HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2010, 04:36 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Dec 2007
439 Posts
i don't know how many times i tried to hand launch the f-22 starscream when i first got it(years ago) and it would not fly, just nose dive into the ground. I was not not holding it right. you have to hold the very tip of the nose a gently toss it and it will take right off.
twinprop is online now Find More Posts by twinprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:45 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,472 Posts
bought that MMv3 for $20, flies great, much better than its BR big brothers, minimal adjustments req'd on trim knob......lucky I guess?

anybody torn one down and weighrd the individual components? looking for an RX weight (what I really bought it for, along with special(?)7mms......). Also wondering if anyone did a range test with the MMv3......
airfoil'd is offline Find More Posts by airfoil'd
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:56 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil'd View Post
bought that MMv3 for $20, flies great, much better than its BR big brothers, minimal adjustments req'd on trim knob......lucky I guess?

anybody torn one down and weighrd the individual components? looking for an RX weight (what I really bought it for, along with special(?)7mms......). Also wondering if anyone did a range test with the MMv3......
Hi
Im glad someone got a good one
Heres the one i had
Do enjoy
MAV Flight 001.MOV (0 min 44 sec)

Thats after a full charge it never flew more then a minute at a time
And after 30 or so seconds it wouldnt hover higher than a few inches of the floor
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1,472 Posts
Maybe try the gear running AA props.

My game plane was to drop it in the AHF-18 frame if the range was good enough. That frame carried an MSL lipo with JS rx and 7mms. The original BR also operated a plunger actuator proportionally (elevator). Maybe the MM does as well.

Might be a good scratchbuild.

Right now mine is flying too good to cannibalize.

Wouldn't mind getting that weight and range info, though.....
airfoil'd is offline Find More Posts by airfoil'd