HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Discussion
Freewing's new Me-262 Price

Freewing really wants that much more than Dynam'? I just picked up my 1st Freewing aircraft. A B-17 from you guys, which needed work out of the box before I could fly it. I would guess this airframe will also need work before you can fly it.

That is a high price IMHO and I'll go back to wait and see I guess.

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
San Jose Cally
Joined Jan 2004
1,031 Posts
Yo Pete

How about a $ 299.00 preorder price for us ME-262 Fanatics Pete ?.

Pete Lane
sonic liner is offline Find More Posts by sonic liner
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:17 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner View Post
How about a $ 299.00 preorder price for us ME-262 Fanatics Pete ?.

Pete Lane
More like $230.00 pre order $260.00 afterwards, Nahh never happen.

John
Old Nov 02, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi JLogan!

Regardless of any given manufacturer, please understand that this is a hobby and that you may at times be required to do some modifications that may include but is not limited to cutting, gluing, soldering, or other types of adjustments to your item before it can be operated. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi JLogan!

Regardless of any given manufacturer, please understand that this is a hobby and that you may at times be required to do some modifications that may include but is not limited to cutting, gluing, soldering, or other types of adjustments to your item before it can be operated. -Seba
You forgot the part, replace servo's esc, motors, push rod ect

Thanks

john
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi JLogan!

If necessary, you are encouraged to contact us for technical assistance and solutions, especially if you are still within an active warranty period. Our records indicate that you had indeed purchased a B-17, however any inquiries regarding the complications stated above are nonexistent.

At any rate, as for the ME-262, please feel free to preorder now as they may go fast! Thanks! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:12 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi JLogan!

If necessary, you are encouraged to contact us for technical assistance and solutions, especially if you are still within an active warranty period. Our records indicate that you had indeed purchased a B-17, however any inquiries regarding the complications stated above are nonexistent.

At any rate, as for the ME-262, please feel free to preorder now as they may go fast! Thanks! -Seba
Good luck with them going fast.

John
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:08 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Dynams sales for $199 use coupon code pricepickle and get 6% off and
mine flys excellent very quality and fast flying plane for less, why pay almost $200 more for the same model.when you can buy two planes from nitroplanes for the cost of one @BH.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,418 Posts
Let us remember that not all foamies are created equal.....

Just because the Dynam 262 and the Freewing 262 are the same size and use the same size fans does not make them of equal value.

I have flown the Dynam Me-262 and it was pretty decent. The landing gear was pretty crude, I thought and on the model I was flying (a buddies) it had failed early, leaving one main leg intermittent.

I will say that my Freewing Su-35 had a much better finish and was more refined in design and construction than most other foamy offerings. Compared to the Dynam Me-262, it was far superior. The Dynam model looked like it had been painted by someone in kindergarden, IMO.

The Freewing metal strut electronic retracts in the Su-35 were quite a bit better than the ones I saw in the Dynam 262.

I like the opposite rotation fans on the Su-35 and it is my understanding that the same units are used in the Freewing 262.

My Freewing Su-34 has around 130-140 flights on it, with no issues except occasional fan breaks, usually after FOD ingestion. Easy and cheap to replace.

Is the Freewing 262 worth 150 more than the Dynam? I am not sure, but given my experience with Freewing, the cost is not completely out of line and there are certainly certain aspects of the Freewing 262 that are notably superior to the Dynam offering. I would be an instant buyer at around 300. Might still be a buyer even at 350.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 20, 2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:26 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Let us remember that not all foamies are created equal.....

Just because the Dynam 262 and the Freewing 262 are the same size and use the same size fans does not make them of equal value.

I have flown the Dynam Me-262 and it was pretty decent. The landing gear was pretty crude, I thought and on the model I was flying (a buddies) it had failed early, leaving one main leg intermittent.

I will say that my Freewing Su-35 had a much better finish and was more refined in design and construction than most other foamy offerings. Compared to the Dynam Me-262, it was far superior. The Dynam model looked like it had been painted by someone in kindergarden, IMO.

The Freewing metal strut electronic retracts in the Su-35 were quite a bit better than the ones I saw in the Dynam 262.

I like the opposite rotation fans on the Su-35 and it is my understanding that the same units are used in the Freewing 262.

My Freewing Su-34 has around 130-140 flights on it, with no issues except occasional fan breaks, usually after FOD ingestion. Easy and cheap to replace.

