SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by A.T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:13 PM
Smoke me a Kipper
Cedar Grove North Carolina
Joined Oct 2006
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
I found a 2 cell 15c 1300mah pack that I think will work great.. The size seems correct.. I love this radio, but I spend a ton of time fine-tuning and flying..The stock pack only gets me threw a morning of flying.. Hitec needs to upgrade the A9 to a Lipoli..

Ps... Love the throttle curve tuning.., and the expo is fine as long as you add app. 10%-12% more than your last radio.. I ended up going from
75% to 85%
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16797

What do you call the kind of fitting you have to put on the end of the lipo to use in in the A9?
fritzdecat is offline Find More Posts by fritzdecat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
I found a 2 cell 15c 1300mah pack that I think will work great.. The size seems correct.. I love this radio, but I spend a ton of time fine-tuning and flying..The stock pack only gets me threw a morning of flying.. Hitec needs to upgrade the A9 to a Lipoli..
Ps... Love the throttle curve tuning.., and the expo is fine as long as you add app. 10%-12% more than your last radio.. I ended up going from
75% to 85%
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16797
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzdecat View Post
What do you call the kind of fitting you have to put on the end of the lipo to use in in the A9?
Please start a separate thread for any new comments re Lipo in Aurora.

A 1300 Lipo is not, IMO, an improvement on the factory supplied battery as far as time is concerned.
Aurora 9 - Battery Installed ex Factory is part #54128 "TX NiMH battery (6 cell) Pack (Flat Type) for AUR (RA9) 7.2v / 1300 MAh"(not an Eneloop 2000)...... Includes notes on Battery Compartment Size, Alternate Batteries and 2S Lipo Capabilities for Aurora & Optima RX. see also the notes on probable need to adjust the size of the two rubber pads and voltages.

Other Aurora 9 Battery FAQ, includes connectors, under:
Aurora 9 - Lipo & Field Charging. includes Fast Charge Aurora, Eclipse 7, Flash 4&5, Laser, Optic 6, Prism 7 etc.
[A Retail Example: Hitec Tx Male Connector Amperage Rating: 5 Amps, Wire Size: 22awg, Leads: 8"
Application: Hitec Aurora, Eclipse 7, Prism, Flash, Lynx FX, Focus SS, Optic 6.

refer post #01 this thread.
Aurora 9 - Battery is not charged. Charge before first use so as not to damage battery. Battery is 1300 mAh_charge rate is 80 mAh (to minimise damage if left on to long at any time) = 19-20 hours for first full charge - please read the further details.
Aurora 9 - Lipo User Adjustable Voltage sets Shut Down = TURNS TX OFF to save damage to Lipo Battery and/or TX
(Audible Battery Warning is still at 6.9V with Lipo which provides say 10-20 min before shutdown.)
Aurora 9 - Warning Alarms Battery types, voltage levels and consumption. CAUTION - Leave Auto Hibernation (was Auto Power Off prior to V1.06) as "Never" when using Lipo Battery. During "Auto Hibernation" (as with laptops) TX Does Not Switch everything Off and batteries will be completely drained if TX switch is not manually moved to the off position in good time. Remove battery and store separately if TX is to be unused for a period.
Aurora 9 - Diode in TX Charge Circuit Never Jump TX Charge Circuit Diode - Hitec FAQ.

Previous suggestions for Lipo include
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1155276
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1041

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Feb 28, 2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:38 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Again, please start a new thread under:

Hitec/Multiplex USA - Vendor Support forum

For every new question relating to the Aurora 9 or AFHSS system.

New questions submitted as separate posts under the Hitec/Multiplex USA support forum will stand out and thus be better answered by the wider Hitec Team knowledge base.

This FAQ thread is maintained to keep post #1 updated, usually daily, with information relating to Q & A on forums world wide, and Hitec information releases.

Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 28, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:28 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
subscribe
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old May 02, 2011, 06:07 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
After Market Accessories - Caution re Ignition Systems, Leads, Modules & Switches

This post/header supersedes FAQ page entry dated 22Mar2011 as:
Aurora 9 - Throttle Control - V1.08 Opti-kill _ Sparkswitch - Duralite & Powerbox etc.

