SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:48 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonsmith View Post
Hi new guy here. Got this V120D02s as my first 6 channel helicopter. Funny that out of the box it won't take off. I notice it is always in negative pitch whenever I raise the throttle it always push the helicopter into the ground rather than taking off.

When I raise the throttle stick should it be positive pitch and take off at the same time?
If you are in NORMAL mode which you should be.. At mid throttle you should have no pitch and as you go towards full the pitch should be changing to positive.

I think you should do some more reading about CP heli's before you try and fly it so you have more of a idea what should and well be happening.. and also that you have your TX and heli set up right..

You happen to have chosen a very good heli.. If you do have the D02S model.. And you should move over to the D02S thread with your questions as this thread is for the older D02 not really the "S" one..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Nov 2011
107 Posts
well I think my lipo is officially done for with a full charge i can get three minutes :'( so sad... I'm guessing its early demise was brought on the time it crashed on the neighbors roof and was left on for about 30min until i could get to it. anyone have any recommendations on replacement batteries i saw someone said the d02s batteries were good do they use the same connector or would i need to get new connectors and solder them on?
joshstreet09 is offline Find More Posts by joshstreet09
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
I fly with rtf-heli 850mah batts.
But i also found that i over tightened screws on tail boom, may want to check that also. And gear mesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshstreet09 View Post
well I think my lipo is officially done for with a full charge i can get three minutes :'( so sad... I'm guessing its early demise was brought on the time it crashed on the neighbors roof and was left on for about 30min until i could get to it. anyone have any recommendations on replacement batteries i saw someone said the d02s batteries were good do they use the same connector or would i need to get new connectors and solder them on?
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
107 Posts
hmm never thought i may have over tightened those but i do have a tendency to torque the heck outta things, what kind of run times were you getting out of those rtf batteries?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
107 Posts
where are those batteries at on their site?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
I think it was under the v120 or xtreme products. I was getting 8 minutes easy.
I cant find any servos for this thing . It hurts having a heli and not flying it. If you buy the heli , the batteries are free lol

Quote:
where are those batteries at on their site?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Nov 2011
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I think it was under the v120 or xtreme products. I was getting 8 minutes easy.
I cant find any servos for this thing . It hurts having a heli and not flying it. If you buy the heli , the batteries are free lol
that really does suck, if i could afford it i would probably take you up on that but money is tight right now. I may have figured out my problem though "someone" put the spacer that keeps the main shaft from moving up and down on upside down so it was rubbing on the plastic bout to flip it over and recharge the battery really can't believe I um I mean "they" did that lol

btw those batteries are under the xtreme parts if anyone else is looking
Last edited by joshstreet09; Mar 14, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Sounds like wow has the servos back in stock ,i never got notified but oh well. I have missed my v120 bad. But from what i have read, a year of learning crashes and just now broke a servo gear, thant good

Quote:
that really does suck, if i could afford it i would probably take you up on that but money is tight right now. I may have figured out my problem though "someone" put the spacer that keeps the main shaft from moving up and down on upside down so it was rubbing on the plastic bout to flip it over and recharge the battery really can't believe I um I mean "they" did that lol

btw those batteries are under the xtreme parts if anyone else is looking
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:45 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Thanks wow hobbies for the fast shipping, bench test complete, i will fly the next pefect chance i have.

Quote:
Sounds like wow has the servos back in stock ,i never got notified but oh well. I have missed my v120 bad. But from what i have read, a year of learning crashes and just now broke a servo gear, thant good
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
107 Posts
Glad to hear it, weather is horrible here confining me to circuits around the living room. I'm very tempted to try a flip inside but pretty sure it would end in catastrophe
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,320 Posts
Well I tried to do a flip and did a reverse lawn dart into the ground. Split the tail boom and splintered it in front of the horizontal stabilizer where the boom supports attach to the boom.

And it still flew

Ran two more batteries through it before I went home and did some sport flying like that. No ill effects other than a little vibration and some slight hunting.

Flips sure are easier in Phoenix than IRL.

EDIT: Oops I posted this in the wrong thread somehow, was supposed to go into the D02S thread.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
My test went well. But i dont think i will be flipping this heli anymore, i find my big helis are much more stable and flip with ease. But a sim is so different, you are right, but keep up the sim work and it will show in your flying when you need it.
I do love this heli .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Well I tried to do a flip and did a reverse lawn dart into the ground. Split the tail boom and splintered it in front of the horizontal stabilizer where the boom supports attach to the boom.

And it still flew

Ran two more batteries through it before I went home and did some sport flying like that. No ill effects other than a little vibration and some slight hunting.

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,320 Posts
Quote:
My test went well. But i dont think i will be flipping this heli anymore, i find my big helis are much more stable and flip with ease. But a sim is so different, you are right, but keep up the sim work and it will show in your flying when you need it.
I do love this heli .
Phoenix will pay for itself by allowing you to push your limits without wrecking your helicopter. Simulator helis cost nothing to fix and you can be as big of a jackass with a helicopter as you want without anyone seeing you screw up or it costing you parts.

FYI the "walkera adaptor" for Phoenix is just a stereo to mono adapter. A regular stereo to mono adapter (either stereo to single mono or Y adapter) will work. And it works fine with the Devo even though it isn't listed.

Anyone know if the Trex 450 SE and Trex 450 Pro models in Phoenix fly close to the actual helicopters? Because if they are I have to say I prefer the 450 SE (and most likely the Sport) to the Pro. The Pro just seems twitchy and squirrely to me compared to the SE. I can say that the 120SR is nothing like the actual heli and flies more like a coaxial than the real helicopter.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:27 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post

And it still flew

EDIT: Oops I posted this in the wrong thread somehow, was supposed to go into the D02S thread.

Much cheaper also..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
Custom User Title: goes here
Joined May 2008
419 Posts
hello

Hi everyone, just got me a v120d02. I have had a few 6ch helis before but no 3axis gyro. I hovered it a bit with stock gyro gains, I did adjust the travel and links to get a nice controlled hover but I tried to fly a 8 pattern and lost it.

What are the best gain settings for the gyros? How do u adjust the tail gyro, and what are the knobs on the TX for? I only used dx6i before new to walkera. And the flight mode switch on the rx?
joeyjojojjjjjj is offline Find More Posts by joeyjojojjjjjj