Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by ShuRugal
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Discussion
Setting up a new Radian

Picked up a Parkzone Radian and i am trying to figure out how to set it up to use the ailerons as "flaperons/spoilerons" in addition to the dedicated flaps. I am using the included 6-ch Rx, and my Tx is a DX-7. Any advice on how best to accomplish this? What i am thinking is ail servos on Ail and Aux slots, and flap servos on Gear slot and program radio with flaperons. is there a better method or is this my only option?
ShuRugal is offline Find More Posts by ShuRugal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,894 Posts
The Radian dosen't have ailerons could it be the pro version?
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
yes, i suppose i should clarify, it is radian pro
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by eckace1
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,894 Posts
If it were me I would trade it in for the Radian
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:14 AM
Find More Posts by Raften
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
If it were me I would trade it in for the Radian
Me too.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by Retired Relic
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
me too
Retired Relic is offline Find More Posts by Retired Relic
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:27 AM
Find More Posts by Phoenex
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuRugal View Post
Picked up a Parkzone Radian and i am trying to figure out how to set it up to use the ailerons as "flaperons/spoilerons" in addition to the dedicated flaps. I am using the included 6-ch Rx, and my Tx is a DX-7. Any advice on how best to accomplish this? What i am thinking is ail servos on Ail and Aux slots, and flap servos on Gear slot and program radio with flaperons. is there a better method or is this my only option?
Take a look below for setup instructions for the Radian Pro.

Manuals and support setups
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
precisely what i was looking for, phoenex, thank you.
Last edited by ShuRugal; Jun 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
Find More Posts by Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,784 Posts
I have a Radian/Radian Pro question. Is the only difference between the two the wings? Could one purchase the Radian and later upgrade to the Pro wing?
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:14 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I have a Radian/Radian Pro question. Is the only difference between the two the wings? Could one purchase the Radian and later upgrade to the Pro wing?

NO the wing for the Pro also requires the Pro Fuse. Be advised the two planes are quite different in weight and wing design flying very differently.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex View Post
NO the wing for the Pro also requires the Pro Fuse. Be advised the two planes are quite different in weight and wing design flying very differently.
I went to the HH website and noted that they said that the wings were not interchangeable. Can the Radian wing be modified to fit the the Pro fuse? I understand the difference in performance between the two and the fuse reinforcement in the Pro fuse. I wouldn't want to put the Pro wing on a base Radian but having the option to put the Radian wing on the pro would be nice. If the wing would fit I would think adjusting the CG for each wing would be easy.

I have an Easy Star and modified the Easy Glider wings to fit the stock Easy Star fuse.
Last edited by Rickochet; Jun 24, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
I went to the HH website and noted that they said that the wings were not interchangeable. Can the Radian wing be modified to fit the the Pro fuse? I understand the difference in performance between the two and the fuse reinforcement in the Pro fuse. I wouldn't want to put the Pro wing on a base Radian but having the option to put the Radian wing on the pro would be nice. If the wing would fit I would think adjusting the CG for each wing would be easy.

I have an Easy Star and modified the Easy Glider wings to fit the stock Easy Star fuse.

You can do whatever you want to do which is one of the things that make this hobby such great fun!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:22 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex View Post
You can do whatever you want to do which is one of the things that make this hobby such great fun!
I agree. I enjoy tinkering. It would be nice to know if anyone has done the wing mod. I have been searching for Radian/Pro threads but haven't found much.
Old Jan 07, 2016, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by G square
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
Hey fellows, I am new to the rc world and am hoping someone will give me a little help. My wife bought me a Radian Pro as my fist glider. I know, I know I should start with something else but to late for that. Here is my question --- I am setting up my Radian Pro and even when I am at default my ailerons are uneven . I read where I could use the subtrim ( DX6i ) to even them but when doing so they are still above the edge of the flaps. It is like when one goes up the other comes down thus leaving the wing out of shape. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks !!!!
G square is offline Find More Posts by G square