Original post 19 Dec 2010
"No previous reported problem nor any known local users with a "Opti Kill" with which to test.
1. Function working can be verified in Monitor screen as well as with a servo. Should be no need to extend EPA,
perhaps that has exceeded parameter of units design as reported with some JR/Spektrum servos.
2. Downloaded instruction manual, copy attached. First thought is that the plug into the RX socket is upside down
- Black should line up with Black of Hitec leads. - refer page 2&3 of attached sheet.
- Similar problems/results reported with other brand TX may assist.
. Help with Opti Kill Switch 9C
. Help with Opti Kill Switch 7C
. Miracle Switch With Intermittant Wiring.
"He repaired it and checked his other Miracle switch finding wiring almost broken on that switch also."
He was advised to build a platform to secure the repaired wiring to so that it won't vibrate and fail. " - 50cc Yak.

If using any form of aftermarket Opto-Coupled Remote Gas Engine Kill Switch, such as Opti-Kill
or other brand of electronic switch or electronic accessory / add-on, to prevent any potential conflict,
check for correct servo port setting as "Nor" or "Rev" to be used.
e.g. Opti-Kill's servo port should be "Rev" when used with an Aurora V1.08+. This is similar to using an ESC which works
with majority of brand's servo port set to "NOR" but will only work correctly with say Futaba TX set to "REV"
(e.g. all Futaba servos work in reverse direction to Hitec/JR/Sanwa/Airtronics etc.)

Otherwise, please refer direct to the owner, Ken Anderson, of "42 Percent Products Opti-Kill" .

. Do Not Use RCEXL & Others which have a Common Ground (Negative) line as an Optical Kill Switch!
- refer pictures of circuit and How To Correct where possible.

3. EDL Kill Switch - ElectroDynamics, Inc.
- reply to an inquiry & reason some may experience problems with other type Opti-Kill devices but not an EDL Kill Switch.

4. RFI Prevention - Ensure "R" type plug and/or Cap is fitted to Petrol Engines.
quote: "There are two types of CM6 plug, one is standard NGK CM6 spark plug
but the one which should be used is the NGK CMR6A "R" resistor plug.
Spark Plug Caps, as pictured, rarely include an internal RFI suppression resistor."

------------------------------------------------------

"Hitec RCD cannot assure compatibility with non-Hitec equipment.
There's just too much of it out there for them to be able to test.
It's also not their responsibility to insure such compatibility.
The maker of the non-Hitec equipment must make sure their items are compatible
- if they are making such a claim.
Many times, non-Hitec equipment is used with Hitec equipment even when no claims of compatibility
are made by the maker of the non-Hitec equipment, yet the modeler expects universal compatibility."

.. A typical corresponding posts from other brand distributors:
Interference - Ignition Noise
"Many electronic companies who make electronic accessories do not test their equipment's RF output
to see if they meet FCC standards and/or if they create excessive RF in any of the active RC Frequencies
world wide. 27, 35, 36, 40, 41, 72, and now 900 and 2.4." - Mike Greenshields - Product Manager Airtronics - Global Hobby Distributors
"Futaba cannot assure that non-Futaba equipment
is fully-compatible with other items of Futaba equipment.- Bax "

--------------------------------------

Modules - Other Brand 2.4GHz and UHF
Hitec RCD cannot assure compatibility with non-Hitec equipment, see disclaimer above.
. Thomas LRS - Aurora Thomas Long Range System & UHF Modules Thread.
. Spectra 2.4GHz module - Spektrum DIY Conversion Fly BNF's.
. Spectra Pro 35. 36. 40 & 41 MHz PPM/QPCM Module - DIY Convert Standard Crystal Based HPF-MIM Module.

Servo
. Other Brand Servo jitters and/or LBW sounds
Not all servo are equal, nor do they all readily mix and match between brands.
[usual indicated by LBW sounding and blue LED or jitters etc].

