HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2013, 01:47 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Discussion
New F3P-Sequence for Rookies

As the old national F3P-C sequence is about 10 years old, I thought it was time to create something new to adjust the difficulty level to the current F3P-models and to make it easier for the pilots to move to the next level.

The sequence has been tested live yesterday during the Rhein-Neckar-Pokal in Mannheim/Germany and the pilots liked it.

It is a turnaround sequence, but only the stall turn will be judged. The half circles to connect the maneuvers are for positioning only.

1. Start - Standard S-Pattern ("Digital Score" 0 or 10)
2. Loop
3. Roll
4. Stall Turn
5. Square Loop
6. Inverted flight with 1/2 rolls at entry and exit
7. Horizontal Figure Eight
8. Knife Edge with 1/4 rolls at entry and Exit
9. Landing ("Digital Score" 0 or 10)

Your comments / feedback are appreciated.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:14 PM
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Dec 2010
274 Posts
being a rookie in F3P (even at 60, I am a rookie. LOL) I LIKE IT!!!!
carlnoki is offline Find More Posts by carlnoki
Old Dec 09, 2013, 06:33 AM
Belgium
Joined May 2012
55 Posts
Hello Jürgen,

I've flown the existing F3P-C schedule for the last 2 years in Belgium.

This new schedule looks challenging and being a turnaround schedule it is getting closer to the B and A schedules. I like it.

2 remarks/suggestions:
In the existing schedule 'vertical' and 'horizontal' figures alternate (stall turn, roll, half cuban eight, inverted circle, loop). In the new schedule the first part are maily vertical figures (except for the roll), and the second part are horizontal figures only. By having a 'vertical' figure in the last part of the sequence pilots will have to pay more attention to throttle management (and that is a good lesson for the B and A schedules).

Have you been thinking about a ' simple hover' in the rookie sequence? Something like: Pull 90° - straight vertical line - hover 3 seconds (no torque) - straight vertical line - Push 90°.

I'll give this one a go during the next trainingsessions anyway.
HansL is offline Find More Posts by HansL
Last edited by HansL; Dec 09, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2013, 03:16 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansL View Post
By having a 'vertical' figure in the last part of the sequence pilots will have to pay more attention to throttle management (and that is a good lesson for the B and A schedules).

Have you been thinking about a ' simple hover' in the rookie sequence? Something like: Pull 90° - straight vertical line - hover 3 seconds (no torque) - straight vertical line - Push 90°.
Hi Hans,

The horizontal figure eight is quite difficult to fly perfect and requires some throttle management as well.

I did not want to challenge F3P-Rookies with a "hovering manoeuvre".

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 11, 2013, 02:29 AM
Belgium
Joined May 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post

I did not want to challenge F3P-Rookies with a "hovering manoeuvre".
Maybe with the next update
Old Today, 10:54 AM
Belgium
Joined May 2012
55 Posts
Hello Jürgen,

We are flying the proposed Rookie sequence in Belgium and the Netherlands. But there seems to be some discussion about the stall turn.
Is the stall turn a turnaround figure or is it to be considered as a figure flown at the center line?

Accordingly to the Aresti it is a turnaround figure (flown directly after the roll and the square loop is flown directly after the stall turn). But this video shows that the stall turn is not flown directly after the roll. In the video the stall turn is a figure at the centerline (in fact it is flown a little bit after the center line)
F3P C New (2 min 19 sec)
Last edited by HansL; Today at 02:52 PM.