SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
New Product
EXTREME RC's CNC Alloy fans - 64, 70, 90, 100, 120 & 127mm!!

Hey guys, the new EXTREME CNC Alloy housing/Wemo/Schubeler/Dynamax combos are now available on the website in 70mm, 90mm, & 120mm size!!

Testing on a few high power motors has given brilliant results.

The HET1W30 long can motor for 4 cells runs around 1300+ watts for 50K rpm, one of the most powerful 4 cell combos around.

The ARC2858 long can motor screams on 6 cells with a well balanced fan! Video has been posted up down the thread, this baby runs at just under 1900 watts on a 6s4000 30c pack and produces over 56K rpm for 2.5kg sustained thrust and an efflux velocity of 360kmh!! Yup more than a WM400-II fan, more out the back, less amps to do it, and can run hard all flight, none of this 10 second burst baloney Sweetest sound I have heard from the wemo yet!

We also keep Schubeler rotors in stock, DS31 & DS51 rotors to suit the 70 and 90mm housings. These rotors offer a different load to the Wemotec rotors, not as much pitch and lower amp draw in the same setup. Personally I use the Wemotec in my own setups and think its the best overall option in all the popular sizes.

Our 120mm alloy fan is available now, runs a custom Dynamax rotor and custom CNC hub, our new HET 700-98 long can motors drop straight in and the performance is excellent, 25,500rpm at 85 amps on 12 cells, around 14-15lb thrust on the stand.

Also available now are mounting brackets for all alloy housings! We are custom machining brackets to suit the fans for those planning on installing them into composite airframes. Brackets are attached with high grade silicon, I use Dow Corning 3145 which is the MilSpec product and has the highest strength available. You can also use 744 which was recommended to me by Stumax, seems to hold his carbon housings in place ok!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Apr 08, 2011 at 04:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2010, 01:28 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
NEW STOCK in next week!

Hey guys, we have a few 120mm alloy fans in stock right now, come with 5 & 6mm shaft adapters. I will be working on machining up an 8mm adapter down the track.

COMING NEXT WEEK!!
Also on the way is another batch of 70mm EXTREME fans, alloy polished housings running Wemotec Minifan PRO rotors & shaft adapters.

And finally we have our 90mm EXTREME Alloy fans coming next week! Wemotec Midifan PRO rotor & adapter standard with all the 90mm fans!!
Old May 10, 2010, 09:13 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
EXTREME Alloy fans now back in stock!! We have limited numbers of 70mm fans on hand, and quite a few 90mm fans!

I have posted up some photos below showing the difference between the Chinese Lander fans and the Extreme RC Taiwan/German made fan unit.

Fan housing weight:
The Extreme Alloy fans are lighter.
Rotor comparison:
RC-Lander rotor is cheap plastic molding & unbalanced.
Extreme Fan includes GRP molded German made dynamimcally balanced Wemotec rotor.
Shaft adapters:
RC-Lander adapter is adequate but lacks machining precision especially the washer and spinner screw!
Extreme Fan includes German made Wemotec adapter set, quality difference is visually obvious.
Housing machine work:
RC-Lander has ridges around the inside and the mill cuts are more accentuated, faster to produce, lower finish quality.
Extreme Alloy housing has cleaner milling, much smoother finish in the stators and better uniformity. Small differences but noticeable.
Last edited by Extreme_RC; May 11, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:58 PM
Guatemala, Guate
Joined Jul 2007
300 Posts
eXTREME RC ALLOY

From where are you shipping this turbines?

Do you have a dealer in USA?

Im interested in a combo pacakage with the arc motor but not sure if with the Midi fan rotor or DS-51.

This edf unit is intended for a Yellow aircraft Sting Ray.

Thanks

Juan Vadillo
Guatemala
juanjulian is offline Find More Posts by juanjulian
Old May 13, 2010, 06:16 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
We ship worldwide, shipping is quite reasonable to the USA.

I think for the power you require the wemotec version with an 8 cell setup will be the way to go, you will be at 10+ pounds thrust with this setup. We are waiting on motor stock at the moment, its been quite a while now so I am hoping to see motors in a couple of weeks.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:41 PM
Guatemala, Guate
Joined Jul 2007
300 Posts
Since I still have to build the plane Im in no hurry.

Will like to have a low current draw at a expense of high cell count (10s-12s) expecting (2500-3000watt of power)

1/1 power ratio think is to low for a jet will like a 12+ of Thrust.

Give me a nice combo price for asembled and balanced unit, ARC 36-75-1.5, wemotec rotor, and extreme alloy shroud.