Receiver Pins, Leads and connections.
Caution is recommended when changing Transceivers or Receivers in a model which has been used
with a different brand previously installed or a servo moved from one model to another.
The pins in different brand receivers are not all the same size, nor are the male fittings within
different brand servo plugs/extension leads all the same size.
Especially noticeable if changing from Futaba to Hitec & JR, the metal sockets in the male plugs often stay expanded and cause intermittant problems. Many cheap "after market" leads & plugs have different size connections
and whilst the covers may be a tight fit, the actual metal contacts may not be, with some shown to widen out
and not return to a tight fit when reused. Be alert to pin sockets backing out of battery & extension lead plugs, a frequent unseen cause of intermittant connections and Digital Servo Burnout. (also jpg attached)

06 Aug 2010:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - PowerExpander Connections

07 Mar 2011:
Miracle Switch
1. Miracle Switch posts 1,4 & 8.
Miracle Switch Problems posts 12, 60 & 63
2. WRC Wike R/C Products IBEF Ignition Battery Eliminating Filter - Manual,
should not present any problem set up either via a spare channel or in the manual setup .

03 May 2011 Update
Problem With The Sparkswitch (Opti-Kill) 22 Mar 2011
"So I figured out the problem with the sparkswitch.
I did contact Duralite and Powerbox Systems and they were very helpful in getting some additional troubleshooting.
It seems there is a programming issue when the servo is in the Normal, not reversed, setting. I have it working now."
Problem With The Sparkswitch Confirmed 01 May 2011.
"Alright guys, I just wanted to give everyone an update on the range issue problem I've been having on my 30%!
Flew my 30% and 100cc planes all weekend long and yes, I too can now confirm the fix works!!!
Once I changed my channel 8 (opti-kill channel) to "REV" rather than "NOR",
I do not have an in-flight range issue when flying very far away.
Believe me, I tried and tried to get it to loose link or cut the ignition for a split second and I couldn't.
Flew the plane to a dot and that range issue is long gone having reversed those channels."

05 May 2011:
Further explanation and reminder of another cause of problems in a model which had been flying well for sometime -
be carefull with later changes to any "conditions" e.g. adding a throttle curve, refer:
Aurora 9 - On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App ". <snip>.
NB activate at start not part way/end of program or other conditions will be out of sync, incl. Video.
. Aurora 9 - Programming Chart

31 May 2011: Hitec Service Bulletin
2.4GHz System Warning May 31st, 2011
WARNING – 2.4GHz AFHSS System locks out when used with an optical kill switch.
Hitec USA’s service department has received reports that some users of our 2.4GHz AFHSS System have experienced system lockouts that have resulted in the loss of control of their aircraft. While there are several factors that can contribute to this, including poor power distribution or improper equipment installation, the increased volume of these reports has prompted an investigation in order to determine the cause. Our preliminary observations have suggested that the use of Optical Kill devices in conjunction with ignition engines is somehow causing our system to fail.
In light of this discovery it is suggested that users of our 2.4GHz AFHSS system discontinue the use of Optical Kill switches until a determination into the cause of these failures is made and a solution is found. We sincerely apologize for this situation and to anyone that has been affected by this issue.

08 June 2011: Update Optic Devices
"Currently we are still investigating the situation. We know the overwhelming majority of A9 users that use some sort of optical device do not have any issues, but since a small # of users have, it has lead us to issue this warning until a determination can be made as to the cause of the problems that had been reported.
My advice is that if a system has proven to be valid over a period of time, that it is unlikely that something would then suddenly happen. However, in many of the reports, the model was successfully flown for a hand full of flight and then the problem occurred. It is up to the user to decide if they feel confident with the device and if they choose to continue to use it.
Hitec team pilot Brandon Chitty has been flying his planes without an optical device and just sets up the throttle cut to a switch which physically moved the carb to the point where the engine dies. He set’s failsafe to the same position as well, so that in the event the system loses signal it will kill the engine. We apologize for any inconvenience and are working hard to find the cause and solution to this issue. - Mike."

