HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What style of Turnigy 1/16 vehicle do you prefer?
Rally Extreme 40 40.40%
Mini Trooper 36 36.36%
Racing Buggy 23 23.23%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 04:36 AM
Joined Oct 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
I would be depending on my plastic arms not surviving the hard hits is the point though. The arm breaks, easy fix, hopefully nothing else does... even those inner upper suspension holders are kind of a pain to replace versus replacing an arm.
I think you don't need to worry about breaking suspension holders...mine survived all kind of hard crashes...I think you have more chance to bend shock tower or strip diff case screw holes (during all maintanance and modifying) than to break suspension holders.
nofeardh is offline Find More Posts by nofeardh
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofeardh View Post
I think you don't need to worry about breaking suspension holders...mine survived all kind of hard crashes...I think you have more chance to bend shock tower or strip diff case screw holes (during all maintanance and modifying) than to break suspension holders.
Hm, maybe I'll try a set out then on my minitrooper. It would let me run the wheels I want to run at least on it.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,265 Posts
Quote:
I did this way and It fits perfectly....shaft is still long enough. Bigger problem is with little screw on shaft end that keeps from falling off the shaft. Original screw is too small....I tried with additional shim but there is not enough space between shaft and diff to fit additional shim.

And maybe you will need to drill out basher outdrive cups because the may be too long and dogbone can't rotate....I have longer Inferno ST arms and I have this problem.

I'm still waiting for second basher diff from Hobbyking...It's still on backorder.
I don't see that screw in the manual diagram of the mini basher.

I know it's part of the slipper shaft, but with the hole dilled out for the pinion pin do you need the screw to hold the diff pinion on?

(keep in mind please, I haven't taken my nc basher apart yet, I'm just looking at the manual)
Old Today, 01:51 AM
Joined Oct 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
I don't see that screw in the manual diagram of the mini basher.

I know it's part of the slipper shaft, but with the hole dilled out for the pinion pin do you need the screw to hold the diff pinion on?

(keep in mind please, I haven't taken my nc basher apart yet, I'm just looking at the manual)
Well....without screw pinion gear can fall off the shaft into the diff case..Basher is using outdrive cup which can't fall out of the diff case. I don't know if there is situation that shaft can move forward. But I think nothing prevent that situation except that little screw.

Pin is there just to prevent pinion gear to rotate on shaft....It doesn't go through the pinion. Sorry I can't explain better with my english

Or you can use CA glue on pinion gear.
Old Today, 01:55 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,265 Posts
Quote:
Well....without screw pinion gear can fall off the shaft into the diff case..Basher is using outdrive cup which can't fall out of the diff case. I don't know if there is situation that shaft can move forward. But I think nothing prevent that situation except that little screw.

Pin is there just to prevent pinion gear to rotate on shaft....It doesn't go through the pinion. Sorry I can't explain better with my english

Or you can use CA glue on pinion gear.
I see the problem. Maybe red loctite a "missing" bearing into place on the slipper shaft... that would keep the shaft from moving into the diff case maybe. And maybe also glue that bearing to the diff housing.

Yeah, I assumed the pin was there just to rotate the pinion (like on other RCs, or wheel hexes), but it also stops the shaft from sliding further through the pinion into the diff. And I'm thinking that the loctited missing bearing would stop the slipper from pulling out of the pinion (the opposite direction).

I think the meshing of the ring and pinion alone keep the pinon from falling off into the diff case in these type of diffs. My 1/10 trooper uses a similar design.
Last edited by finguz; Today at 02:05 AM.
Old Today, 02:04 AM
Joined Oct 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
I see the problem. Maybe red loctite a "missing" bearing into place on the slipper shaft... that would keep the shaft from moving into the diff case maybe.
Yes maybe...I have solution with shaft ready at home...I can post pictures tonight...I'm just waiting for HK to send me new basher diff...I already have one in front diff case.
Old Today, 02:10 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,265 Posts
Quote:
Yes maybe...I have solution with shaft ready at home...I can post pictures tonight...I'm just waiting for HK to send me new basher diff...I already have one in front diff case.
Cool, btw I added a little to my previous message. But either way, I am excited to see what you find. It seems like you are just as eager to find a solution to the weak diffs as I am . I never knew they were so weak until I tried a motor with the least bit more torque than the stocker... the stock motor has perfect torque for these diffs. Even with 3s I never had a problem with the diffs, at least onroad... or with 2s offroad the diffs even last a decent amount of time. But get a motor with just a little more torque than stock and there goes the diffs. I should've listened to you guys before , jk.
Old Today, 02:20 AM
Joined Oct 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
I think the meshing of the ring and pinion alone keep the pinon from falling off into the diff case in these type of diffs. My 1/10 trooper uses a similar design.
That's true about mesh keeping gear in place...but I had a situation where little screw was loose on shaft...I noticed that because second (front) bearing was half outside diff case (I don't use glue there) and spur gear was wobbling. Maybe center shaft kept slipper shaft from falling out.
Old Today, 02:22 AM
Joined Oct 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Cool, btw I added a little to my previous message. But either way, I am excited to see what you find. It seems like you are just as eager to find a solution to the weak diffs as I am . .
My little Turnigy is on my table just in off season time...and I have time for those problems. During summer season I prefer racing with my Xray 1/8 buggy which doesn't cause my any problems (knock knock)
Last edited by nofeardh; Today at 02:37 AM.
Old Today, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,265 Posts
Yeah I wish HK would restock the diff parts soon, I would like to try a bunch of things out.