Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,436 Posts
Help!
Heinkel He 115

Quite some time ago from "somewhere" on the web (possibly a Russian site) I downloaded this plan but, unfortunately it wasn't complete.

Nowhere on the site were the rest of the drawings. Has anyone got them and can download them?

It's a cool looking seldom modelled plane and would go great at one of our float fly meetings
Kiwi is online now Find More Posts by Kiwi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2010, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by rotorheid
Closed Account
Joined May 2006
2,132 Posts
Hi Kiwi

Try this, I got it from here,

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/3vues.html

Cheers,

regards to all, Al
rotorheid is offline Find More Posts by rotorheid
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by 1post
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
632 Posts
It appears that a file used to be available at a site named Modelarz. There are download sites that come up when searching Heinkel HE-115 Modelarz, with downloadable files. Not sure if they are the correct file, as they would have to be looked at to see. I wish those sites would show a preview, as I don't want to download anything without some idea of what I may get, due to the risk.

This is where the plan used to be found. Maybe these folks at this forum may have it:
http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/show...97&postcount=5
1post is offline Find More Posts by 1post
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:25 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Joined Sep 2004
2,436 Posts
Well the leads to the Modelarz web site is a dead end and the maly-modelarz appears to only be paper models.

The plan appears to have come from a RC Scale Modeler magazine and with Modeler spelt with only one "L" it must be the American one. Unfortunately there is no indication of the date. It has the name Gene Falada on it who was mentioned in the RCCanada as no longer having any interest in selling plans. (and wouldn't sell to Canadians!)
Old Oct 23, 2010, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by 1post
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Well the leads to the Modelarz web site is a dead end and the maly-modelarz appears to only be paper models.

The plan appears to have come from a RC Scale Modeler magazine and with Modeler spelt with only one "L" it must be the American one. Unfortunately there is no indication of the date. It has the name Gene Falada on it who was mentioned in the RCCanada as no longer having any interest in selling plans. (and wouldn't sell to Canadians!)
I believe it was Chris himself who offered to go to the effort to rescale and send me AR196 plans, when I built mine. His AR196 is incredible. He owns Ontario Adhesives, and can probably be contacted there also. If you really want to build the plane, he probably would mind you asking for the plans to be emailed to you. I ended up going another route building my AR196, but he was kind enough to make the offer to me. I was actually thinking maybe he, or someone on that forum could help you out with the plans.
Last edited by 1post; Oct 23, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:44 AM
Find More Posts by Kiwi
Joined Sep 2004
2,436 Posts
I'll try that trail then.
please tell us more about your Arado 196, thats another very desirable build, do you have a build thread for it?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:08 AM
Find More Posts by 1post
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2010
632 Posts
Quote:
I'll try that trail then.
please tell us more about your Arado 196, thats another very desirable build, do you have a build thread for it?
It's around somewhere, although I've had an easier time finding threads with Google, than site search engines.
It was made from a GWS Zero, which is surprisingly close of a starting point. The most difficult part of the build was marking off all of the scale framer locations on the rear fuse, as the covered rear fuse is such a standout feature of the AR196. I then had to sand a series of flats on the rear fuse, and finally applied automotive pinstriping along the ribbing lines. The pinstriping shows through the covering a bit, intentionally making the ribbing stand out a bit. This could also be done with the thin plastic detail strips sold at hobby shops, that the model railroad folks use. Those come in every size under the sun, which allows you to get exactly the effect you desire.

I believe it should fly just fine, with the slightly enlarged GWS Zero wing. I managed to pull it off the water with the geared 170W inrunner, but with the bit of waves it was difficult to handle. I pulled up too suddenly, almost saved it, but stalled back into the water. I was going to try again, but the electronics had to be dried out. I need to get it back out again, as I added a bit of depth to the water rudders. They barely sat below the floats in the water, and proved largely ineffective. With more control, I will get more speed before pulling up, and not horse it off the water, as I did last time.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:17 PM
Find More Posts by kcaldwel
“emancipatory catastrophism”
Joined Jan 2007
4,126 Posts
kcaldwel is offline Find More Posts by kcaldwel
Last edited by kcaldwel; Dec 15, 2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by eugenioca
Joined May 2006
16 Posts
Heinkel He 115 plan complete...

Quote:
Quite some time ago from "somewhere" on the web (possibly a Russian site) I downloaded this plan but, unfortunately it wasn't complete.

Nowhere on the site were the rest of the drawings. Has anyone got them and can download them?

It's a cool looking seldom modelled plane and would go great at one of our float fly meetings
Don´t ask me where... but i found it

...with time i will clean and convert to pdf and more...
eugenioca is offline Find More Posts by eugenioca
Last edited by eugenioca; Mar 16, 2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: add updates...
Old Mar 16, 2016, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by Au_Arbiter
nowhere, Australia
Joined Dec 2004
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenioca View Post
Don´t ask me where... but i found it

...with time i will clean and convert to pdf and more...
Cool look forward to the plan! Its hard to get sectional views of this plane.
As for the subject this video has some good footage of the type in german service, starting around 26.30.
Wings of the Luftwaffe - Sea Planes (13 of 14) (42 min 14 sec)

- Luke -
Au_Arbiter is offline Find More Posts by Au_Arbiter
Old Apr 03, 2016, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by KOMET 44
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
3,101 Posts
I have this plan in 1/8 scale.Drawn by Gene Falada.I have only started to cut fuse parts.
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Apr 04, 2016, 05:08 AM
Find More Posts by Himat
Norway
Joined Jan 2009
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au_Arbiter View Post
Cool look forward to the plan! Its hard to get sectional views of this plane.
As for the subject this video has some good footage of the type in german service, starting around 26.30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMDB9md6ADQ
- Luke -
And, the British operated ex Norwegian planes in German markings for clandestine operations.
Himat is offline Find More Posts by Himat
Old Apr 04, 2016, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by eugenioca
Joined May 2006
16 Posts
... and you don´t have this plan in pdf file to send ???
eugenioca is offline Find More Posts by eugenioca
Old Apr 07, 2016, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by Himat
Norway
Joined Jan 2009
115 Posts
No plan to send.
I only have a booklet about the He 115.
Himat is offline Find More Posts by Himat