14 June 2011: Update Optic Kill Switches
"Update: This is the latest I have to date... We are still testing to determine which (if any) Optical systems affect our systems and why. It's a painstaking process. However, what we do know is there have been situations where there has been a hard lockout that would only recover if the power was cycled to the RX. This was the most concerning situation and it appears that we have a software solution for this but I am not prepared to "officially" announce this. I only tell you this as I know so many of you want an update and this was indeed good news to my ears but we are still continuing to test. All our resources are dedicated to this situation right now.
RCEXL device: Here is the info I have on this... I talked to Ken Anderson at 42% products in which this device is a Chinese made knock off of theirs. He informed me that short cuts were taken over his device to keep the cost down and that in many cases this unit has been proven to cause problems due to the lower end componentry used. It is not my place to "officially" state that a product is inferior; especially from second hand knowledge but I have passed on this info to anyone that specifically asked. Take that for what it worth and investigate this own your own if you feel the need to prove or disprove this. I don't have all the technical info so please don't ask.- Mike"

28June 2011: "Update Optic Kill Switches": Okay so I know there is still concern about the use of Optical Kills with the Hitec system as we released a bulletin that we suggest they not be used due to a small amount of unexplained lockouts. Current there is no new info on if these indeed caused the problem but we are continuing to test. The biggest concern was that these lockouts would only recover if the power was cycled to the RX. There is a new firmware update that is currently being tested that allows the RX to reboot if the situation (which is still incredibly rare) does occur. Once the final testing is completed, it will be available to download. - Mike.

5July 2011 Update:
"After successfully testing the new RX firmware in Korea, they have now sent it to us for final testing. While we are still testing with the O.K.'s to determine if these are indeed causing a problem, or if it is something else, this reboot update is a big step forward as the RX will recover if knocked out.- Mike."

22 July 2011: Update:
"After testing to determine what was causing the reports of lockouts for some people we strongly believe now that the Optical devices did NOT play a factor and that it was ignition noise.
We will release a new RX firmware update very shortly that will offer better rejection against this and a re-boot feature that it is does get locked out by this it can recover without having to cycle power.
We apologize for this situation but feel that this update should eliminate the potential for the problem by a very significant amount. Mike"
Later.... "it turned out to be noise from the ignition that the V2.02 firmware resolved.- Mike. "

27 July 2011: Update
"FYI: The RX firmware update V3.01 should be up in the next couple of days. There has been speculation (as there always is) as to the validity of this update and the causes of some of the problems we have seen; All I can say it this is a GOOD THING as it improves the noise rejection capability of the RX as well as includes a re-boot feature if is it affected so at least it has a chance to recover. If other factors are involved then they will be addressed as well as needed.- Mike. "
. It would be all Optima's in which only the 7/9 can be updated by the user.
It is unknown if we will be able the O6's. Future RX's will have the updated firmware from the factory.- Mike.
. No need to remove them (Optima),
just connect to the data connection and your're good to go. While not a necessity, it's not a bad idea to rebind after an update and perform a range check just to be on the safe side.- Mike

5Aug11: Update
"Optima 6's will be able to be updated in the near future but will have to be sent in to do so.
Don't send them yet though... we are waiting on the jig. - Mike."
Expanded explanation of upgrade function
Oct 2011: Jig is available in USA, email for procedures first:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T. (Hitec Rep NZ)
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Last edited by A.T.; Apr 02, 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: update servo note url
Old May 09, 2011, 05:50 PM
USA, MI, Oxford
Joined Apr 2007
85 Posts
Hi A.T.
Thanks again for all your help in past. You are truly a Saint for post and organizing all this info.

I want to set up a throttle kill mix for my various glow power aircraft that amounts to 'running down the throttle trim' until the engine stops.

Right now I have to run the trim down manually on my A9 to stop the engine and then remember to run it back up to the 'good idle' position. My previous system had a 'memory' feature on the throttle trim and that worked pretty good.
Shall I follow the direction on your FAQ page for 'Throttle cut'?
I was not sure if that was a function for Helis.

Best,
Ken
KenCz is offline Find More Posts by KenCz
Old May 09, 2011, 05:52 PM
USA, MI, Oxford
Joined Apr 2007
85 Posts
A.T.,
Ops - Sorry - just noted your earlier post to ask my question on the Support forum not here.
KenCz is offline Find More Posts by KenCz
Old May 10, 2011, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfern View Post
I am simply trying to link my Aurora 9 with my PC (running Vista), I have read all instructions (perhaps not all fora yet though!). Have successfully installed the most up to date HPP-22 software and pluged in my HPP-22, it gets to the stage where it says pluge in your cable to the training port and turn on your transmitter. I do that, and my transmitters simply blinks from red to yellow (fast), and nothing happens....it still says Tx not connected. Any help...do I have a defective Tx or HPP-22?

