New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by phlpsfrnk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
751 Posts
Question
What "stuff" have I put forward?

In a recent thread disscussion the statement was made that I have put "stuff" forward. Rather than hijack that thread again I'm asking the people involved in that discusion to respond here.

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
Last edited by phlpsfrnk; May 16, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old May 16, 2013, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by abel pranger
BFMAC Founding Member
Joined Mar 2003
1,281 Posts
Frank,

OP requested and then reiterated that was looking for first-person experience with AMA insurance claims. I expect he was looking for some factual info on a subject area where a lot of mythology has been propagated, both by zealots exaggerating and skeptics minimizing its value, along with simple misunderstandings as to what insurance is for and what it provides in the interest of AMA's charter (per mission statement) to promote model aviation.

He got a couple of replies that were strictly on-topic, and among others one from Bill M that I felt counterproductive because it repeated a common myth. I didn't attack Bill as you charged, I think he's a fine gentleman, was just misinformed on that point. In the same post my reply directed to OP addressed a common myth that AMA does not pay claims propagated by a faction among skeptics. I doubted a significant number of responses to his query would be garnered to resolve that myth, but thought it might be useful to explain why I thought the myth was improbable. Also I asked the Q "why should we care" because in my view it doesn't matter to an insured with a liability claim against him if the insurer decides to defend or settle with claimant.....he's getting the protection he bought in either instance. Off-topic? If you insist. I though it at least as topical as your pointer to a bundle of AMA documents ("the stuff you put forward" per LCS AFAIK) which database to the best of my knowledge sheds no light whatever on consumer perceptions of AMA resolution of insurance claims.

Next in the thread evolution you felt it somehow pertinent to inform me of you suspicion OP's evil purpose in making his query. It seemed a personal attack on him to me..........perhaps not crossing the line set by RCG admin, but nonetheless rude, out of character for you, and counter to any purpose of the discussion. I let pass it the first time, tried to divert from that tangent with a minimization of the "dirt" quote you dug up. You even agreed (or did not argue) that what you attributed to him was mostly true. Then you went right back to the same boorish inferences about his illicit motives. I didn't let it pass the 2nd time. So shoot me. No apology from me seems merited.

Let's allow this thing to die.

abel
abel pranger is offline Find More Posts by abel pranger
Last edited by abel pranger; May 16, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: should have proof read...
Old May 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
751 Posts
able,
I offered an opinion of his motivation which may or may not have been off the mark. Your opinion of my motivations is off the mark but obviously on this we will have to agree to disagree.

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk