HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:58 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Hey guys what are the differences between these items?

Motor (PKZUM1016)
Gearbox (PKZUM1027)
Found in the SU26XP

&

Motor (PKZ3616)
Gearbox (PKZ3527)
Found in recent warbird releases

I need to pick up some new gearboxes namely the PKZ3527, but I found that these ones were half the price but looked more or less the same PKZUM1027
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 29, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
oops, double post
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:25 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
As far as what I have heard around here, the p51 gearbox/motor setup is the fastest/most powerful. Whether or not this information is correct, is beyond me. I just know I use the p51 motor gearbox combo for all my scratch builds/replacement parts and they work perfectly.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:06 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
The difference is probably lead length and how far the posts on the gearbox or something like that, I would assume the actual power components are identical.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:50 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Thanks guys.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

New BLH3904 BL UM gearbox conversion thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:55 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Hey guys what are the differences between these items?

Motor (PKZUM1016)
Gearbox (PKZUM1027)
Found in the SU26XP

&

Motor (PKZ3616)
Gearbox (PKZ3527)
Found in recent warbird releases

I need to pick up some new gearboxes namely the PKZ3527, but I found that these ones were half the price but looked more or less the same PKZUM1027
The difference between the motors is the wire length. The PKZUM1016 has short leads, the PKZ3616 has mid length wires. The EFL9052 has the longest wires (and is usually the cheapest).

The above motor mounts are the same. The difference is the PKZUM1027 has a clear "champ style" nut, while the PKZ3527 has a white, hard plastic nut on the back of the shaft.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:06 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The difference between the motors is the wire length. The PKZUM1016 has short leads, the PKZ3616 has mid length wires. The EFL9052 has the longest wires (and is usually the cheapest).

The above motor mounts are the same. The difference is the PKZUM1027 has a clear "champ style" nut, while the PKZ3527 has a white, hard plastic nut on the back of the shaft.
Do you know of any differences in the gearing, or do both gearboxes run the same spurs?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:07 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Do you know of any differences in the gearing, or do both gearboxes run the same spurs?
All the gearing of Every Parkzone, Eflight, Hobbyzone or Kyosho 8.4mm motor's plane is exactly the same (they all use the same size pinion and spur gear)

8.4mm helicopters or 6mm motor gearboxes can have different gear ratios, but the 8.4mm planes are all the same.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,005 Posts
After a midair chopped the covering on my micro kite, it got recovered...now its also got lights... AUW now 40.5gms.. but I have used an 85Mah to run the lights.. they are running well below their optimum amps so the tiny lipo should last for ages
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:16 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,019 Posts
Yes since the lights are probably 30 mA, the battery should last a couple hours or more, BUT, you must catch it before it drags the battery down below 3.3 Volts!
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
I have to say that I'm almost at breaking point my my stupid as3x brick.

1. It took me hours to install the programming software on win7, stupid drivers wouldnt attach to it.

2. After programing it I have lost the AS3X function, not one of the 3 gyros work anymore. I cant even revert back to the factory settings. I have tried every model config setup but still no as3x.

3. I just found out you cant run dual ailerons, in such a way that they work as flaps too. Well you can get them to work but the gyros only on 1 aileron.

4. there is no ch1 output for BL ESCs, you have to use a different ch and mix it to the throttle. This sucks up a ch and a mix setting.

Im disappointed with HH on this one, for such a prestigious company they sure didnt think the as3x programming through

Edit: I got my AS3X to function again. Because Im in germany on a german computer the region was set to germany, duh! In the german numerical system they use ',' instead of '.', this somehow corrupted the model config files, so I had to change the region to Australia where full stops are full stops and commas are commas. After reprogramming it under the australian region the AS3X now works again

EDITED AGAIN: I just got the dual ailerons to work too both have as3x and both act as flaps I activated dual ailerons on my DX6i and on the brick
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 30, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:28 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,521 Posts
Quote:
I have to say that I'm almost at breaking point my my stupid as3x brick.

1. It took me hours to install the programming software on win7, stupid drivers wouldnt attach to it.

2. After programing it I have lost the AS3X function, not one of the 3 gyros work anymore. I cant even revert back to the factory settings. I have tried every model config setup but still no as3x.

3. I just found out you cant run dual ailerons, in such a way that they work as flaps too. Well you can get them to work but the gyros only on 1 aileron.

4. there is no ch1 output for BL ESCs, you have to use a different ch and mix it to the throttle. This sucks up a ch and a mix setting.

Im disappointed with HH on this one, for such a prestigious company they sure didnt think the as3x programming through

Edit: I got my AS3X to function again. Because Im in germany on a german computer the region was set to germany, duh! In the german numerical system they use ',' instead of '.', this somehow corrupted the model config files, so I had to change the region to Australia where full stops are full stops and commas are commas. After reprogramming it under the australian region the AS3X now works again

EDITED AGAIN: I just got the dual ailerons to work too both have as3x and both act as flaps I activated dual ailerons on my DX6i and on the brick
From rags to riches all in one post.
good work!
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:49 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
From rags to riches all in one post.
good work!
Back to rags The dual aileron setup doesnt work after all

At first I just plugged some servos in and tested if they moved when flicking the switches/sticks, which they did, however I didnt pay attention to the direction they were moving.

After setting everything up properly the ailerons were actually moving in the same direction, but so were the flaps

So now I have a difficult choice to make:

Run dual ailerons with flaps, and have elevator/flap mixing. However only one aileron will have the gyro on it.

or

Connect the ailerons with a Y harness both running with the gyro. However loose the flaps and mixing.

or

Switch off the as3x and keep the flaps and mixing.

What would you guys do
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:12 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
All the gearing of Every Parkzone, Eflight, Hobbyzone or Kyosho 8.4mm motor's plane is exactly the same (they all use the same size pinion and spur gear)

8.4mm helicopters or 6mm motor gearboxes can have different gear ratios, but the 8.4mm planes are all the same.
thanks
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
Moderador.
guadalajara, jalisco, mexico
Joined Sep 2002
9,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyceroy View Post
Here's one in the works .. Pres Bruning SBC-4 Hell Diver free flight.. 18 inch wingspan .. rudder elevator .. i am still trying to decide on tissue covering or solarfilm..
If you let me to say... your plane will needs dihedral nice model.
Alfredo Rubio is offline Find More Posts by Alfredo Rubio