Joined Jul 2010
13,284 Posts
New Product
Nine Eagles Bravo SX

Seems like this is the successor to the popular Solo Pro:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
Solo Pro with scale body!

Thanks to XFM for posting this in the Solo Pro topic. :-)

Some more info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:59 AM
staff tecnico-prismalia-techn
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
???????

nine eagles video top secret (1 min 20 sec)
marconos is offline Find More Posts by marconos
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:11 AM
Pontiac my other Obsession
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
Looks great!! I want one....
Pontiaddict is offline Find More Posts by Pontiaddict
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,284 Posts
I wonder why they went back to the old banana shaped links again, even though they cause a phase shift in the head, making the heli move forward and a little to the right when giving forward cyclic. Perhaps the receiver will add a little left aileron to compensate for this. Otherwise it's a step back in flying characteristics...
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:41 AM
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I wonder why they went back to the old banana shaped links again, even though they cause a phase shift in the head, making the heli move forward and a little to the right when giving forward cyclic. Perhaps the receiver will add a little left aileron to compensate for this. Otherwise it's a step back in flying characteristics...
The new model is hidden behind the curtain at the end of the video accompanied by soldiers, and what you see along with the robot, is an old version.
I do not seem appropriate to take it apart its fuselage, also because then you could see the improvements and changes in the new model ...................
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:59 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconos View Post
The new model is hidden behind the curtain at the end of the video accompanied by soldiers, and what you see along with the robot, is an old version.
I do not seem appropriate to take it apart its fuselage, also because then you could see the improvements and changes in the new model ...................
The spare parts listed on that site that the pictures come from, have the old type of links listed as replacement parts, so based upon that I concluded that this type is being used once again.

Perhaps they are going to make 2 versions of the successor of the Solo Pro, just like with the coax. There is now the Bravo III which has a Hughes 500 fuse, and the Draco, which has the "fantasy" ultra light fuselage for maximum performance and durability. I can imagine they are doing the same for the single rotor, and in that case we can expect a "high performance" version which will be much lighter again. 33 grams is really heavy, adding over 4 grams to stock weight of a Solo Pro. That's like having 2 batteries strapped to it instead of one, and we know that won't make it fly better... ;-)
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 07, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:06 AM
Joined Sep 2007
210 Posts
i'm not interested in a hughes but high performance solo pro now that sounds good.

marconos u tease email me some pics plz
noobyuk is offline Find More Posts by noobyuk
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:51 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,050 Posts
Quote:
The spare parts listed on that site that the pictures come from, have the old type of links listed as replacement parts, so based upon that I concluded that this type is being used once again.
Looks like a parts list to all versions of the Solo Pro. I do not think they are going back to the old style.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Looks like a parts list to all versions of the Solo Pro. I do not think they are going back to the old style.
I thought that as well, but on the parts list the same site has for the Solo Pro, they have the new style links listed...

Perhaps the old style links have less flybar strike because of the phase shift it has? I'd hate to think what could happen if the flybar start hitting that nice scale fuselage.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:36 AM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconos View Post
This would indicate that while the new model looks like the Hughes SX shown on that other website, the internals are different from either the old or current Solo Pro. I certainly hope so, as I don't see the point of keeping the parts the same, as well as going back to the old links.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:48 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
This would indicate that while the new model looks like the Hughes SX shown on that other website, the internals are different from either the old or current Solo Pro. I certainly hope so, as I don't see the point of keeping the parts the same, as well as going back to the old links.
Sounds logical enough. Let's hope they just listed the parts wrong on that site.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 12:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2010
68 Posts
It looks really nice

I do not know how it would compare to the solo pro flying wise?

But it has allot of style, and appeal. I have seen some people modify there cb100's to try to look like this.

It's hard to explain but it looks more sophisticated.

I would not mind flying one around my living room.

Quote:
Seems like this is the successor to the popular Solo Pro:

Thanks to XFM for posting this in the Solo Pro topic. :-)

Some more info:
flyerjs is offline Find More Posts by flyerjs
Old Oct 07, 2010, 03:56 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjs View Post
I do not know how it would compare to the solo pro flying wise?

But it has allot of style, and appeal. I have seen some people modify there cb100's to try to look like this.

It's hard to explain but it looks more sophisticated.

I would not mind flying one around my living room.
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:28 PM
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Apr 2010
219 Posts
?

Quote:

Perhaps they are going to make 2 versions of the successor of the Solo Pro, just like with the coax. There is now the Bravo III which has a Hughes 500 fuse, and the Draco, which has the "fantasy" ultra light fuselage for maximum performance and durability. I can imagine they are doing the same for the single rotor, and in that case we can expect a "high performance" version which will be much lighter again. 33 grams is really heavy, adding over 4 grams to stock weight of a Solo Pro. That's like having 2 batteries strapped to it instead of one, and we know that won't make it fly better... ;-)
I'm not doing a good job, I can create problems in my country .................................
But I want to clarify:
1) I've tested has the body other than the one presented to you

2) the links are not presented in those parts of the site
(Equal to the bravo III)

3) The main frame is different from the only pro
(1cm higher then-new CG)

4) the tail set is not the same length as the only pro

5) the tail motor is larger in size

6) the tail is closer to the rotor blade

7) x-ray is different with new gyro-free mixing

In conclusion: I can not anticipate if it might present problems in the future, but I can say for now:

1) which has a flight clean, maybe he feels a little weight, but does not move anything, (maybe with canopy is best)

2) very accurate, and faster if you request it .........

3) good-looking-good
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:36 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,893 Posts
so my understanding ... two new helicopters
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a