Is the Freewing 262 worth 150 more than the Dynam? I am not sure, but given my experience with Freewing, the cost is not completely out of line and there are certainly certain aspects of the Freewing 262 that are notably superior to the Dynam offering. I would be an instant buyer at around 300. Might still be a buyer even at 350.
$369.00 is way to much. after watching the flight video. Lets see gun ports not scale, pilots canopy not scale, struts not to scale, flaps are wrong not to scale.(never had split flaps) the fans and motors sound just like a cheap 6s setup. I have the Dynam 262 and flew it this flying season over 100+ flights all stock but a BEC and a new servo on the elevator. It flys outstanding not just ok. $199.90 is what I paid for it to my door. Freewing has alot more work to do on this airframe before they ask $369.00 notably superior ? I think not, maybe $15.00 more than the Dynam is all I could see due to the retract parts. I know there are some very brave souls out there and we can wait and see how they fair.

John

Want to bet its more of the same as the folding wing corsair?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan View Post
$369.00 is way to much. after watching the flight video. Lets see gun ports not scale, pilots canopy not scale, struts not to scale, flaps are wrong not to scale.(never had split flaps) the fans and motors sound just like a cheap 6s setup. I have the Dynam 262 and flew it this flying season over 100+ flights all stock but a BEC and a new servo on the elevator. It flys outstanding not just ok. $199.90 is what I paid for it to my door. Freewing has alot more work to do on this airframe before they ask $369.00 notably superior ? I think not, maybe $15.00 more than the Dynam is all I could see due to the retract parts. I know there are some very brave souls out there and we can wait and see how they fair.

John

Want to bet its more of the same as the folding wing corsair?
We could spend some time pointing out the ugly bits on the Dynam 262....like the size of the inlet lips, for starters.... The Freewing has much better looking nacelles. I already mentioned the crude camo.

I will say for a fact that my 6S Freewing SU-35 fans sound better than my buddies cheap 4S Dynam 262 setup... I will pay the slight weight penalty for the lower amps of the 6S system. The EPS foam is lighter, anyway.

I own a couple of Dynam models:PBY, Cessna 310 and like them fine. However, they are simply not as refined as my Freewing models.

I will agree that they could have done a better job on the nose profile, the gun ports and the canopy....I have yet to see a perfect foamy ARF from anyone, though. The Freewing 262 would be much improved with the Dynam canopy, I will admit...

I stand by what I said. The Dynam is not bad at all for 200 bucks, but I think the Freewing will turn out to be a superior offering...at a price some will be willing to pay and some will not be willing to pay.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
We could spend some time pointing out the ugly bits on the Dynam 262....like the size of the inlet lips, for starters.... The Freewing has much better looking nacelles. I already mentioned the crude camo.

I will say for a fact that my 6S Freewing SU-35 fans sound better than my buddies cheap 4S Dynam 262 setup... I will pay the slight weight penalty for the lower amps of the 6S system. The EPS foam is lighter, anyway.

I own a couple of Dynam models:PBY, Cessna 310 and like them fine. However, they are simply not as refined as my Freewing models.

I will agree that they could have done a better job on the nose profile, the gun ports and the canopy....I have yet to see a perfect foamy ARF from anyone, though. The Freewing 262 would be much improved with the Dynam canopy, I will admit...

I stand by what I said. The Dynam is not bad at all for 200 bucks, but I think the Freewing will turn out to be a superior offering...at a price some will be willing to pay and some will not be willing to pay.
Your right some will be all over this airframe. I think they(Freewing) did a better job on the SU-35. Time will tell on the 262. nothing to admit here. They are what they are. both are just run of the mill made junk EPO. I'm sure both fly well when everything is working. Price matters here due to lack of support you will get from BH if something does not work out of the box. "Sorry we have no parts" ect. For me $369.00 is way over priced.

John
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
AMA#313760
Joined May 2009
704 Posts
New Price $389.90 You Go BH. You just made up my mind to get another Dynam 262

Thank you.

John
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:06 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Good evening Pilots.

The Freewing ME-262 have a much better scale and is better made. For this aircraft, it does not need glue as it uses series of plastic pieces to assemble, thus, eliminating the need for glue but it is also a personal preference if you wish to use the glue to have the aircraft more secure. The retracts were upgraded and is now running on metal retracts. The Freewing ME-262 also have flaps, different scale color scheme, and the flying characteristics.

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR