HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:00 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang1 View Post
Then the 'distributor' as good as tells the guy offering to review the engine that he's a tight a$$ because he doesn't want to buy an engine to help the 'distributor' promote his product?

John.
Only reson I can see is that he is not happy to have the engine tested. We can only guess if he has doubts in me or the engine.

Anyway I'm still happy to test it if he changes his mind.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:56 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Come on guys.... let's play nice. LittlePiston has one on the way, and he will let us know if JJ has stepped up, and improved on the quality.

But... remarking on an earlier thought: I was saying that +800 *c was WAY too hot. But Henke said that the tail cone wasn't glowing. I went back and watched the vid... and after they show the hot reading... they pan back to the engine, and you can see the glow for just a second or two, and then it looks normal. THEN... they pan back down to data terminal. BUT... it is now reading 130K RPM. So... what I think is, they showed the engine, as they were pulling it back to idle.

But, as I was saying... LittlePiston will be able to let us know what the real scoop is.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:42 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
My JC rabbit at full throttle runs at 765°
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:01 AM
USA, MI, Rockwood
Joined Oct 2006
22 Posts
my jjr is on its way back for the Netherlands .Martin worked on it. he was tested it last week at 0c. Made 2kg @ 245,000 and 620c,2.3@250,000 and 700c. It should be back in a few days .Waiting on an exhaust probe and electric starter from Joe they may be here this week also. I will have to modify the starter as I run a shorter turbine shaft and compressor wheel.with luck I may run it next weekend.
idleup1 is offline Find More Posts by idleup1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:28 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idleup1 View Post
my jjr is on its way back for the Netherlands .Martin worked on it. he was tested it last week at 0c. Made 2kg @ 245,000 and 620c,2.3@250,000 and 700c. It should be back in a few days .Waiting on an exhaust probe and electric starter from Joe they may be here this week also. I will have to modify the starter as I run a shorter turbine shaft and compressor wheel.with luck I may run it next weekend.
That's one way of solving problems, but I guess the other Martin does not work for free either ;-)
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:53 AM
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston View Post
Well i talked to CRX and i have a JJJ on order from there! you guys will be the first to see the pictures when i open the box.It will take about two weeks to order/build and test so im told.
Did you get your engine yet?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:06 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Two weeks bud.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Two weeks bud.

I guess I missed that on the post I quoted. (i'm an idiot)
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:36 PM
Joined Oct 2005
65 Posts
Quote:
My JC rabbit at full throttle runs at 765°
Really? In my flying group we have 7 Rabbits between us. None of them even run close to 700. They are both open installs and bypassed installs. We compare our running conditions all the time to determine if the turbine needs servicing. We are at 650' ASL. Maybe you need to get that checked out.
Jeremy300 is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy300
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:05 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
no its been in the shop plenty
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:15 PM
USA, MI, Rockwood
Joined Oct 2006
22 Posts
700 is the Max temp I wanted to run . I'll test run this weekend. With auto start ecu I can't run past 243,000. Should be closer to 650 at lower rpm. Even 700 is way less than actual p20 temp if you watch henke's p20 vrs t25 test.
idleup1 is offline Find More Posts by idleup1
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:09 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,526 Posts
I know this thread is on the J Jr. but I thought I would post something on another Jet Joe turbine as FYI. A few weeks ago I ordered a refurbished JJ 1800 from Andy at CRX Turbines (www.crxdesigns.com). I got a refurbished unit as it was what fit my budget (I am retired and on a fixed income). I got the engine earlier this week and ran it for the first time today. This is my first turbine and I have to say that I think the engine performed really well. I got the autostart and it worked just as advertised. I had a long time turbine guy helping me with it and he commented that it ran well, was balanced and the throttle repsonse was very good. I could not be more delighted.

Littlepiston, sorry for posting on your J Jr thread and I hope you don't mind but I thought I would offer my experience with the JJ and Andy. Now I just have to finish the plane.

Ed
A10pilot is online now Find More Posts by A10pilot
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
its getting closer!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:29 PM
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Joined Jun 2011
226 Posts