Hope this will rival the ds51 with neu motor at half price.

E-mail me when you have the motors.

juanv@intelnet.net.gt

Cheers

Juan

Hope
Old May 13, 2010, 06:43 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
3675-1.5 is in stock Juan, you can order it on the website right now.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:22 PM
Guatemala, Guate
Joined Jul 2007
300 Posts
Mark

Should I need a exit nozelle to reduce the diameter to have max thrust? or your alluminum alloy shroud already has one.(like the ones wemotec has for midi fan pro)

Do you have or can make the rings or steel belt to hold the fan externally for my aplication. For what I can asume reading your web page you have a very nice shop.

I can give you some exact measurements if you need them, where the fan will go.( y/a Sting Ray)

Cheers,

Juan
Old May 19, 2010, 09:09 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
We can make a basic alloy clamp system around the fan similar to the pressed steel used with Lander fans. I have some clamps for 90mm on hand that will do the job perfectly, all you need to do is build mounting blocks up in place then screw the fan down onto them.

Exhaust ducts will be needed, the alloy cone is too large, pretty useless which is why I have asked to drop it from future shipments, all we need is the housing and the wemotec exhaust nozzles do fit on with a tiny bit of tape around the back of the housing to make it a press fit. All you need to do is work out what length of exhaust you need or can get away with. I have 10cm and 15cm on hand at the moment, 25cm arriving in a week or so.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 09:01 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
120mm fan is almost ready for testing! Just waiting on the first shipments of motors.
I have the new 700-98 series Typhoon motors on the way in the current HET order! These are some serious 560 gram inrunners with 8mm shafts and the Kv has been optimised for the 120-127mm fan range. I expect big things from these motors after the successful testing and launch of the 700-68 range.

I have tested the new 700-68-1680 and it has produced similar output levels to the ARC/Wemo 8s combo. Further testing will be done this weekend back to back to confirm the results but this is looking to be another hot ticket for 8s 90mm setups.
Last edited by Extreme_RC; Aug 15, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2010, 09:30 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
Here is the Extreme Alloy 70mm Wemotec fan running ARC 2858-1 inrunner on 6s 25c ELITE pack. I think this is about the most efficient 2.5+KG of thrust I have seen so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY-6Kq0nHvo

Am having a lot of trouble with the video soundfile, there is distortion every time I render the vid in whatever format, even with the levels cut back 12dB its still noticeable in the background. Have to work on this.
Old Jul 08, 2010, 07:15 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
New power run with exhaust velocity tested this time. This is the most efflux speed I have seen advertised for any 70mm fan setup around! 360kmh!!

The thrust matches the best of them, the watts are lower than most! What more could you ask for!

EXTREME RC AUSTRALIA - Extreme ALLOY 70mm Fan with Efflux (1 min 18 sec)
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:20 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
Fan mounting brackets are now available to order with your alloy fan!

I am custom machining the brackets from standard extrusion, from 127mm right down to the new 64mm housings when they arrive.

I will get them up on the website as soon as possible, the cost will reflect basically the labour in them as the material is worth very little.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 09:59 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
The skyworld Cast 70mm housings are in stock and the fans are up on the website.

Our fans will continue to be primarily wemotec based although we do have the factory 70mm with 8 blade nylon rotor available as well as HET 6904 rotor sets available.

The cast housing is a good gap filler for those who are not running super high power setups and need tabs as standard, although the tabs are very small and can only really take 2mm screws. The housing is also 10mm shorter in front of the motor which means the intake lip area is closer to the rotor and the higher spec rotors like HET6904 and Wemo Minifan are getting rather close to the front of the fan housing.

I will continue to stock our CNC Alloy housings with our optional brackets as I feel the CNC machined housing is stronger and more accurately made. It is also longer and provides a better intake tunnel for higher spec rotors like the Wemotec and HET rotors, and with our soon to be released straight intake section, the user will have easier installs into glass ducting in our HET, Sapac and JTM models.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 10:00 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,719 Posts
The 120mm fan combo is available on the website now, here is a pic of the complete unit, weighs in at 1015 grams ready to install and run.

Its been bitter cold here so testing has been hampered by battery temps, but the basic figures for a 12s setups are as follows.

Test figures:
43.15v / 87A / 3750W / 25,560rpm / 334kmh Efflux velocity.

This velocity is from an FSA of 105% as I havent had time to roll up a thrust tube for this fan, it requires a 96mm outlet for 90% FSA. I will make up a thrust tube as soon as I assemble another one, this one is going to its new owner today