HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:47 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
Discussion
Where do you put your ESCs?

So, I am the proud owner of a brand new beautiful hexacopter build based off a SIXcopter from Jakub.

I have the frame almost fully assembled (though with the top off so I can put power distribution in), which means the top thing on my mind right now is wiring the electronics.

The next thing is, where to put the ESCs?

Right now the only decent looking option appears to be loading the ESCs on the top of the plate, surrounding the FCU. I really am not sure if the high freq, high power lines will interfere with the FCU in any noticeable way.

Thoughts? Pictures of other hexacopter ESC placement would also be much appreciated.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:49 AM
CDW
Vienna, Austria
Joined Jun 2004
61 Posts
I also have the Jakub frame but with the 16mm CF tubes.

It seems easier for the larger frame 21 or 25 but with the 16, there are not to much space between the plates.I tried many options, above the top plate, between the plates, side ways between, sticking out halfway etc. but yesterday I attached them below the bottom plate.

I am still in the process of installing as my APM etc. positions are not yet fixed. I am waiting for one ESC that was faulty which I had to send back to the UK so can't do anything further for now.

Regards
Chris
CDW is offline Find More Posts by CDW
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:40 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,253 Posts
This is how I did mine https://picasaweb.google.com/1081737...14520392110098

You can also mount them between each arm across the face of the opening between the plates, there are actually holes in the plates for zip ties to do that. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1641
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Last edited by flitelab; Dec 31, 2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Nov 2009
295 Posts
THX Flitelab...
yes this is one of the best places to install ess
peoples is offline Find More Posts by peoples
Site Sponsor