Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:17 PM
Austrian FPV Freak
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
251 Posts
Discussion
Red Bull Cobra - Video collection

Hi guys,
a friend of mine flies this amazing Cobra now since a few years. Many of you will know him - because his model is unique (even if he now has a second one...).
It's also stated to be the worlds largest RC Helicopter (this excludes military or professional grade drones).
Yesterday he did another great display on our local flying field and I got some new shots (including onboard views).
The sound from INSIDE the cockpit is just amazing when he powers up this heli!
This time we were could mount 2 cams on the heli. Cockpit-Cam was FlyCamoneHD (but zoomed in by errror) and on the "wing" we had a gopro with shakes but impressive views.

Worlds largest RC Heli ONBOARD VIEWS!!! (Josef Schmirls RED BULL Cobra) (5 min 19 sec)

Also make sure to watch the other videos and ►►SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel to get the latest RC stuff delivered once a week (at least) ;-)
►FACEBOOK
►MY BLOG
►Cobra Video Playlist

Greetings,
RCSchim
schim is offline Find More Posts by schim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Another one ?? !!!! Wow !!! I marveled at the 1st one now there's a second Red Bull Heli !!!!! The detail is simply amazing !!! The pilots are just way to cool . Now my questions , what was that swiveling ball out on the end of the bar on the port side top of heli ? It moved with the heli as it turned or yaw . Is it a sensor of sorts ? It's mounted to a bracket off top port side front of the heli . And my 2nd question was that a door opening at the end of the vid , and looks like empty red bull cans ????? And I do have 1 more question but it's not polite to ask but how much did he spend in that beautiful heli ??? And I'm guessing he's wealthy lolo. And would like to see more video from the cockpit .
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
Austrian FPV Freak
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
251 Posts
Hi. I understood that he built the 2nd Cobra "around" the new turbine (with 11kW power). It has 37kg and is one of the few RC helis that are officially registered in austria ;-)

The "sensor" is something for the gun installed in the military version I heard. I didn't find details on that yet. Must be a wind speed indicator or something...

The bay opening is just for laughs. He installed some red bull cans there and a little cam.
The heli would cost roughly around 20-30k€ I guess. The turbine alone is at 11k€. I don't think he considers himself wealthy. He's just having a great hobby where he puts a lot of energy (drinks) into.

greez,
RCSchim
schim is offline Find More Posts by schim
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,261 Posts
Is the red bull drink can help flying well ?Can you ask the pilot in the Cobra ? Super nice video !
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
The link is going to someplace called api.viglink.com/api/click? and for me it just hangs there and never gets past it.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik