SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
795 Posts
Discussion
Guardian software

How do I get the software for the Guardian? All I seem to be able to get is the software for the recorder.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi dirtybird, the name of our software is "Data Recorder" (we should rename it!), but that is also the correct software for the Guardian (release version 10.44 from our website is the best version). When you launch the software, it will prompt you to connect the Guardian to USB.
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:40 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
795 Posts
I finally figured it out. I have had a recorder for many years. When I load the recorder it makes me choose a previously recorded file. Then I have to choose hardware on the menu and guardian 2d 3d from the list that comes up. Then I have to have the Guardian connected to the USB port or the software will freeze.
None of this is straight forward.
When I downloaded the software on to another computer I could choose Guardian from the list that came up. Again I had to connect the unit to the USB port to continue.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi dirtybird,

The way things are set up now, the following should happen:

1) If you have only a Guardian 2D/3D, the software will expect the 2D/3D to be connected when the software is started, and will prompt for connection if it is not. Once the device is connected, the Guardian UI appears.

2) If you use our software with some of our other products (recorder, eLogger, OSD, etc.) and also use the Guardian 2D/3D, the "data recorder" main software screen will appear each time you launch the software. Then, if you want to configure the Guardian 2D/3D, this is done by clicking "Hardware, Configure Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer" which launches the Guardian UI.

It sounds like this is what you are seeing? However, two things are confusing:
1) when you start the software, you say it prompts for a previously recorded file? That should not be happening. Can you give me the exact text that appears with that message?
2) When you say the software locks up wen you click "Configure Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer" are you saying it doesn't put up a message saying the Guardian is not connected? That is what it should do (and what it does in my testing of 10.44 here just now).
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor