird to "steer" with the left stick, but got the hang of it quickly. Only 2 flights so far but it's a fun change of pace from my S107, 6010s, non-gyro 3-ers etc. Supposedly this guy is capable of impressive moves with practice.
150mAH LiPo (only can charge from the 4xAA'd TX but people are working on USB/AC mods) and weighs in at ~23g.
Well designed and built transmitter to boot!

main thread here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1356996

There is apparently a $10 RS coupon if you take an online survey and have purchased something from RS in the past 5 days. I haven't been in there in years.... and frankly don't know how they're still in business lol
Jan 03, 2011, 07:41 PM
Team Drone Art
Thanks micuyen. I was looking for the Double Horse 9808 all day yesterday and seems like the cheapest with shipping was gonna be between $24-30usd. Your found deal was too good to pass up. We'll see if it was indeed too good to be true in a couple of weeks I suppose.

I saw that Frys online may be carrying the Double Horse 9808 in the future. It's available for preorder on their website right now for $49.99 and called it the Gyro Metal 9098 3.5CH Helicopter. At least it looks like the Double Horse 9808 from the small photo.

Sometimes Frys put these toy helicopters on sale for a very reasonable price so we can keep an eye out for that in the future.
Jan 03, 2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Thanks micuyen. I was looking for the Double Horse 9808 all day yesterday and seems like the cheapest with shipping was gonna be between $24-30usd. Your found deal was too good to pass up. We'll see if it was indeed too good to be true in a couple of weeks I suppose.

I saw that Frys online may be carrying the Double Horse 9808 in the future. It's available for preorder on their website right now for $49.99 and called it the Gyro Metal 9098 3.5CH Helicopter. At least it looks like the Double Horse 9808 from the small photo.

Sometimes Frys put these toy helicopters on sale for a very reasonable price so we can keep an eye out for that in the future.
Was it this link you used?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

I am highly suspect of this seller as they are only a few days old with 0 feedback and they copied all their listings(including contact information in the listing) from other (unrelated) sellers.

Let us know if it actually shows up. I'd check every so often that the listing/seller is still there. Not sure how fast Aliexpress is at weeding out fraud like ebay is.
Jan 03, 2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon

I saw those at frys over the holidays they got a bunch in and they are not even labeled 9808 on the canopy but are box labeled mywebrc or worldtechtoys i cant remember which is same company that provides frys those swann's which are basically s107s but in purpulish color and while there i checked those swann's to see if they came with R3 board, nope all were labeled S107R5 and there was a bunch of them on the floor. Frys pricing in general sucks on these helis but sometimes they do some nice price drops which last a day or two; i picked up two falcon x's there on black friday at 50% off for $19.95 ea. and since then nothing worth jumping at.
Jan 03, 2011, 09:34 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Thread OP
I have took some time and played with this aliexpress auction site relating finding an 8913 or 8911.

I would suggest the same rules apply for this auction site as well. More than 10 positive feedback are required to list it in the thread.

The listing from Nancy Qin seller has no feedback.. so it doesnt follow the rules.

BUT...
I found this listing... for $40.34 (a few cents over the rules) shipped to the east coast of the USA.

So I ordered. This seller has a 88% positive rating with over 60 reviewers.

Jan 03, 2011, 09:39 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler
BUT...
I found this listing... for $40.34 (a few cents over the rules) shipped to the east coast of the USA.

So I ordered. This seller has a 88% positive rating with over 60 reviewers.

I see it has Escrow payment, and says:
"Payment is only released to suppliers after you confirm delivery. Escrow is free and easy to use."

So what prevents someone saying they didn't receive the product when they actually did? Is there a signature required on delivery?
Jan 03, 2011, 09:42 PM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Thread OP
I also found the lanneret IV 899 which is similar to the 8913 and 8911..

for 38.99 shipped to the east coast!

Quick Reply