Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Dr.Spock
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Feb 2014
45 Posts
Discussion
Understanding STOCK FrSky telemetry (D8RII-plus)

I thought it might be helpful to have a thread explaining how to interpret the built-in FrSky telemetry. According to the manufacturer, when the A1 and X ports are connected by a jumper then you can utilize the built in battery voltage sensor telemetry.

Therefore, the available STOCK telemetry capabilities are RSSI (reduced signal strength indication) and low battery voltage indicator.

The problem is that they don't explain how to properly utilize these features. Both alerts are accomplished by causing the module to "beep". What I want to know is:
-Are the beeps different for the different features? In other words, is the module equipped to audibly differentiate between a low voltage indication and an RSSI?
-Are there different severities of beeps? For example, a single beep may mean your range is just slightly getting risky whereas a rapid higher pitched beep may mean failsafe is right about to kick in.

I have seen in some posts people referencing different types of beeps but I can't find an explanation of these anywhere.

Thanks!
Conscious0ne is offline Find More Posts by Conscious0ne
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscious0ne View Post
. . .
Therefore, the available STOCK telemetry capabilities are RSSI (reduced signal strength indication) and low battery voltage indicator.
. . .
RSSI stands for Received Signal Strength Indicator.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
Dr.Spock
United States, CA, San Rafael
Joined Feb 2014
45 Posts
Thanks
Conscious0ne is offline Find More Posts by Conscious0ne
Old Today, 05:24 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,223 Posts
Not enough search friendly for a Spock

Short story: there are three alarms = beep types, named yellow, orange and red in Frsky docs, any of them can be assigned to any event, whatever RSSI or voltage alarm.
From factory the receiver comes with the yellow and orange alarms assigned to RSSI, and red alarm unassigned.
You can reassign them as you wish.

Longer story here:
http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...rSky_Telemetry
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa