SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:56 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Me too, have a crash from 10 feet high,only canopy & landing skid is broken, main blades are intact,LOL!Terence have already parts for it.
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Hey Darryl, did you notice some heat on tail boom? mine was warm after 2 lipo packs, maybe heat dissipation from main motor goes through alu motor holder and transit to tail boom?
On your last video, did you made some flips? how much throtle input in it?
Acrash
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:13 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Hey Darryl, did you notice some heat on tail boom? mine was warm after 2 lipo packs, maybe heat dissipation from main motor goes through alu motor holder and transit to tail boom?
On your last video, did you made some flips? how much throtle input in it?
Acrash
Hey A. I have not noticed heat from my boom, but it may be due to belt friction. Its a pretty small diameter boom to house a belt with a 1/2 twist no? LOL. Try checking your belt tension. Anyway, yes I flipped it a couple of times in the vid. The first one caught me by surprise on how quick it flipped over. The second one was flip into inverted climb and flip back around. It did not take much throttle at all. Of course at the time I was running 100% TC. I have adjusted down to 90% and like the feel there. It was very easy to flip it. Since the vid I have rolled it and tick-toc'd it and it is very quick. Still practicing my inverted hovering and 3D skills but this heli appears to be able to handle whatever I can throw at it. Don't know about Manny tho...LOL. There's the real test.

I have installed the Gaui 200 woodies and they seem to work perfect. Very stable and a lot quieter in flight. Not sure if they will hold up to 100% throttle nor 3D, but it is a cost effective alternative. Also, Helidirect has a special on CF blades where you buy 1 and get the second set for .99. Cool. Ordered a bunch last night. .
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:27 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Thanks Bud, will try !
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Hey A. I have not noticed heat from my boom, but it may be due to belt friction. Its a pretty small diameter boom to house a belt with a 1/2 twist no? LOL. Try checking your belt tension. Anyway, yes I flipped it a couple of times in the vid. The first one caught me by surprise on how quick it flipped over. The second one was flip into inverted climb and flip back around. It did not take much throttle at all. Of course at the time I was running 100% TC. I have adjusted down to 90% and like the feel there. It was very easy to flip it. Since the vid I have rolled it and tick-toc'd it and it is very quick. Still practicing my inverted hovering and 3D skills but this heli appears to be able to handle whatever I can throw at it. Don't know about Manny tho...LOL. There's the real test.

I have installed the Gaui 200 woodies and they seem to work perfect. Very stable and a lot quieter in flight. Not sure if they will hold up to 100% throttle nor 3D, but it is a cost effective alternative. Also, Helidirect has a special on CF blades where you buy 1 and get the second set for .99. Cool. Ordered a bunch last night. .
What size blades did you order? I am thinking of ordering some for my upcoming purchase. Also, what batteries are plug n play compatible so I don't have to solder...I only see the stock ones so far. Thnks!
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:39 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Jabsten, there is a lipo with stock connector here: http://www.rc711.com/shop/raiden-74v...00-p-3477.html
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:48 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Jabsten, there is a lipo with stock connector here: http://www.rc711.com/shop/raiden-74v...00-p-3477.html
Thanks man! Are those decent batteries?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Yes, i'm using it and flight time has increased for 2' with a lot of power! stock heli is a bit tail heavy so put in a bigger lipo is not bad!
Acrash
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:53 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Yes, i'm using it and flight time has increased for 2' with a lot of power! stock heli is a bit tail heavy so put in a bigger lipo is not bad!
Acrash
Sweet! Maybe I will give them a go when I get the heli...I really like the looks of this one...seems pretty stable too.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:54 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Wish Walkera used stonger material and bigger ball links for this heli.
Only issue there is that stronger ball links will transfer load to swash and then to servos. I think its better to ruin a ball link rather than a servo or the swash.

Can someone post up the dimensions of the stock battery please, alsot the weight and dimensions of holder would be great?
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker
Last edited by desertstalker; Jul 30, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:01 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
stock lipo: 9x3.5x1.5 cm
weight: 86.8g
batt holder: 9x3.4 cm
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:28 AM
Crazy Lawyer
Bardonecchia Italy
Joined Dec 2009
175 Posts
Are you satisfied of this heli?
How it fly?
Why there are not too much video on youtube?
Some experience of 3D?
billy54 is offline Find More Posts by billy54
Old Jul 31, 2010, 02:44 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I personally love the way it flies for my limited abilities. The obvious problem is parts availability in case of a mishap. I flipped it a few times, rolled her and attempted what I call tic-tocs but that's about all I am going to try until I have a bunch of parts to work with. Also, I don't think there are that many out there in the general flying population yet. Give it time and people will find out how nimble this heli is out of the box. Just my opinion of course.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Jul 31, 2010, 03:17 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
We have a Nice Upgrade Battery for the 4F200.
The NRG 2S 35C Discharge Rate with 70C Burst.
Fits in the 4F200 Battery tray.
Weight without Connector is 70grams.
Check the Walkera upgrade page of out site.
Cheers, JohnW.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 31, 2010, 04:17 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,796 Posts
Something like this may also be quite good http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...~50C_Lipo_Pack comes it several different capacities. No idea if these are any good though but they are only $8.
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker