Find More Posts by ScoRpiUs2009
Australia, VIC, Mordialloc
Joined Aug 2009
1,687 Posts
Planes Over The You Yangs

Skywalker X-6
RiteWing Scout Bee
Multiplex Cularis

Planes Over The You Yangs (3 min 15 sec)
ScoRpiUs2009 is offline Find More Posts by ScoRpiUs2009
Old Feb 08, 2016, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by Plumbr
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jun 2012
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx View Post
Nicely Flown, Plumbr. Very Smoooth

Thanks
Plumbr is offline Find More Posts by Plumbr
Old Feb 09, 2016, 06:21 AM
Find More Posts by optical
oxygen theif...
Australia, WA, Mindarie
Joined Jan 2004
437 Posts
that was awesome scorpius - miss seeing fixed wing videos like that
optical is offline Find More Posts by optical
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Joined Oct 2011
799 Posts
Hi there, as you probably know there is a weekly contest using DL system so I need more visits to this video so I can win!, thanks in advance for your support

Just to share a flight over these mountains. Some friends in my RC Club told me that an air plane crashed in that small valley in 1969 with a potencial Mexican candidate for president, Carlos Madrazo , and the only way to get there is by helicopter or climing the mointains. I was looking to fly near and over the small valley, cause they say that some remaining plane parts can bee seen , I donīt see them

Sorry about the bouncing and jelly, too windy day I spent 1,500mah more than expected. Return flight was speedy (120-150 km/hr)

Sky Hunter Over the Mountains 23 km long Feb 14 2016 (2 min 55 sec)
gtlavin56 is offline Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Old Feb 16, 2016, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by ommadawn
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,458 Posts
Congratulations GT. Great setup and good result from DL.
My best was 25Km, also with DL. I couldnt see the point of pushing it further.
Seeing as you are heavily invested, a stabilization system would be worth considering.
RVOSD offers a brilliant OSD, with solid RTH and best of all Fly By Wire, which smooths out all of the bumps and improves the video quality.
Cheers
Frank.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old Feb 16, 2016, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by neale
Australia, QLD, Beaudesert
Joined Jul 2008
789 Posts
Deleted
neale is offline Find More Posts by neale
Last edited by neale; Feb 16, 2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
15,191 Posts
Good day
lol
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Old Feb 16, 2016, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by neale
Joined Jul 2008
789 Posts
Hi Guy's. This is first(almost) post on the aussie fpv forum. I live around the Beaudesert area of QLD, I sort of fly helis! and planks (a bit better) But as I dont fly at a club I thought it would be great to fly at home a little more often, so I built myself a knock off f450, which I have managed to get fllying well enough to start learning to fly a quad, amd be a lot easier to star learning to fly fpv, after trying to get a plank in the air for a long while, but found it to difficult to sort gear and try to learn fpv on my own. So went the quad route thinking I can do it all at home. Was the best decision I have made in a while, finally maidened fpv this morning, bloody awesome!! Ran a pack thru the quad, will run another later this morning when I settle down a little! I will obviously need a lot of practice to get used to lack of depth perception and the perspective. I was amazed just how good a picture I am getting. Flying with a ground station and monitor for the moment. Anyway I feel I can now post here as a legit fpv flyer! Anyway I would be interested in finding some one around this way who would be interested in catching up, I would like to fly elsewhere an I know another set of eyes will help with getting gear sorted better. Anyway to all who have posted here and I have picked up on there knowledge and experience..Thank-you.
Neal
PS I am apparently on the wrong side of fifty!?
Last edited by neale; Feb 16, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Joined Oct 2011
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Congratulations GT. Great setup and good result from DL.
My best was 25Km, also with DL. I couldnt see the point of pushing it further.
Seeing as you are heavily invested, a stabilization system would be worth considering.
RVOSD offers a brilliant OSD, with solid RTH and best of all Fly By Wire, which smooths out all of the bumps and improves the video quality.
Cheers
Frank.
Thanks for your comments, great success 25 km!!, you are right, I will install a guardian stabilizer soon. Bregards
gtlavin56 is offline Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Old Feb 17, 2016, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by Strepto42
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jun 2012
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neale View Post
Hi Guy's. This is first(almost) post on the aussie fpv forum. I live around the Beaudesert area of QLD, I sort of fly helis! and planks (a bit better) But as I dont fly at a club I thought it would be great to fly at home a little more often, so I built myself a knock off f450, which I have managed to get fllying well enough to start learning to fly a quad, amd be a lot easier to star learning to fly fpv, after trying to get a plank in the air for a long while, but found it to difficult to sort gear and try to learn fpv on my own. So went the quad route thinking I can do it all at home. Was the best decision I have made in a while, finally maidened fpv this morning, bloody awesome!! Ran a pack thru the quad, will run another later this morning when I settle down a little! I will obviously need a lot of practice to get used to lack of depth perception and the perspective. I was amazed just how good a picture I am getting. Flying with a ground station and monitor for the moment. Anyway I feel I can now post here as a legit fpv flyer! Anyway I would be interested in finding some one around this way who would be interested in catching up, I would like to fly elsewhere an I know another set of eyes will help with getting gear sorted better. Anyway to all who have posted here and I have picked up on there knowledge and experience..Thank-you.
Neal
PS I am apparently on the wrong side of fifty!?
Nice work! Just wait till you try a mini quad

There are a lot of people flying FPV in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area now. Not sure about Beaudesert.

I hate Facebook but there's a group there called FPV QLD where a lot of people seem to hang out.
Strepto42 is offline Find More Posts by Strepto42
Old Feb 17, 2016, 03:52 PM
Find More Posts by neale
Joined Jul 2008
789 Posts
Thanks Strepto42
I shall have a look for the site,may give me some help, thanks.
After a few flights getting the Naze32 tuned and a couple of flights fpv I am hooked, looking at some ZMR 250 frames at the moment!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 04:59 AM
Find More Posts by Nicoduf
Australia, WA, Albany
Joined Oct 2014
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Strepto42
After a few flights getting the Naze32 tuned and a couple of flights fpv I am hooked, looking at some ZMR 250 frames at the moment!
ZMRs are a great learning platform. You can practice your FPV reasonably low to the ground, and if you crash you've got pretty good chances of not breaking anything (apart from props obviously).

In regards to the field of view, it helps to keep a small amount of forward momentum and again, fly pretty low . Maybe find an open area with a few landmarks (footy goals or a few trees) and practice going around there, from point A to B to C and back for example. As you get more confident make the track more challenging
Nicoduf is online now Find More Posts by Nicoduf
Old Feb 18, 2016, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by neale
Joined Jul 2008
789 Posts
I will take that advice and use it. I think the footy feild close to home here would be good, I need a lot more room at the moment!!
Neal
Old Feb 18, 2016, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by Strepto42
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jun 2012
506 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Strepto42
No worries!
Strepto42 is offline Find More Posts by Strepto42