New questions submitted as separate posts under the Hitec/Multiplex USA support forum will stand out and thus be better answered by the wider Hitec Team knowledge base.

This FAQ thread is maintained to keep post #1 updated, usually daily, with information relating to Q & A on forums world wide, and Hitec information releases.

Alan T.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 06:42 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
HPP-22 Firmware Upgrade - Telemetry System Command Center

HPP-22 V1.10(0)
1. Telemetry monitoring display function and firmware update function have been separated.
- Firmware update function : Select "Update / Setting" category
- Telemetry monitoring display : Push "HTS-CC(Hitec Telemetry System Command Center)" Icon

2. New HTS-NAVI(Wireless telemetry receiver) has been added in HTS-CC.

Prompt appears when connecting HPP-22 to PC, self explanatory pictures and documents are attached.
=======================================

Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.09(0) 20 Sept 2012
. Eclipse 7 Pro V1.03(0) 26 Sept 2012
. Optic 6 Sport V1.05(0) 26 Sept 2012
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
(How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version V1.15(1) 21Nov 2013 (Details and pictorial "How to" install)
. HTS-Navi Firmware V1.03 31 July 2011
. HTS-Voice 1.03(1) 05 March 2012.

22Nov11 Update:
. Refer list of firmware updates, new pdf attached.
. HPP-22 - How To Install & Use Instruction - FAQ with pictures.

05 March 2012:
HPP-22 V1.12(0) now available.
1. Uninstall old V1.111(1) using the HPP-22 uninstall program as pictured.
Do Not attempt to use Windows add/remove program app.
2. Download V1.12(0) from
Download Station
as shown picture 2.
3. Copy latest edition of "readme" is attached.
4. If HPP-22 is connected and a runtime error occurs, close program and disconnect HPP-22 from USB port,
before trying to run the program again otherwise runtime errors will continue.

26 September 2012:
HPP-22 Upgrade to V1.13(0) .
. Uninstall earlier version from PC then install latest version.

Upgrade detail:
Eclipse 7 Pro 2.4Ghz V1,03(0) Upgrade
- added Upgrade Mode and HPP-22 Mode
- Added HTS-S Advance Display
-Model Data can save to PC and bring the Data from PC
(Eclipse .set files are not recognised by an Aurora 9)
- Improved latency

Optic 6 Sport 2.4 V1.03 (0) Upgrade
- Improved Latency
Aurora 9 V1.09(0) Upgrade.

18 January 2013
HPP-22 Firmware Upgrade V1.14(0) - procedure.
Version Information : HPP-22 V1.14(0)
1. HTS-VOICE Firmware update and Set up can be upgraded by HPP-22.
2. Firmware update for HTS-VOICE (Ver.1.04(0))!!
- HTS-Advance sensor voice.

14 May 2013
Please refer HPP-22 program file V1.14(1) procedure.

"HPP-22 v1.14(1) : New Firmware updates for HPP-22

HPP-22 Software Version 1.14(1)
H4 New Firmware Version 1.02(1)

How to update H4 firmware - manual

26 July 2013
HPP-22 v1.15(0) : New Firmware updates for HPP-22

1. New HTS-ADVANCE screen is created
Before, HTS-SS NITRO, BLUE, ADVANCE screens are separated,
but all screens are combined by ALL HTS-SS screen

2. HTS-VOICE V1.04(1) patch
- Altitude Reset Function added
When HTS-VOICE is using HTS-GPS and Variometer together,
altitude will have auto
- reset when HTS-Voice turned on.
=====================================

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan Tong
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

[Right click RCG attachments and open in new window.
Button bottom right of IE screen (or _+icons Firefox Toolbar) enables viewing size increase upto 400% for easier reading.]
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: HPP-22 Update V1.14
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:24 AM
Joined Feb 2011
22 Posts
username

on your .pdf comparison, you sited aurora9 has no user name, hey...you can put username on the info at system menu....
khymlawrence is offline Find More Posts by khymlawrence
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:21 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora Comparison Chart_update

.pdf comparison was written at time of V1.03., for optimum performance at present, use:
Current Aurora 9 firmware V1.08(1) as at 10 July 2011
Current Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
Current Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.01 31 July 2011
Current HTS-Navi Firmware V1.03? 31 July 2011.

