HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 735 86.07%
were just asking for too much 119 13.93%
Voters: 854. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 15, 2015, 04:17 PM
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
40 Posts
CQ should be where you like it. I like light batteries (150 - 170 mAh) and no additional weight. I also don't use expo or low rates. I'd rather like more aileron throw. I often fly inverted eights or loop it until it's upright.
On the other hand it can carry about 20g batteries (500 - 600 mAh) if it's windy and you don't mind full up elevator trim. More than 300 mAh isn't fun for me.
Schugy is offline Find More Posts by Schugy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:33 PM
I crash planes.
Colombia, Bogotá, D.C., Bogota
Joined Jan 2015
17 Posts
Thanks a lot for your answers yesterday :-)

rccraze and Schugy: I learned to fix the GC. I added some weight with the reinforcements so the GC might have changed. Anyway now it flights better with the battery close to the nose and in this way it doesn't try to climb like in the video I'll post below.

Schugy: The reinforcements I did in the nose worked well and I had some crashes and the motor is intact and also the (fixed) nose. Although the piece of wood that is below perforated the foam near the battery compartment (I think I did not add enough hot glue to that piece of wood.). I think the hot glue helps with shocks (it's elastic).

smittyboy: I need expo for the ailerons. For the elevator now I prefer full linear control. I learned to flight it slow but there was wind so it was dangerous to do it near the grass, a gust can take it down fast. I even glided a bit (a few seconds, more than 6).

Today I had more space. I'll share a video that is special to me because this is how I managed to flight this plane the first time without crashing it bad or almost destroying it like it happened on Saturday when I flew it with lots of obstacles around.

I know I did a few tings wrong in the video: that the GC is not right and that it shows, that I launched it with full throttle, and that I almost crash it in a roll :-)
  • Loop: 1.0.
  • Big commercial plane in sight (far): 2:05.
  • Roll that almost ended in crash: 3:53.
  • Belly landing: 5.0.

Parkzone Ultra-Micro (UM) T-28 (PKZU1580). First time I don't crash it! (5 min 13 sec)

Here in HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYuudkAK-s?vq=hd1080, I don't know how to embed HD videos here.

Not all the landings were that nice. The worst was when the motor got cut after 9 minutes (180mAh) and I didn't react fast. I lost track of time. I'll set up timer in the controller, about 6minutes I guess.

I wanted to show the fixes before flying but I didn't focus very well, this camera does not have feedback. I'll attach a pic of the ugly but effective fix for the broken tail, I reinforced it a lot with that plastic that they use in the malls to avoid things being stolen.

Now I hope I get the most of this plane and that I do not crash it in a bad way. This is the first fast plane with 4 channels (with no beginner mode) that I can control (kind of) well.
nelsoneci is offline Find More Posts by nelsoneci
Last edited by nelsoneci; Feb 17, 2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:55 PM
Joined Mar 2014
276 Posts
Cool video. I know I crashed this thing about 40 times before I actually had a flight that I landed it safely, LOL. Took me forever to get the feel of this plane. To me it was like flying a bucking bronco…all over the sky, crazy! Yes, it's the ailerons that really need the rates lowered. I also like having full control of the elevator (without 100% throw it's very difficult to loop it). This thing will glide perfectly with aileron control, but only if it's flying "straight ahead", in for landing. Just don't try turning it with the throttle cut off or it will roll over and dive nose first towards the ground.
smittyboy is offline Find More Posts by smittyboy