New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2016, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Air Head
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
Discussion
due to Larry not wanting to produce this fan any more. Due to cost and safety factors

If Larry wasn't involved the interest may have been different. I didn't know this was his thread.
Air Head is offline Find More Posts by Air Head
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2016, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
9,266 Posts
say what???
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Jun 16, 2016, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
I'm not a "fan" of Larry, thought this was Air Sally's thread. When Larry tuned in I tuned out.

Seems he got his account suspended again, what is it with this guy?

Perhaps we can get XPS to make the fan Jim mentioned.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:57 PM
Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,622 Posts
it was my thread ......
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by jetjock50
United States, SC, Florence
Joined Nov 2004
270 Posts
Airhead

this guy feels it is his duty to jump on Larry every chance he gets!!!
\
jetjock50 is offline Find More Posts by jetjock50
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:02 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
How many times can someone get suspended - and in addition to this he always says "this is my last post".

There have been many last last posts.

Accusing me of sending Cyanide in the mail and reporting me to the FBI which turned out to be a police report. Really ?

You are right on target I take advantage to post any chance I get but since he's suspended again I guess this may be somewhat limited.

I have the two rotors on my desk so this remains very fresh to me. Truly an unforgettable experience!
Last edited by Air Head; Jun 17, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
17,375 Posts
Wow, just read Roger's destroyed thread. Not sure what Larry was thinking. To my knowledge Larry never released any fan systems for me to "copy". I am pretty sure we had the first commercial Dynamax based solution. Our original prototypes were all 1527 based, as experiments with Bob Vincent, Roger, Brent, and a handful of others with no fear. That was about 10 years ago.... how time flys.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2016, 07:47 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
Well Jim, if Larry didn't have his account suspended AGAIN im sure he would let you know and certainly put you in your place.

How about you making these?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:09 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,622 Posts
No one put Larry has ever machined a dynamax blades for either using less blades or more blades.changing the stock hub dia.
Also you need a 6 phase motor and a E SC to run it.also a motor does not exist right now and voltage has to go up to turn a 15 blade rotor 30,000 rpm.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:11 AM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
I think it needs more Wattage.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 02:23 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,622 Posts
Less amps as amps can melt solder......we don't want a Arc welder.
Larry made collet hubs way back in the day when he was making rotors with less than stock amount of blades.which requires re-machining of the blade base.he is the only guy that has does this.his fans he built for sapac 100mm also had collet hubs that he designed.his dynamax fan use a motor with a longer shafts and the end is threaded for the spinner bolt.these are custom made for him by HET.
He will probably make one fan with 13 blades and a Neu motor.as no tooling exist to make new stator plates for a large enough motor for 15 blades. But we will have to read all about it on another site.the man is a EE a machinist and has been producing ducted fans for 40 + years .so I think he will be able to do this.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
I know, he's smarter than all of us put together - just ask him.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 05:14 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
23,622 Posts
no need to say negative things about him when he cant defend himself . im just saying he has the knowledge it is going to take to push the EDf envelope up to the next notch . batts have kinda leveled off CC does not want to go above 12s due to safety so here we are . im sure Jim could do it too ...just takes time and money ....which I don't have
Old Jun 24, 2016, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
17,375 Posts
I made a couple of different rotor designs for 15 Dynamax blades. The issue of course is that you really are not pulling a lot more air for the increased size, you are just increasing the overall diameter of the rotor and hub. I abandoned that idea and designed a 205mm fan with 12 blades, based on the data I found about the turbine powered version. The fan was designed around my existing 20Kw motor.

The problem with building fans like this is that there is a very small market. When the next jump in batteries occurs (double or more the capacity), then we can fly 1:5 scale turbine models for 10 minutes with 30-40 pounds of installed thrust, and everyone will want to join the party. That shall be known as the "holy-grail".

For now, it's just too expensive to produce tooling to sell just a handful of fan systems.

For the record, I have never seen anything that Larry has ever made except the test stands he sold us. We were selling fans long before Sapac ever had any cut down Dynamax fans.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2016, 06:50 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,574 Posts
He was a bit deceptive with his listing for the fans I bought, he did not mention they were for gas and 30 years old.

I honestly have no idea who he was running against for the AMA position that I had the conspiracy with in Florida.

I think I may throw the rotors in the trash and get them off my desk. Cyanide, FBI, truly handled in a professional business like manner from the get go when he started by threatening me with his team of family lawyers that would come after me. It was a hundred and twenty bucks and he even made a deal with the manufacturer who would discount the cost to replace but he said it was my cost - instead he fabricates this drama that was truly mind blowing!

There were many messages from members here that said he is a real piece of work, he certainly made a believer out of me.