Upgrades to Aurora 9, not in manual, since first release include:
. Username
. Password
. Ability to enlarge Timers x 2
. Ability to set LBW on screen
. Touch Lock Setting.
. Sound On/Off
. Fail Safe settings on screen
and many more as detailed post #1 this thread under
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Details.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.07(1) & (2) 01Oct10.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Updates V1.07 & V1.08(0) updated to V1.08(1) 10Jul11 ...
..Screen shots of the new displays plus additonal information includes planned updates for V1.08+.

Spectra Module V1.01, V2.00 & V3.01 Updates & Manual.
Optima 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Update V2.01 31Jul11
(•Improved reboot and recovery methods after severe RF interference.)
- Requires Module V3.01 and Aurora V1.07+

and new manual pages, available 6th section post #1 above.

Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Aug 20, 2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: add Title
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:45 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,016 Posts
I have a 3s Lipo with two good cells and one cell that is COMPLETELY dead. It charges fine as a 2s lipo and the dead cell measures maybe .01 volts at most. Can I use it to power my A9?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:50 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
I have a 3s Lipo with two good cells and one cell that is COMPLETELY dead. It charges fine as a 2s lipo and the dead cell measures maybe .01 volts at most. Can I use it to power my A9?
No.
(way to dangerous - refer Lipo batteries at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links)

Forum Posting Guidlines

Alan T.
Last edited by A.T.; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Highlight repeated request to start new threads for any questions.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora 9 - EPA & T.Limit Difference and Use.

Aurora 9 - EPA & T.Limit (added V1.08) - Difference

. Further clarification with addition of user posts to original post.

Q. What is the difference between "T. Limit" and "EPA".
A. They do sort of the same thing other then mixes can overthrow what the EPA % is set to.
Travel limit is a hard stopping point so mixes cannot overthrow what you have set in T. Limit and bind up a servo.
- Brendan Lugo, Hitec USA 03/26/2011
A. EPA should be used to set the desired overall travel... T-limit is used to prevent the servos from being over driven if the surface is influenced by more than one mix. - Mike. Hitec USA 03/07/2012

======================================

T-Limit ist one of the best enhancements HITEC has done to their software.
Whatever mixers e.t.c you program, your servos will be in this range.
Whenever I program a new model I start with T-Limit and set it to the physical constraints for my servos.
- Juergen aka "skyrock" 10/12/2011
========================================

Q. T. travel limit.... How is this dif. from END. Point???
A. Quote "This is the order you should be doing it:
1. Set the T. Limits for all servos in the plane (this is the MAXIMUM travel limit so you don't wreck something by over %'ing it)
2. Set the EPA for each servo/surface on for high rate throws.
Ie. for IMAC you'd set your maximum rudder throw on highest rate to be 40* or whatever is your preference here.
If you're using less than 100% EPA to attain this, geometry needs to be tweaked.
Personally I try to keep all my surfaces in the 110-140* EPA range for added resolution.
3. Set the Dual Rate (or in my case I use many different flight conditions) each with a differing rate of throw % for that surface.
I never go beyond 100% throw in my highest rate flight condition under the D/R settings
as it's too confusing and should be raised on the EPA high rate #2 above if you find yourself needing more than 100%.
It's worth noting here, that you should be setting "C" & "S" before you setup your multi rates/flight conditions as well. "
- posted by "Eganwp" 10/12/2011
========================================

Aurora 9 - On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App ". - Set Up Conditions incl Video
. "C" is combined so if you want the same setting in different flight condition use it..
. "S" is for single so as to make the setting unique to the condition.
. "T.App" is Trim Apply - activate this if trims are to be the same in all conditions.
NB activate at start not part way/end of program or other conditions will be out of sync.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 07, 2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add link to FAQ: On Screen "C" <> "S" & "T.App
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
Lathrop, Missouri, United States
Joined Oct 2004
486 Posts
subscribe
gjhinshaw is offline Find More Posts by gjhinshaw